Round 1: Sabres vs. Bruins

Assquatch

Just noticed that Craig Ramsay, Doug Houda, and Bob Essensa all are Boston assistant coaches. Ramsay spent last night at Buffalo General. Hope he gets well.

Just the flu. I think he almost died some years ago -- was it cancer?

Edit: This isn't the crisis I was thinking of, but five years ago he had prostate cancer. http://lightning.nhl.com/club/mobilenews.htm?id=483745

I'm going to call it right now. The slogan of this playoff run needs to be "2 Tylers, 1 Cup".

You're too late. Other boards have been using that slogan for a few months now. One even modified it to "3 Tylers, 1 Cup" after the Versus/Tim "Tyler" Kennedy debacle a few weeks ago. I enjoyed that one.

You're too late. Other boards have been using that slogan for a few months now. One even modified it to "3 Tylers, 1 Cup" after the Versus/Tim "Tyler" Kennedy debacle a few weeks ago. I enjoyed that one.

Well how about after next season "2 Tylers, 1 Calder"?

Question on the game Saturday...if it goes to overtime, will NBC be moving the game to another channel? They have golf scheduled for after the game and we all know that they won't cut into that exciting sport. If I'm recording the game, I don't want overtime to consist of 3 foot par putts.

Question on the game Saturday...if it goes to overtime, will NBC be moving the game to another channel? They have golf scheduled for after the game and we all know that they won't cut into that exciting sport. If I'm recording the game, I don't want overtime to consist of 3 foot par putts.

A query to the NHL resulted in them telling me that NBC will extend coverage if the game goes into OT. Hmmm, good if true, but I'm not convinced.

Maybe I should have put this in the other thread...

Well, here we are -- first blown 3rd period lead of the season, a potential long-term injury to the leading goal-scorer, and all the momentum in Boston's corner. Still, the series is only tied and it's not as if the Bruins blew the Sabres out of the arena. I felt the play was much more even except for the first part of the 3rd period, when Buffalo looked terrible. Miller didn't let in any "softies" either, although I agree he may have been a bit too aggressive on the 4-on-2 that resulted in the game-tying goal.

Every series is tied at one, so Buffalo isn't the only "favorite" doing some soul-searching. Win one of two in Beantown and we'll all be feeling a lot better. I don't think anyone really expected this series to end in fewer than 6 games.

Well, here we are -- first blown 3rd period lead of the season, a potential long-term injury to the leading goal-scorer, and all the momentum in Boston's corner. Still, the series is only tied and it's not as if the Bruins blew the Sabres out of the arena. I felt the play was much more even except for the first part of the 3rd period, when Buffalo looked terrible. Miller didn't let in any "softies" either, although I agree he may have been a bit too aggressive on the 4-on-2 that resulted in the game-tying goal.

Every series is tied at one, so Buffalo isn't the only "favorite" doing some soul-searching. Win one of two in Beantown and we'll all be feeling a lot better. I don't think anyone really expected this series to end in fewer than 6 games.

I thought the same thing until I realized the Predators-Blackhawks have only played 1 game. If things go the way they should, that series should be 1-1 after today. Still...amazing, isn't it? Wouldn't the NHL love it if every QF series went 7 games?

My biggest problem with the first two games is the Sabres NOT getting the puck out of their own zone. Boston's 4th goal was the result of a bad, lazy pass that didn't clear. This happened a LOT during the first two games. Fix that and I think we're looking at a 2-0 going into Boston.

Sabres haven't been able to effectively clear the zone for their entire existence. I hate when they get hemmed in; you can just feel the wheels coming off when it's happening. Dammit!

lol. Maybe you've stumbled on their 40th anniversary slogan.

Still Not Out! Four Decades of Driving Fans Crazy

Some random thoughts :

Watching the other series the same thought comes to mind during each game. I honestly don't think the Sabres could beat either team in a seven game series.

The Yotes lose their Captain Doan when the game is tied. Did they wither and die like the Sabres did when Vanek got hurt? No f'n way. They went out and beat a really good Detroit team.

What the ###### happened to Chris Butler?

Where is Mike Weber?

When will the Sabres "best players" play like the Sabres "best players?"

Didn't Stu Barnes go scoreless during the regular season when the Sabres acquired him, then he tore it up late in the playoffs? Hey Torres! You reading this?

In that second game it was frustrating watching them get it within 10 feet of the blueline and simply hand it over to the bruins.Chip the damn puck out.

Lindy better show them the tape of this over and over and over and over and over and over. Or as Herb Brooks said..."Again." "Again." "Again."

These guys have been horrid in their own zone. It was fine in Game 1 when it was bend-not-break and Miller was there to save them, but Game 2 should teach them they can't get away with it.

The other thought I had (Ed Olczyk touched on this after Boston's 3rd goal) - Miller gets extremely aggressive sometimes and it assisted the goal on the 4x2 break. It's one thing to challenge the shooter, but when he's so far out of the crease like that and there's that much traffic, it gives the shooter a chance to pass it to a teammate who has a wide open net. Yes, your defense needs to cover those guys and prevent such a pass, but the whole thing scares the bejeezus out of me.

I can't imagine the Sabres playing a seven game series against a team like philly with their size and plain nastyness right now.I do believe with the makeup of this team they would wilt very quickly.

Well yeah. It's why the Sabres will have to continue selling hope during the offseason. "We drafted well the last two years to change the makeup of the team so we can compete in the new game in a couple of years. We need time for those players to develop." It was always going to be Regier's out this season, and it got a lot easier when they made the playoffs.

Lindy did it again! In his presser he mentioned two offensive players being out and others not in their best shape and said "We're going to struggle to score goals." Reminds me of his comments early in the Rangers series when he said the Sabres weren't going to score much on Lundqvist.

Way to really plant a negative idea in your team's head. Smart, very smart.

Nothing more than excuse-making if you ask me. Let the record show that Lindy is the first one in the organization to blame the first-round defeat on injuries.

Archived