Trade Target Watch

Calvin

I think any backlash that you or any other new poster may see (ie the "bull in a china shop" point) relates more to the degree of respectfulness and civility in the tone of the new person's posts than to the fact that the new person disagrees with someone with a higher post count.

Thank you, but who am I to say. :wallbash:

That's another thing they strongly believe in, a big post count means that they aren't required to be civil.

They insist on it from others, but they don't feel an obligation to that standard on their own part.

Just be cool and respectful and I'm very confident you will get the same coming back. No point in going down the "but he started it" path. The substance of your posts is very good hockey talk, which is always appreciated here.

One other thing and its a standing offer... Feel free any day to contact SDS to request that you take my place as a mod.

If not, quit your bitching about how the board is moderated. <_<

Wasn't bitching about the moderating. I was bitching about how "newbies" often get treated. Like the new kid in the 'hood who has to be bopped on the nose.

I think the board is moderated very nicely... except for the asinine language filter, which I'm sure will filter out "asinine."

Wasn't bitching about the moderating. I was bitching about how "newbies" often get treated. Like the new kid in the 'hood who has to be bopped on the nose.

I think the board is moderated very nicely... except for the asinine language filter, which I'm sure will filter out "asinine."

Jealous? If it makes you feel any better, I hate you too.

Holy crap, it didn't filter asinine!

Edit: or "crap" either! Maybe its disabled.

He's talking about Ennis' lack of size.

For every one 5'9" 170 lbs waif that has made it in the NHL, I can show you 500 that didn't. It takes extra-ordinary talent level to overcome a lack of size. Ask Nathan Gerbe about that.

And Gerbe will never make it to a full time slot in the NHL.

He's talking about Ennis' lack of size.

For every one 5'9" 170 lbs waif that has made it in the NHL, I can show you 500 that didn't. It takes extra-ordinary talent level to overcome a lack of size. Ask Nathan Gerbe about that.

I guess you are saying Derek Roy has "takes extra-ordinary talent level"

You might want to do a little homework on this.....

Gerbe is not 5' 9".

And he's not out of hockey either.

Saying that smaller players don't make the NHL because Gerbe hasn't made the Sabres roster is like saying big players don't make it in the NHL because there has never been a 7 foot player.

For every 5' 9" player that didn't make the NHL I'll show you that a not a single 7 foot player ever made an NHL roster.

Ask any NHL GM if they ever signed a 7 foot player.

Gerbe is not 5' 9".

Saying that smaller players don't make the NHL because Gerbe hasn't made the Sabres roster is like saying big players don't make it in the NHL because there has never been a 7 foot player.

For every 5' 9" player that didn't make the NHL I'll show you that a not a single 7 foot player ever made an NHL roster.

Here's one! My link

That's another thing they strongly believe in, a big post count means that they aren't required to be civil.

They insist on it from others, but they don't feel an obligation to that standard on their own part.

Don't know if you been lurking for a while or just came across the Space... Post count more than join date gives others an idea of your style. After a while some of us can tell when others are just ranting and not needing a response, ranting and looking for feedback or just outright pissed at someone.

You seem to have a good hockey sense, just don't take someone disagreeing with you personally and get all defensive. Personally I need to see more from you to get an opinion if your just a The Brain lookalike or a blockedpost survivor.

Gerbe is not 5' 9".

He's just using Gerbe as an example. I think you're reading too much into that one.

Gerbe is not 5' 9".

You have serious reading comprehension problem. Derek Roy does have seroius talent. I'm not his biggest fan but the dude can dangle. I'm saying gerbe hasn't made the NHL because he doesn't have the minimal size required, or enough ability to overcome that, like Roy. Will Ennis make it, I hope so, he's shown promise. You seem to think inserting him in the lineup make the sabres instantly better. I beg to differ. Would I like to see him over matt ellis? Only if he's not centering Mair and Gaustad. This team had a ton of flaws, primarily starting with Vanek.

Don't know if you been lurking for a while or just came across the Space... Post count more than join date gives others an idea of your style. After a while some of us can tell when others are just ranting and not needing a response, ranting and looking for feedback or just outright pissed at someone.

You seem to have a good hockey sense, just don't take someone disagreeing with you personally and get all defensive. Personally I need to see more from you to get an opinion if your just a The Brain lookalike or a blockedpost survivor.

I need to see more of you in order to give a you an evaluation of what you are as a poster and what you knolwedge is.

You have serious reading comprehension problem. Derek Roy does have seroius talent. I'm not his biggest fan but the dude can dangle. I'm saying gerbe hasn't made the NHL because he doesn't have the minimal size required, or enough ability to overcome that, like Roy. Will Ennis make it, I hope so, he's shown promise. You seem to think inserting him in the lineup make the sabres instantly better. I beg to differ. Would I like to see him over matt ellis? Only if he's not centering Mair and Gaustad. This team had a ton of flaws, primarily starting with Vanek.

You don't really seem to have the ability to undrstand what you read or to express your opinion in a cogent fashion.

But that's ok I'll help you.

As far as Gerbe goes YOU inserted him into the discussion making some confused tie-in to 5' 9' players.

That would be YOU in case you missed that.

Gerbe is a 5th round draft choice by the way.

He's still in their system, which is more than can be said for most of the players drafted in the 5th round of 2005.

In fact why don't you name for us some players over 6 foot drafted in that same year and round that have done anything in the NHL.

As far as Ennis goes you're correct I do think he'd make them instantly better.

You don't really seem to have the ability to undrstand what you read or to express your opinion in a cogent fashion.

As far as Gerbe goes YOU inserted him into the discussion making some confused tie-in to 5' 9' players.

Gerbe is a 5th round draft choice by the way.

He's still in their system, which is more than can be said for most of the players drafted in the 5th round of 2005.

In fact why don't you name for us some players over 6 foot drafted in that same year and round that have done anything in the NHL.

Oh boy, here we go again!

Rather than realize we were having a discussion about vertically impaired hockey players, you choose to harp on semantics?

FWIW, I know Gerbe is closer to 5'4" than 5'9".

I wonder if Miller's play in these Olympics is good enough to sway a top soon to be FA, who wants to compete for a cup, into coming to the Sabres. I sure hope so.

I wonder if Miller's play in these Olympics is good enough to sway Darcy to trade for a top soon to be FA, who wants to compete for a cup. I sure hope so.

Archived