Round 1: Sabres vs. Bruins

Assquatch

I like the fact that they start on Thursday - one extra day for the walking wounded, not to mention the fact that they ended the season with 4 games in 6 nights.

Get some rest boys. Let's see, Connolly and Hecht are still out. Key components if you ask me. Didn't Hecht have finger surgery? Connolly hasn't even started skating yet, right - broken bone in his foot maybe? Kaleta and Vanek are back and that's great, but we need a full deck of cards to stay in the game. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

To me, this is going to be a close series if the games play out like the previous ones this year. Boston beat us twice when we played our backups (Lalime and Enroth), and both of their other wins came in OT, with one in a shootout.

The goalie numbers are phenomenal for this series this season:

Rask is 4-1-0 against Buffalo with a 0.954 SV% and a 1.43 GAA.

Miller is 2-0-2 against Boston with a 0.947 SV% and a 1.71 GAA.

Wow.

I think its going to be pretty close, but i dont think were going to be holding our breath. 6 games seems fitting. Miller is going to play like a man possesed. Vanek is hot. The PP is the only thing that really worrys me. That and the physical game. But i think with Goose, Mair, Kaleta, Ellis, Grier, Lydman, Rivet, Montador, Myers, & Butler, we can match it. We have to.

I took the liberty of taking down all my old memorys within my avatar, and sig. Its time for new memories!

saturday at 1?! woooo primetime baby...time to get absolutely hammered, watch the sabres win, and then go to our Springfest concert at UB! oh whatta day it is shaping up to be

I'll probably do some tailgating also, but I'd hardly consider 1pm "primetime". Probably an NBC game, if that's what you meant..

I like the fact that they start on Thursday - one extra day for the walking wounded, not to mention the fact that they ended the season with 4 games in 6 nights.

Get some rest boys. Let's see, Connolly and Hecht are still out. Key components if you ask me. Didn't Hecht have finger surgery? Connolly hasn't even started skating yet, right - broken bone in his foot maybe? Kaleta and Vanek are back and that's great, but we need a full deck of cards to stay in the game. Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

Kaleta had the finger (thumb) surgery.

Capitals - Canadiens

series tied 2-2

Devils - Flyers

series Flyers 5-1

Sabres - Bruins

series Bruins 4-2

Penguins - Senators

series tied 2-2

Sabres in 5 ######!

I think the only 2 regulation wins that the Bruins have over us is with Enroth and Lalime in net.

Edit: Someone already said this.

The regular season series means very little between these two. We have experience in the playoffs. We have the best goaltender in the NHL. All we need to do is come together. Do the little things that win hockey games. Size doesn't matter. It's now all about heart. The Bruins do not scare me. No team scares me.

WHY NOT US THIS YEAR? For who is to speak of future events to say why not us?

Sabre Nation is called on once again, and I for one will answer the call. I only wish I could be in the building when the puck is dropped and the battle begins. But I will be there, oh yes, I will be there through all of you who get to go. I shall be watching on my 32" Vizio Hi-Def TV and screaming every bit as loud as I can.

Because this is the playoffs my friends, this is the culmination of everything we have been through over the last 7 months.

Current beard gets shaved Wednesday Morning. After that, a Razor will not touch this skin until the cup rests firmly city hall.

The number currently stands at 16.

There is no reason to believe that this won't go the full 7. Rask has owned the Sabres. Still think that Sabres caught a break in avoiding Montreal and Ottawa. This is why you want home ice...

Even NHL.com can't get their facts straight:

"Plus, Boston has traditionally fared well against Buffalo in the postseason. The Sabres won the 1999 Eastern Conference semis, but has lost the other five series between the two teams."

1. No more Kathy Bates? Cool.

2. The poster is a student. Thus the reference to Springfest. College students get f'd up. (Even chz has her Friday margarita nights.) It's ok.

3. Hope the poster doesn't get too f'd up before the game, because it could be a good one.

4. My current plan (trying to execute, but too many friends don't know which game is theirs as opposed to their ex-wife, ticket-partner, whatever) is brunch (with cocktails, but in moderation and with food) followed by game, followed by a decent dinner with friends. Hope it comes to pass.

5. Take the lemon out of your mouth.

Hey have you considered the ignore feature? Stop bitching about my bitching.

Sorry. No real Sabre fan, young or old, is going to get drunk before or during a Sabre playoff game.

I don't recall hearing anything about Hecht having surgery or that it was even an injury to his finger.

There is no reason to believe that this won't go the full 7. Rask has owned the Sabres. Still think that Sabres caught a break in avoiding Montreal and Ottawa. This is why you want home ice...

This is what worries me. If Rask is hot, there could be a lot of "not scoring" going on. He'd be the reason the Bruins pull off the upset.

I don't recall hearing anything about Hecht having surgery or that it was even an injury to his finger.

Exactly what I was thinking. I have not heard a peep about Hecht and that is what really concerns me because he was playing his best hockey in 2 years right before the "injury"

Hey have you considered the ignore feature? Stop bitching about my bitching.

Sorry. No real Sabre fan, young or old, is going to get drunk before or during a Sabre playoff game.

Give me a break. Who are you to decide. I've been a sabres fan my whole life and the playoffs are a perfect time to have a beer or two while watching the game....

Give me a break. Who are you to decide. I've been a sabres fan my whole life and the playoffs are a perfect time to have a beer or two while watching the game....

I don't think PA was talking about a beer or two. But I'll say this: if he's right, then I've seen a LOT of fake Sabres fans at playoff games, both at the Arena and at area establishments.

Who said anything about a beer or two? The poster said he/she was going to get "hammered" before the game.

Archived