NHL 2ND ROUND PLAYOFF DISCUSSION

LabattBlue

You're probably right Rickshaw,I am a bit hard on the Canucks.I guess I'm tired of their fans whining about every call and the conspiracy talk is getting pathetic.I really don't mind the team but the supposedly intelligent fans turn me off.If they would only watch the game 'objectively' and base their opinions on fact rather than emotionally charged drivel it would be bearable.Go Nucks!

You're probably right Rickshaw,I am a bit hard on the Canucks.I guess I'm tired of their fans whining about every call and the conspiracy talk is getting pathetic.I really don't mind the team but the supposedly intelligent fans turn me off.If they would only watch the game 'objectively' and base their opinions on fact rather than emotionally charged drivel it would be bearable.Go Nucks!

You are talking about the Sabres here, correct?

Suspicious? No, Poor editing? Yes.

I hope Philly/Boston goes 7 as well.

I don't know. Seems awfully coincidental. It's too neat; it's all wrapped up too tightly. I want an investigation.

I wish they would would use him more like the way Montreal(and then Ottawa) used Kovalev on the PP. As good as Vanek is at the trip drill, the thought of him standing in the way of a slapshot from Myers, getting injured again isn't that appealing to me.

Taking crosschecks to the lower part of your back for 6 minutes every game doesn't exactly prolong your career either.

I agree, I think Vanek can be much more than the $7 mill. Dave Andreychuk clone Lindy wants him to be.

Just another clue that Lindy's the one responsible for the piss-poor power play.

Taking crosschecks to the lower part of your back for 6 minutes every game doesn't exactly prolong your career either.

I agree, I think Vanek can be much more than the $7 mill. Dave Andreychuk clone Lindy wants him to be.

Just another clue that Lindy's the one responsible for the piss-poor power play.

Great line.

Poor Vancouver. Will they ever ascend beyond the 2nd round? I would hate to be a fan of theirs. Every year you hold the burden of the prior post season.

I was really pulling for them too, especially considering who was remaining in round 2. Damn Chicago, i cant stand them. Are they really elite? I dont think they are.

I'm still trying to figure out what everyone sees in Luongo. Every time I watch him he get's lit up for four or five goals (except, of course, when he plays the Sabres). He leaves Emery-like rebounds.

I almost forgot, don't you think it's interesting that Ruff and crew are saying the same thing about Torres' fitness that we heard about Bernier's fitness. He looked pretty fit last night. I don't think I saw a single Sabre skate as hard as he did last night. Note to Lindy - Bigger guys usually aren't as fit as guys that are 5'10". How about trying to figure out a way to use them better?

Poor Vancouver. Will they ever ascend beyond the 2nd round? I would hate to be a fan of theirs. Every year you hold the burden of the prior post season.

I was really pulling for them too, especially considering who was remaining in round 2. Damn Chicago, i cant stand them. Are they really elite? I dont think they are.

Only getting beyond the 2nd round 2 times in 40 years is pretty bad for the Canucks, but looking at the Sabres record and realizing they have reached the 3rd round of the playoffs only 6 times in 40 years, is not much better.

Only getting beyond the 2nd round twice in 40 years is pretty bad for the Canucks, but looking at the Sabres record and realizing they have reached the 3rd round of the playoffs only 6 times in 40 years, is not much better.

Times making the third round since 1970

Canadiens: 11

Flyers: 11

Islanders: 9 (since 1972)

Bruins: 9

Devils: 6 (since 1982)

Sabres: 6

Rangers: 6

Penguins: 6

Maple Leafs: 5

Hurricanes: 3 (since 1997)

Senators: 2 (since 1992)

Capitals: 2 (since 1974)

Panthers: 1 (since 1993)

Lightning: 1 (since 1992)

Thrashers: 0 (since 1999)

Times making the third round since 1990

Devils: 5

Flyers: 5

Sabres: 4

Maple Leafs: 3

Rangers: 2

Bruins: 2

Canadiens: 1

Islanders: 1

Capitals: 1

Not too bad in the second half of their existence.

I almost forgot, don't you think it's interesting that Ruff and crew are saying the same thing about Torres' fitness that we heard about Bernier's fitness. He looked pretty fit last night. I don't think I saw a single Sabre skate as hard as he did last night. Note to Lindy - Bigger guys usually aren't as fit as guys that are 5'10". How about trying to figure out a way to use them better?

Maybe he woke up in Vancouver. Bernier had that reputation coming out of San Jose, so it wasn't exactly a new complaint during his time in Buffalo. With him, I can't shake the feeling that the team really didn't want him all that much, but he was the best offer they could get in any Campbell deal.

I guess not as bad as it looked.

You should work for LQ.

You just hate the fact that it's not that bleak, don't you?

Why do you have to get me stirred up? I'm finally decompressing from the season. Doc says now that my BP is down, my AAA is unlikely to rupture.

But the Pens and Devils have won 3 Cups each since 1990.

Stamped with, WHAT SHE SAID, YO!

"Making the third round" is a fairly useless description, and I'm surprised the normally precise carp would go there.

How about "Losing in the third round"?

Anyway, "making the third round" or "making the fourth round" is not what LQ vowed to do for Buffalo. What brings Darce to tears. What keeps Lindy coming back. I really wish LQ hadn't said it so many times, but he has and I'm holding his feet to the fire, even though I know it's BS, the contradiction therein the reason I am miserable.

Anyone who takes solace in those numbers, or pride, is a loser. And I know LQ would cite those numbers in a millisecond, hence my comment about carp working for him. The organization always has numbers like those handy after getting eliminated. Darcy did at the presser. LQ mentioned the overall winning percentage since the lockout being near the top of the league.

An organization whose stated goal is to win a Cup should never fall back to that position.

No, the record is not bleak. But the fact that the powers that be are so very comfortable with the success of the franchise makes the situation extremely bleak vis a vis the ultimate goal, IMHO.

OK, now my belly hurts. And it's spreading around to the back. Thanks Eleven.

Stamped with, WHAT SHE SAID, YO!

"Making the third round" is a fairly useless description, and I'm surprised the normally precise carp would go there.

How about "Losing in the third round"?

Anyway, "making the third round" or "making the fourth round" is not what LQ vowed to do for Buffalo. What brings Darce to tears. What keeps Lindy coming back. I really wish LQ hadn't said it so many times, but he has and I'm holding his feet to the fire, even though I know it's BS, the contradiction therein the reason I am miserable.

Anyone who takes solace in those numbers, or pride, is a loser. And I know LQ would cite those numbers in a millisecond, hence my comment about carp working for him. The organization always has numbers like those handy after getting eliminated. Darcy did at the presser. LQ mentioned the overall winning percentage since the lockout being near the top of the league.

An organization whose stated goal is to win a Cup should never fall back to that position.

No, the record is not bleak. But the fact that the powers that be are so very comfortable with the success of the franchise makes the situation extremely bleak vis a vis the ultimate goal, IMHO.

OK, now my belly hurts. And it's spreading around to the back. Thanks Eleven.

Hey, how did you make that text red?

Archived