NHL 2ND ROUND PLAYOFF DISCUSSION

LabattBlue

1-2-3-5 in the west

4-6-7-8 in the east

One of each seed advanced. It reminds me a lot of 2006 when it was 1-2-3-4 in the east and 5-6-7-8 in the west. So does that mean Montreal makes a run this year? Not likely, but I'd say just about anything's possible in the east right now.

I really was hoping to see the Caps move on. It's a good fan base (though they didn't show up until they started winning) and they *were* fun to watch. Plus it would be someone other than Pittsburgh as the favorite.

I like the West matchups - I'm pulling for San Jose to eliminate another yearly attendant in Detroit.

I really was hoping to see the Caps move on. It's a good fan base (though they didn't show up until they started winning) and they *were* fun to watch. Plus it would be someone other than Pittsburgh as the favorite.

I like the West matchups - I'm pulling for San Jose to eliminate another yearly attendant in Detroit.

Yeah, turns out I really hate all the remaining teams in the East, and I really like all the teams remaining in the West. Pulling for San Jose as well.

Pittsburgh's got to be the favorite in the East by far now, but of course anything can happen! West is anybody's conference now, should be exciting.

The second round is perhaps my favorite - still a ton of hockey, but we don't have to miss any games (watching live at least).

2nd round discussions? Not much to discuss in the entire Eastern Conference.

The Western Conference however has some EPIC match ups. :worthy:

Seriously? Boston and Philly have not met in the playoffs since 1978 - I'd say grab a brew, sit back and watch them try to annihilate each other!:beer:

The more you watch the Pens, the more you see what constitutes a SC roster

1-- A couple of 1st line, finishing forwards

2-- A few 2nd line, on any given night forwards,

3-- A couple nasty D-men

4-- A 2.1-2.3 GAA goalie

5--And a PP that rings up 20% or better with a PK that defends 85% or better.

The more you watch the Pens, the more you see what constitutes a SC roster

1-- A couple of 1st line, finishing forwards

2-- A few 2nd line, on any given night forwards,

3-- A couple nasty D-men

4-- A 2.1-2.3 GAA goalie

5--And a PP that rings up 20% or better with a PK that defends 85% or better.

post-1053-12727250137778_thumb.gif

OK, so the scariest [team] imaginable. That's all you gotta say; scariest [team] imaginable.

Archived