NHL 2ND ROUND PLAYOFF DISCUSSION

LabattBlue

The more you watch the Pens, the more you see what constitutes a SC roster

1-- A couple of 1st line, finishing forwards

2-- A few 2nd line, on any given night forwards,

3-- A couple nasty D-men

4-- A 2.1-2.3 GAA goalie

5--And a PP that rings up 20% or better with a PK that defends 85% or better.

6 -- A bright young coach whom the players can relate to. It took Bylsma one period to take apart the scheme the Habs employed against Washington. Lindy would grow very, very old trying to figure that out.

Wow, some things don't change. Briere gets beat by a nice move to give up a 2-on-1, then skates calmly back as the Bruins try to take advantage instead of busting his @ss to get back and try to break it up. I wonder if guys like Connolly learned some bad habits from his tenure hear.

Edit: darn it, I missed my 5,000th post. How did that happen?

Wow, some things don't change. Briere gets beat by a nice move to give up a 2-on-1, then skates calmly back as the Bruins try to take advantage instead of busting his @ss to get back and try to break it up. I wonder if guys like Connolly learned some bad habits from his tenure hear.

Edit: darn it, I missed my 5,000th post. How did that happen?

End of shift? Sometimes the tank is just dry. These guys aren't machines.

I know when I used to play -- gym class in 11th grade -- I got that way.

What a nice goal by Briere....miss that kind of play.

Yeah, he's shown why some hate him and why some love him. Great goal, but completely blew defensive zone coverage on a Bruins goal earlier (was standing near the goal line below the circle with nobody around him as his man went over, faked out the goaltender and scored.) Great in the offensive zone, but a mess in his own zone.

So, if OT goes long enough, will they drop it for the Kentucky Derby? Didn't they do that to the Sabres last year?

Yeah, he's shown why some hate him and why some love him. Great goal, but completely blew defensive zone coverage on a Bruins goal earlier (was standing near the goal line below the circle with nobody around him as his man went over, faked out the goaltender and scored.) Great in the offensive zone, but a mess in his own zone.

So, if OT goes long enough, will they drop it for the Kentucky Derby? Didn't they do that to the Sabres last year?

I think it was a Barbaro DOCUMENTARY, three years ago.

As for Briere, you're right. It's easy to love him and hate him in the same 20 minute period. We have our share of guys that are like him in the defensive zone, who also don't have the ability to get the big goal in the offensive zone. If I had to choose, I take my chances with Danny.

Briere's poor play in the defensive zone led to the Bruins game winner. The hardest working player through that shift? Miro Satan.

Briere's poor play in the defensive zone led to the Bruins game winner. The hardest working player through that shift? Miro Satan.

It's not Briere's fault that Boucher didn't freeze the puck. That turnover resulted in the game winner.

Watching the second round of the playoffs I find myself getting angrier and angrier at the Sabres front office. There is no way in ###### this team should be sitting home watching other teams play. I can't believe this front office took a incredible season by Miller and flushd it down the toilet as they did. How did they not secure a quality defenseman (or three) and add to their forwards this trade deadline? Un-friggin-believable. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Cammalleri scores a beautiful goal to all but put the game out of reach, and of course Pittsburgh goons it up; Adams with a dirty, dirty hit on Bergeron. Come on NHL, do something about it for once.

Cammalleri scores a beautiful goal to all but put the game out of reach, and of course Pittsburgh goons it up; Adams with a dirty, dirty hit on Bergeron. Come on NHL, do something about it for once.

Of course I wish the Sabres would have done the same.

I doubt anyone in the NHL's front office is even watching the game. <_<

Yeah, Adams should get at least some kind of suspension for that one.

On a sidenote - Watching this game, I'm now convinced the Sabres didn't lose due to lack of size. Man, Montreal just hustles like crazy.

Lindy needs to have "the core" watch this game repeatedly over the summer.

Yeah, Adams should get at least some kind of suspension for that one.

On a sidenote - Watching this game, I'm now convinced the Sabres didn't lose due to lack of size. Man, Montreal just hustles like crazy.

Lindy needs to have "the core" watch this game repeatedly over the summer.

Or maybe Regier cam perform a Corectemy this off-season like the Habs did last off-season.

People were so quick to rip apart the Habs for the moves they made. Where are all the posters who did? It seems to be working out pretty well for them.

Or maybe Regier cam perform a Corectemy this off-season like the Habs did last off-season.

People were so quick to rip apart the Habs for the moves they made. Where are all the posters who did? It seems to be working out pretty well for them.

No, that would require him to work, and why would he when it's so much easier to whine about how the market just didn't quite fall the way he expected it to?

Watching a game like this one only makes me realize how many passengers this team has :death:

Watching the second round of the playoffs I find myself getting angrier and angrier at the Sabres front office. There is no way in ###### this team should be sitting home watching other teams play. I can't believe this front office took a incredible season by Miller and flushd it down the toilet as they did. How did they not secure a quality defenseman (or three) and add to their forwards this trade deadline? Un-friggin-believable. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

How did ya like Darcy's crocodile tears at the presser? Funny. Darce, if you're that broken up about the inability -- for, what, the 12th straight season -- to deliver a Cup to your precious community, quit. Give someone else a chance to deliver for Buffalo. Same goes for Lindy and Larry. Darcy hinted at it by saying the one thing that knocks you out of the hockey business is the disappointment of losing.

How did ya like Darcy's crocodile tears at the presser? Funny. Darce, if you're that broken up about the inability -- for, what, the 12th straight season -- to deliver a Cup to your precious community, quit. Give someone else a chance to deliver for Buffalo. Same goes for Lindy and Larry. Darcy hinted at it by saying the one thing that knocks you out of the hockey business is the disappointment of losing.

It seemed staged. You had the Sabres newest Rensfield Paul Hamilon trying to sell it but I ain't buying. The Sabres are just buying time until the new jerseys are out and many fans forget this team has problems.

Archived