Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Sabres after Aaron Asham? Idk how reliable this guy is but from what i know he's been pretty decent this off-season.

2 West Conf. teams in on Asham (Van, Edm) but he wants to stay in East; Tampa, Sabres, Panthers and a mystery team are on the top right now.

Sabres after Aaron Asham? Idk how reliable this guy is but from what i know he's been pretty decent this off-season.

That guy has the reputation of being another Eklund. Anytime a guy mentions a "mystery team", that's a giant red flag in the make-a-rumor department.

OK, let's play guess the cause. The Flames have reportedly re-sign Ian White to a 1 year, $2.999995 million contract. What rule or regulation did they avoid by not signing him to a $3 million contract? Had this been an offer sheet, I might have guessed that they were trying to stay under a higher compensation level that would start at $3 million. I'm not sure what they were avoiding here.

OK, let's play guess the cause. The Flames have reportedly re-sign Ian White to a 1 year, $2.999995 million contract. What rule or regulation did they avoid by not signing him to a $3 million contract? Had this been an offer sheet, I might have guessed that they were trying to stay under a higher compensation level that would start at $3 million. I'm not sure what they were avoiding here.

I bet a lot of contracts wind up like that. We just never actually see the exact figures.

He never paid back the GM for the Happy Meal they bought him on the last road trip. They figured this was the only way to get it back.

Surprisingly, Niemi was only awarded $2.75 million by the arbitrator. I know the Blackhawks hoped for even less, but that will be tough to walk away from. Of course, it could also add to his trade value in a sign and trade scenario.

Surprisingly, Niemi was only awarded $2.75 million by the arbitrator. I know the Blackhawks hoped for even less, but that will be tough to walk away from. Of course, it could also add to his trade value in a sign and trade scenario.

Word is Niemi will be let go. Hawks will pick up Turco for a year at 1.5 million.

With Stafford and Mancari at right wing, the Sabres are going to be stocked up on clutch playmakers. Pominville better watch his back.

Stafford, who failed to dig into goal scoring, and Pominville, who contributes once in a blue moon, scare me as our top right wingers. I prefer both, if they are staying, to step up their production to 40+ goals.

Wants to go to a contender.

Only the namby-panty-waists around here, who shall remain nameless, would consider Buffalo that.

dude really? i know buffalo has some work to do, but they are definately contenders, they made the playoffs last year. thats automatic contenders.

Everyone that makes the playoffs is a contender but everyone knows how to seperate the men from the boys in this league. Last year the Sabres proved it for themselves that they were'nt even in the same class as many teams that just squeeked into the playoffs. You're either built for a deep playoff run or you're not. The sabres lacked all the intangibles that are required for a deep run except a great goalie. Even Miller could'nt carry this sad sack bunch deep. There are too many holes and too many question marks. From what I've seen of Regiers actions this off season none of this has been adressed so I would'nt consider them a contender.

Everyone that makes the playoffs is a contender but everyone knows how to seperate the men from the boys in this league. Last year the Sabres proved it for themselves that they were'nt even in the same class as many teams that just squeeked into the playoffs. You're either built for a deep playoff run or you're not. The sabres lacked all the intangibles that are required for a deep run except a great goalie. Even Miller could'nt carry this sad sack bunch deep. There are too many holes and too many question marks. From what I've seen of Regiers actions this off season none of this has been adressed so I would'nt consider them a contender.

freakin bull. miller is highly overrated. does he score goals? no. were the sabres top 10 in scoring this year? yes. dont say anything about scoring all there goals in blowouts either. cause thats crap. this is a good team that is just a few pieces away from being great. the only reason everyone is complainin aboput our players is because we lost key guys in briere drury campbell dumon mckee, thats alot of great players lost over just a few years. if the sabres lost in the same fashion they did this year with all those guys that we lost, none of you would be saying that the sabres have any problems. it is just ridicoulous to say that this team sucks or is not a contender.

if the sabres lost in the same fashion they did this year with all those guys that we lost, none of you would be saying that the sabres have any problems. it is just ridiculous to say that this team sucks or is not a contender.

Not for nothing, but a lot of the same complaints were made about the 2006-07 team, which had three of those players.

The 2005-06 team was closer, because they had a better mix of skill, speed, grit, and heart. They traded some of that for a more focused speed/skill team in 2006-07, which helped them dominate the regular season, but look less capable in the playoffs (they still had enough to win two early series, but the Ottawa series was not that close.) In the subsequent Summer, they lost even more and haven't really done anything to replace it. Pieces here and there have helped, but they haven't looked really capable of contending since then, including last year. They aren't as far away as some here would lead you to believe, but as long as certain key areas are not addressed, the shoring up of lower lines and pairs won't get it done.

Archived