Trade Target Watch

Calvin

My head knows that this could just be posturing, just a smokescreen, but my gut reaction is...WTF?!? Where is his sense of urgency?

I understand the :blink: feeling. But come on everyone, this has been Darcy's MO since he has been with this team.

How many times have we all heard the excuses, the reasoning, the utter bulls**t spewed forth from Darcy's mouth like a sewer line break in the middle of the Delaware and Sheridan intersection.

I hope and pray he does something, but he seems to be paralyzed by fear or just incompetent. So much talent has already been snatched up by our conference opponents. This is turning out to be a travisty, and it I wonder what Miller must think as he watches whats been in front of him for 3 seasons without nary a change. If I was Miller, and no moves are made to compete this season, I'd seriously start thinking TRADE ME PLEASE. I wouldn't want to stay with a team that has stagnation in its management team.

I understand the :blink: feeling. But come on everyone, this has been Darcy's MO since he has been with this team.

How many times have we all heard the excuses, the reasoning, the utter bulls**t spewed forth from Darcy's mouth like a sewer line break in the middle of the Delaware and Sheridan intersection.

I hope and pray he does something, but he seems to be paralyzed by fear or just incompetent. So much talent has already been snatched up by our conference opponents. This is turning out to be a travisty, and it I wonder what Miller must think as he watches whats been in front of him for 3 seasons without nary a change. If I was Miller, and no moves are made to compete this season, I'd seriously start thinking TRADE ME PLEASE. I wouldn't want to stay with a team that has stagnation in its management team.

I'm not sure I would call this a travesty, but it really could turn out to be quite a shame if something doesn't get done before 3pm tomorrow. If we aren't sitting pretty with an adjusted roster, then we might as well write off the rest of the season unless a miracle happens and this team figures out how to actually play hockey on a higher level.

I know, and it's frustrating as heck. When he makes trades he has shown he can pull off some good ones (Gratton for Briere; the Drury deal [not a deadline deal, but still a good one] and the coup de grace, ripping off Chicago with Michal Grosek) but he seems hellbent on riding this team of underachievers right into unemployment.

Interesting piece from last year's deadline. Sound familiar?

http://www.buffalonews.com/2009/03/04/596685/sabres-regier-relishes-trade-time.html

Whatever moves Regier makes are expected to benefit the Sabres down the stretch and into next season. Again, the immediate goal is to make the playoffs. But Regier is not a fan of rental players, so any acquisition is expected to have another year or more on his contract.

“If you’re going to spend resources, assets, draft picks, players, prospects, we’re not in a position to look at things on a short-term basis,” Regier said. “Ideally, you want to have something for this stretch and hopefully next year, in the least.”

I'm not sure I would call this a travesty, but it really could turn out to be quite a shame if something doesn't get done before 3pm tomorrow. If we aren't sitting pretty with an adjusted roster, then we might as well write off the rest of the season unless a miracle happens and this team figures out how to actually play hockey on a higher level.

I said this earlier. The Sabres should really think about being sellers. Standing pat or "tweaking" the roster doesn't help this team one bit.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind as much the decisions this GM makes if I thought there was one ounce of accountability in this organization. He does nothing, the Sabres flame out in the playoffs and so what. There is not one person at the HSBC who is going to stand up and say "this isn't good enough." This is the same franchise that went through a extensive self review and came out 5 minutes later patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

Call me a horrible fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing the team go 5 and 15 in their last 20 and miss the playoffs. If that's what it takes to rid the organization of an incompetent GM and his players, so be it.

I said this earlier. The Sabres should really think about being sellers. Standing pat or "tweaking" the roster doesn't help this team one bit.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind as much the decisions this GM makes if I thought there was one ounce of accountability in this organization. He does nothing, the Sabres flame out in the playoffs and so what. There is not one person at the HSBC who is going to stand up and say "this isn't good enough." This is the same franchise that went through a extensive self review and came out 5 minutes later patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

And this. 100%.

Nail meet hammer.....I think that Darcy is hell bent on proving u build a team thru the draft and farm system..He is willing to sink or swim by it...It would be awesome to prove it wrong but it aint happening

I guess my question will come up one way or the other. A very serious question at that.

If the organization was to blow up the roster and start fresh with Myers and Ennis as its real first upcoming talent, do you trade Miller now to maximize his return value? And if so, is the talent pool from other teams prospects/picks enough to offset the loss of Miller?

The problem I have is that while Darcy doesn't want to pick up players who will be free agents after this season, he is not willing to get any return on his players who will be free agents. If you are looking for improving your team over a number of years you cannot let assets walk away - especially dmen where you can be picking up decent draft picks at the least.

This is the same franchise that went through a extensive self review and came out 5 minutes later patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

There have been plenty of embarrassing statements that have been spewed by Quinny, but this one ranks right at the top.

If the organization was to blow up the roster and start fresh with Myers and Ennis as its real first upcoming talent, do you trade Miller now to maximize his return value? And if so, is the talent pool from other teams prospects/picks enough to offset the loss of Miller?

I don't think they need to blow it up to the point where Miller should be traded because they have no shot. Just admit the FAB 5 is NEVER going to be what DR wants them to be, send a couple of them packing, upgrade the blueline and for once FIND A DECENT BACKUP GOALIE.

The fact that they knew during the offseason that they needed a PP QB and DID NOTHING speaks volumes for how far DR has his head buried in the sand.

I just hate that Regier thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.

Now, I know the Pens have Syd and Gino, but sure seems like Shero is willing to play the "for this year only game" and has made the Finals and won the Cup the last two years. But Darcy is way smarter than him :wallbash: :censored:

I'd love Darcy to trade for a backup goalie and have said goalie fall flat on his face like every other back up since Miller started carrying the load. The whole "we need a new backup goalie" cries have grown tiresome and cliche.

I'd love Darcy to trade for a backup goalie and have said goalie fall flat on his face like every other back up since Miller started carrying the load. The whole "we need a new backup goalie" cries have grown tiresome and cliche.

I'm not implying to get a new backup at the deadline, but they really need to get this right in the offseason. It shouldn't be that hard.

I don't think they need to blow it up to the point where Miller should be traded because they have no shot. Just admit the FAB 5 is NEVER going to be what DR wants them to be, send a couple of them packing, upgrade the blueline and for once FIND A DECENT BACKUP GOALIE.

The fact that they knew during the offseason that they needed a PP QB and DID NOTHING speaks volumes for how far DR has his head buried in the sand.

Agreed, I personally targeted Stafford and MacArthure for removal, but I agree Blue, you could target any one of them. I think the only one living up to expectations on this team so far, in all honesty, has been Kaleta. He just keeps getting better.

Enough with this Miller drama, who gives a damn what he thinks.

This is the newest half baked virus that's starting to spread,it's the 3rd or 4th time I've seen it already.

The bar is really low for some Sabres fans.

Let him win something before you crown him as this indispensable superstar player.

It was just last season that the team was making excuses for his mediocre play.

Why get this wound up over a regular season of goaltending behind a trap defense that has literally killed our the offense?

His play in goal is what you should expect for the 3rd highest paid goalie in the league.

Let him catch up to the great goalies that have played this game BEFORE you go off with this drama.

And although he played exceptionally well in the olympics in the end he let in a soft goal and I had to endure seeing canada's golden boy be the hero once again.

It took me back to the Winter Classic, it was like deja vu all over again.

Enough with this Miller drama, who gives a damn what he thinks.

This is the newest half baked virus that's starting to spread,it's the 3rd or 4th time I've seen it already.

The bar is really low for some Sabres fans.

Let him win something before you crown him as this indispensable superstar player.

It was just last season that the team was making excuses for his mediocre play.

Why get this wound up over a regular season of goaltending behind a trap defense that has literally killed our the offense?

His play in goal is what you should expect for the 3rd highest paid goalie in the league.

Let him catch up to the great goalies that have played this game BEFORE you go off with this drama.

And although he played exceptionally well in the olympics in the end he let in a soft goal and I had to endure seeing canada's golden boy be the hero once again.

Your arguments are so asinine, it is unreal. According to you, there isn't a single good player on this roster, including our goaltender, who has been the best in the NHL this year, not to mention that he is the single reason that we have won as much as we have.

Why isn't there a reason to praise the ONE thing on this team that consistantly goes well, night in and night out?

Your arguments are so asinine, it is unreal. According to you, there isn't a single good player on this roster, including our goaltender, who has been the best in the NHL this year, not to mention that he is the single reason that we have won as much as we have.

Why isn't there a reason to praise the ONE thing on this team that consistantly goes well, night in and night out?

You probably have the lowest comprehension of anyone on this board and that's quite an achievement.

I don't know if I'll be able to effectively penetrate the thickness of that skull of yours, but here goes nothing....

There is a distinction between recognizing a good player and absolutely swooning at Miller's feet like some groveling desperate fool who's acts like he's/she's never seen the game before, with comments like..."he is the single reason that we have won as much as we have."

Pebble is a good name for you because you talk like you have a pebble in your head.

You probably have the lowest comprehension of anyone on this board and that's quite an achievement.

I don't know if I'll be able to effectively penetrate the thickness of that skull of yours, but here goes nothing....

There is a distinction between recognizing a good player and absolutely swooning at Miller's feet like some groveling desperate fool who's acts like he's never seen the game before, with comments like..."he is the single reason that we have won as much as we have."

Pebble is a good name for you because you talk like you have a pebble in your head.

Not even going to dignify this with a response, since there is obviously very little point in having a discussion with you. You bring nothing to the discussion on this board other than to completely argue yourself in circles, without ever having a point. Not to mention the fact that instead of working towards a healthy discussion among FANS OF THE SAME TEAM, you insist on bashing, and taking shots at posters on the board.

just managed my ignored members list - i trust i understand it rightly that TomSmith's "pedigree" runs substantially like this?

G.M. Joined: 26-January 09

KK6666 Joined: 07-September 09

HockeyTruth Joined: 30-September 09

NHLopinion Joined: 19-November 09

Not even going to dignify this with a response, since there is obviously very little point in having a discussion with you. You bring nothing to the discussion on this board other than to completely argue yourself in circles, without ever having a point. Not to mention the fact that instead of working towards a healthy discussion among FANS OF THE SAME TEAM, you insist on bashing, and taking shots at posters on the board.

When you open your trap to insult someone you will get put in your place when that someone is me.

Feeding trolls is like feeding a stray cat. They will keep coming around until you stop feeding them. ;)

Feeding trolls is like feeding a stray cat. They will keep coming around until you stop feeding them. ;)

PBS had an interesting program on skunks. One town had a large number of skunks and they figured out it was due to there being a large number of feral cats in town that the people would put food out for at night.

i apologize for being unable to restrain myself (i've posted this before), but the boxxy trollin loop meme is one of my all-time favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Archived