Round 1: Sabres vs. Bruins

Assquatch

Series thoughts...

- I lost all my playoff enthusiasm when the Sabres blew the 2-0 lead in Game 2.

- Gaustad, Connolly and Roy all should be told to find their own way back to Buffalo. They sucked the entire series.

- In the end, special teams were AWFUL when they were needed the most.

- I don't want to hear any crying about injuries. Boston was without Savard and he is head and shoulders above any forward the Sabres have.

- I tried to tell everyone to set the bar low.

- What happened to "the system"?

FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do feel for Boston fans, if only for this: Anyone hear the dude that mangles the American national anthem there? Wow. I mean, WOW, that's bad. And they have to listen to it at least twice more. I don't care if that dude is some sort of good-luck talisman (in which case, he has failed since I was a two-year-old), he can't sing for sh*t. It's a notoriously difficult song to sing, with all of the range, but if you can't do it, don't get on the rink and embarrass yourself!

I do feel for Boston fans, if only for this: Anyone hear the dude that mangles the American national anthem there? Wow. I mean, WOW, that's bad. And they have to listen to it at least twice more. I don't care if that dude is some sort of good-luck talisman (in which case, he has failed since I was a two-year-old), he can't sing for sh*t. It's a notoriously difficult song to sing, with all of the range, but if you can't do it, don't get on the rink and embarrass yourself!

They love him though. It's one of life's big mysteries.

I think he sang before Game 7 in 1983! Speaking of that, Channel 2 hauled out the video of Park's goal, which remains so so bizarre after all these years.

I think he sang before Game 7 in 1983! Speaking of that, Channel 2 hauled out the video of Park's goal, which remains so so bizarre after all these years.

Did Channel 2 really have to show Brad Park's goal? Geez.

They should be stuck with Ingrid Smolinska's skreechy voice.

Archived