NHL 2ND ROUND PLAYOFF DISCUSSION

LabattBlue

God, who was calling the Red Wings - Sharks game? Ugh, sounded like an ECHL call.

A badly timed change gives up a good scoring chance for the Wings, but sets up the game winner when the puck goes back the other way. 3-0 series lead for the Sharks. Are we going to see an epic choke or are they really going to the WCF?

God, who was calling the Red Wings - Sharks game? Ugh, sounded like an ECHL call.

Seriously.

A badly timed change gives up a good scoring chance for the Wings, but sets up the game winner when the puck goes back the other way. 3-0 series lead for the Sharks. Are we going to see an epic choke or are they really going to the WCF?

I can see the Wings winning 1 or 2 (MAYBE getting it to game 7), but the Sharks look like they're in control. This one had to be devastating for Detroit.

Can anyone rival the enthusiasm of Doc Emrick? Maybe RJ, but it's clear that Emrick loves this game.

Joey B... In the homestanding jerseys... He gets excited on every good play, regardless of the team..

Can anyone rival the enthusiasm of Doc Emrick? Maybe RJ, but it's clear that Emrick loves this game.

All true. I just wish he called the game more instead of yappin'. When you watch the replay shows the next day, it's amazing how many of his goal calls are him being interrupted.

That figures. As soon as I declare who I want to win the Cup, they go in the tank. :lol:

Goal tending is the difference in this series. Howard is a regular driver on the Mr. Softie route.

Miro Satan played with a bunch of talented players, like Gilmour, Barnes, Sanderson, Afinogenov, Andreychuk, Dumont, Briere, and Drury. Some of those guys are routinely cited as "difference-makers" that the team doesn't have now.

I really wish this board had been around before 2004 so I could pull up what you would have said then.

I can blow this post up in about a 1000 different ways.

1st of all. Drury and Briere came at the tale end of Satan's run here in Buffalo. Even hen he put up 29 goals. Gilmour and Andreychuk the later years. They were a long ways away from being difference makers. By the way, Gilmour is a quitter. Max? You must be joking. Sanderson and Barnes where role players.

I tell you now what I said then. I said it's a shame that Satan got kicked to the curb because fans had there new toys in Drury and Briere. Satan was his own agent and was tremendously underpaid while being the only offensive star on the Sabres for years. In the end Drury and Briere said screw the Sabres and took the money.

There are a lot of comments about Satan's goals when he was a Sabre, but he really did score a lot of goals when games didn't matter. He did get a lot of EN's, he would get 2 goals in a 6-2 loss, he would get 2 goals in a 6-2 win and his goals would be numbers 5 and 6 in the game. What I mean is he scored a lot of goals when it didn't really matter. How many did he get that mattered??

He was/is gifted but his attitude stunk.

33 game winning goals.

15 short handed goals.

74 power play goals.

51 playoff games 14 goals 21 assists.

And the rest were not all empty net goals. His bad attitude is a myth. I will point out he could have easily went for the big bucks and been gone from Buffalo much sooner. The "attitude" issue came about because of talk about Chris Drury not liking Satan. And what happened in the end? I'll say it it again. Drury gave a big F U to the Sabres and took the money. Chris Drury opinion on any player means crap.

As much as I can't stand how our PA (not the poster) guy says names like Jochen Hecht, I am soooooooo happy that we don't have one that does a call-and-response "WOOOOOOOOOO" after he finishes. I always hated hearing that in Boston, but I just heard that same thing in Vancouver, too. So annoying.

As much as I can't stand how our PA (not the poster) guy says names like Jochen Hecht, I am soooooooo happy that we don't have one that does a call-and-response "WOOOOOOOOOO" after he finishes. I always hated hearing that in Boston, but I just heard that same thing in Vancouver, too. So annoying.

Is it the announcer or Ric Flair?

Canucks just fell to what I feel is a better team in the hawks to go down 2 games to 1 in their series.The nucks got caught up in playing the hawks game instead of sticking to their game.Lots of cheap shots and mix ups after the whistle.Getting in Luongos face and stuff.I love it.The nucks should stick to playing hockey rather than whinin to the refs.It seems its o.k. for D Sedin to spray snow at the hawks goaler but when anyone does it to boo-ongo they run to the refs.Go figure.

It's a tape of Flair. It makes sense for the Hurricanes, but no one else.

Wait, you're telling me that three NHL teams actually play a taped clip from a professional wrestler after every goal announcement? Seriously? I'm embarrassed for their fans.

Canucks just fell to what I feel is a better team in the hawks to go down 2 games to 1 in their series.The nucks got caught up in playing the hawks game instead of sticking to their game.Lots of cheap shots and mix ups after the whistle.Getting in Luongos face and stuff.I love it.The nucks should stick to playing hockey rather than whinin to the refs.It seems its o.k. for D Sedin to spray snow at the hawks goaler but when anyone does it to boo-ongo they run to the refs.Go figure.

I'm not one to normally complain about the officiating as I believe it all evens out in the long run, but the last goal by Dustin B.(I won't even attempt to spell his last name), was a clear case of goalie interference as Luongo was shoved right back into his net.

Can anyone else see the similarities between this year's Bruins team and the 2005 Sabres team? First round semi-upset, second round: up 3-0 on a favored team, injuries mounting, players seem hungry to win, high level goaltending, timely scoring. It just seems a bit familiar to me.

There were 4 players(2 nucks,2 hawks) in the crease on Dustin B 's goal and it was actually a canuck who kicked it into his own net.I just watched tsn's Angle of the play.The nucks were outplayed in all the rough areas of the game and had no response.Officiating went both ways last night.The nucks got numerous breaks from the refs for questionable dirt during and after the play.They simply could'nt cash in on their chances in the first against a better goalie.

Wait, you're telling me that three NHL teams actually play a taped clip from a professional wrestler after every goal announcement? Seriously? I'm embarrassed for their fans.

I don't know if anyone other than Boston uses it. I just mentioned Carolina because that's where Flair is from.

33 game winning goals.

15 short handed goals.

74 power play goals.

51 playoff games 14 goals 21 assists.

And the rest were not all empty net goals. His bad attitude is a myth. I will point out he could have easily went for the big bucks and been gone from Buffalo much sooner. The "attitude" issue came about because of talk about Chris Drury not liking Satan. And what happened in the end? I'll say it it again. Drury gave a big F U to the Sabres and took the money. Chris Drury opinion on any player means crap.

John Murphy was talking over Bruins highlights when Miro scored and he said, "That's Miro Satan! That's Miro Satan!" quite sarcastically. I don't get it. I think with some media types it just becomes sort of a running joke, the conventional wisdom, the easy opinion to have. Sullivan waits a week after the regular season, sticks his finger in the air and writes the Connolly Column. How original.

I'm not one to normally complain about the officiating as I believe it all evens out in the long run, but the last goal by Dustin B.(I won't even attempt to spell his last name), was a clear case of goalie interference as Luongo was shoved right back into his net.

That has to be called. Two Hawks skated in without being pushed. You can't push a goalie into his net and allow a goal. Don't care who's playing, that was awful. Of course, that one didn't matter, but they are getting away with a lot in the crease. The Canucks have to do the same, but I bet they get called for it more.

The Sedins need to play their game, not the pesky Hawks' game.

What gets me is the refs call the meaningless one handed hook for a millisecond, but they don't call crease crashing. One call has no effect on the game, the other does.

Archived