NHL 2ND ROUND PLAYOFF DISCUSSION

LabattBlue

I was listening to the game on the radio on the way home last night. Astonishing to say the least.

So the question is, was that the most monumental collaspe in NHL history and may in sports history?

We all know how few times it has been done in all of 7-series sports. But still, Boston was up 3-0 in game seven and lost.

In my opinion, this WAS THE BIGGEST FAILURE in sports usurping the Sox coming back on the Yankees...

Not even close! The Bruins are not the storied franchise the Yankees are. Nothing was expected of the Bruins while the Yankees were expected to win the World Series. Not to mention the Yankees choked to their only rival.

[/b]

Not even close! The Bruins are not the storied franchise the Yankees are. Nothing was expected of the Bruins while the Yankees were expected to win the World Series. Not to mention the Yankees choked to their only rival.

Yeah, I'd put that one up on top of the list. I don't know a thing about the other two NHL comebacks, so I can't comment. But anyway, on top of the rivalry stuff you mentioned, that series was also deeper in the playoffs than this one was. Sure, the Bruins were up 3-0 in game 7, but in that ALCS, the Yankees twice had arguably the greatest closer in the history of the game on the mound with a lead and he blew it twice. Then of course there was the 86 year drought. I don't think it's even close.

And just to be a bit self-serving, it's nowhere near on the same scale, but Miami of Ohio's last minute choke against BU last year in the hockey national championship is still my favorite comeback/choke job of all time. :D

[/b]

Storied franchise? Please, of course the Bruins are a storied franchise.. Tell Bobby Orr the Bruins aren't a storied franchise.

I stand by my ascertion. The Bruins had a 3-0 series lead and a 3-0 lead in game 7. 3 goals leads in hockey at home in game 7 should not be surrendered.

I think this collapse was monumental and unprecedented. Besides, it's not like baseball is a real sport. :pirate:

Storied franchise? Please, of course the Bruins are a storied franchise.. Tell Bobby Orr the Bruins aren't a storied franchise.

I stand by my ascertion. The Bruins had a 3-0 series lead and a 3-0 lead in game 7. 3 goals leads in hockey at home in game 7 should not be surrendered.

I think this collapse was monumental and unprecedented. Besides, it's not like baseball is a real sport. :pirate:

carpandean's signature line REALLY comes to mind.

Archived