NHL 2ND ROUND PLAYOFF DISCUSSION

LabattBlue

HoHum. Margarita night without the Sabres. :cry: Just won't be the same.

Very nice... Did this one just happen to be a costume party too?

Who is the introvert in the bumble bee costume? :lol:

What remaining team should I cheer for(excuse my warped process of elimination)...

1. I'm not cheering for any division rival. Out goes Boston and Montreal.

2. I'm not cheering for any team that HASN'T won a Cup yet. It is a kick in the balls to every long suffering Buffalo sports fan. Out goes San Jose and Vancouver.

3. F*** Philly. No further explanation needed. Out they go.

4. Chicago has a local punk by the name of Kane and a former whipping boy by the name of Campbell. They are out.

5. That leaves Detroit and Pittsburgh for the second year in a row. I'll go with Detroit.

Satan with another. I am now routing for him to get his name on the Stanley Cup for a second time. A big middle digit to the Sabres organization who showed him zero appreciation for all those years he carried this team offensively and for below market value.

Satan with another. I am now routing for him to get his name on the Stanley Cup for a second time. A big middle digit to the Sabres organization who showed him zero appreciation for all those years he carried this team offensively and for below market value.

He rode with a good team last year; he was not the reason it won. Guy didn't do jack after leaving Buffalo, until he was picked up by Pittsburgh. Didn't he spend a significant amount of time looking for a team?

He may have carried this team offensively once in a while, but he never carried it very far. He's a passenger, not a driver, his good series against Buffalo notwithstanding.

He rode with a good team last year; he was not the reason it won. Guy didn't do jack after leaving Buffalo, until he was picked up by Pittsburgh. Didn't he spend a significant amount of time looking for a team?

He may have carried this team offensively once in a while, but he never carried it very far. He's a passenger, not a driver, his good series against Buffalo notwithstanding.

I don't care what he did before or after being a Sabre. As a Sabre he was all they had for along time. I'm not saying he is a Hall of Famer. I just saying give the man his due. He scored a lot of goals as a Sabre, not empty net, and he did so with centers that were, to say the least, of not the highest quality offensively speaking.

I don't care what he did before or after being a Sabre. As a Sabre he was all they had for along time. I'm not saying he is a Hall of Famer. I just saying give the man his due. He scored a lot of goals as a Sabre, not empty net, and he did so with centers that were, to say the least, of not the highest quality offensively speaking.

He was a decent goal-scorer; he was no Perreault/Gare/Martin/Mogilny. He had an attitude problem, and never played at the defensive end of the rink, which is something that I would think would bother you. I think you're romanticizing your memory of him a bit. Satan was a floater. Vanek plays a better two-way game than Satan ever did, and already has twice as many 40-goal seasons in Buffalo as Satan had. Actually, in his career.

He was a decent goal-scorer; he was no Perreault/Gare/Martin/Mogilny. He had an attitude problem, and never played at the defensive end of the rink, which is something that I would think would bother you. I think you're romanticizing your memory of him a bit. Satan was a floater. Vanek plays a better two-way game than Satan ever did, and already has twice as many 40-goal seasons in Buffalo as Satan had. Actually, in his career.

That's just myth, it's not true at all. He had 15 shorthanded goals in 7.5 seasons as a Sabre. And, he did score some empty net goals. Because he was out there protecting a lead. I'm not going to take away from what Vanek has done. He is a legit goal scorer. If there is a difference. Vanek has 172 goals with 75 on the power play (43.6%). Satan? 214 goals with 74 on power play (34.6%). Vanek is putting up numbers that are with a team more talented than the teams Satan played on.

That's just myth, it's not true at all. He had 15 shorthanded goals in 7.5 seasons as a Sabre. And, he did score some empty net goals. Because he was out there protecting a lead. I'm not going to take away from what Vanek has done. He is a legit goal scorer. If there is a difference. Vanek has 172 goals with 75 on the power play (43.6%). Satan? 214 goals with 74 on power play (34.6%). Vanek is putting up numbers that are with a team more talented than the teams Satan played on.

:worthy:

What remaining team should I cheer for(excuse my warped process of elimination)...

1. I'm not cheering for any division rival. Out goes Boston and Montreal.

2. I'm not cheering for any team that HASN'T won a Cup yet. It is a kick in the balls to every long suffering Buffalo sports fan. Out goes San Jose and Vancouver.

3. F*** Philly. No further explanation needed. Out they go.

4. Chicago has a local punk by the name of Kane and a former whipping boy by the name of Campbell. They are out.

5. That leaves Detroit and Pittsburgh for the second year in a row. I'll go with Detroit.

:sick:

I'm with you on the division rivals and Philly.

I'm sick of Detroit (I really wanted Phoenix to win) and Pittsburgh (obvious ###### of Crosby).

If I root for Chicago, it's because they're an original 6 team and they've been bad pretty much since the '92 Finals. I can't root for Hossa or Campbell, though. (cha-ching)

I can root for Vancouver because they're a Canadian team.

I wouldn't mind San Jose...other than they're an expansion team and one in California. I understand not wanting to root for someone who hasn't won a Cup yet (I'm tired of my balls getting kicked, too), but at least San Jose has been good enough over the past few years to justify it.

OK - that's it. The Sharks are my team now. :thumbsup:

In other words, let's all look forward to another Detroit-Pittsburgh final.

There are a lot of comments about Satan's goals when he was a Sabre, but he really did score a lot of goals when games didn't matter. He did get a lot of EN's, he would get 2 goals in a 6-2 loss, he would get 2 goals in a 6-2 win and his goals would be numbers 5 and 6 in the game. What I mean is he scored a lot of goals when it didn't really matter. How many did he get that mattered??

He was/is gifted but his attitude stunk.

Far right.

The only things steel on Ink are his ######.

Would it be inappropriate to say "mmmmmmm spndnchz?"

You are one pretty lady, but you already know this, but it still had to be said. Very nice!

Miro Satan played with a bunch of talented players, like Gilmour, Barnes, Sanderson, Afinogenov, Andreychuk, Dumont, Briere, and Drury. Some of those guys are routinely cited as "difference-makers" that the team doesn't have now.

I really wish this board had been around before 2004 so I could pull up what you would have said then.

There are a lot of comments about Satan's goals when he was a Sabre, but he really did score a lot of goals when games didn't matter. He did get a lot of EN's, he would get 2 goals in a 6-2 loss, he would get 2 goals in a 6-2 win and his goals would be numbers 5 and 6 in the game. What I mean is he scored a lot of goals when it didn't really matter. How many did he get that mattered??

He was/is gifted but his attitude stunk.

I was someone who said all of those things at the time. It wasn't until this season, though, that I realised the importance of someone who could score an empty net goal.

I was someone who said all of those things at the time. It wasn't until this season, though, that I realised the importance of someone who could score an empty net goal.

ENs matter. No question (for the record, I'm not the one who brought that up). But there were a lot of goals in blowout wins and blowout losses, that didn't matter. All that said, hey, he was a decent goal-scorer, but not one of the best the Sabres ever have had. He wasn't a great all-around player. He did have an attitude problem (thanks for the cell-phone gesture, jackass). I don't think he was treated shabbily, and it's ridiculous to lionize him now. By the way, how did the team do the first two seasons without him? Clearly, the decision not to pay him big bucks, and to let him wallow in Long Island, was the right one at the time.

ENs matter. No question (for the record, I'm not the one who brought that up). But there were a lot of goals in blowout wins and blowout losses, that didn't matter. All that said, hey, he was a decent goal-scorer, but not one of the best the Sabres ever have had. He wasn't a great all-around player. He did have an attitude problem (thanks for the cell-phone gesture, jackass). I don't think he was treated shabbily, and it's ridiculous to lionize him now. By the way, how did the team do the first two seasons without him? Clearly, the decision not to pay him big bucks, and to let him wallow in Long Island, was the right one at the time.

The funniest thing about this recent wave of Satan talk is that NO ONE IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE wanted him this year.

Lindy must have thought he was a pretty well-rounded player. A 40-goal scorer who got lots of penalty killing time and lots of ice time with games on the line (hence the shorties). DeLuca already pointed this out, but it doesn't seem to register with some fans.

The celebrations brightened up the experience of watching a Sabres game in those days. I loved them.

I don't really have an opinion of Miro either way. My comment was directed more at the failings of this years team not being able to score empty netters. They could barely even get it out of their own end most games let alone score.

Letting Satan walk was never this teams problem.

The current GM, coach and "core" is.

Satan had a couple of good years, but he had moved on mentally way before the lockout, and who could blame him?

Archived