[OT] So, the Bills ...

carpandean

Unless the Bills absolutely shock and awe at the draft and in free agency, I think this is my last year ordering Sunday Ticket for a while. As if the rising cost wasn't enough, I really can't stomach paying that much to watch a 16-week train wreck. I can watch that for free with the Browns. I would rather split that $300-400 between Center Ice and the ESPN College FB GamePlan.

Unless the Bills absolutely shock and awe at the draft and in free agency, I think this is my last year ordering Sunday Ticket for a while. As if the rising cost wasn't enough, I really can't stomach paying that much to watch a 16-week train wreck. I can watch that for free with the Browns. I would rather split that $300-400 between Center Ice and the ESPN College FB GamePlan.

Based on the fact that Nix already stated that building a team around high priced FA's isn't the way to go, and knowing you can only fill so many holes in one draft, I wouldn't expect much from the Bills next year.

The only question is, can Gailey can put some excitement into this offense versus the suckfest that has been going on for the last 5 years or so? Without a legitimate LT and a QB, they are going nowhere on offense.

I want my Buffalo Bills back. What a horror show.

I know this is overstating the obvious, but don't we all want the REAL Buffalo Bills back? I know that everyone is frustrated with the way things are being handled over at OBD. It makes us look as bad as the Detroit Lions.

I know this is overstating the obvious, but don't we all want the REAL Buffalo Bills back? I know that everyone is frustrated with the way things are being handled over at OBD. It makes us look as bad as the Detroit Lions.

Wouldn't the "obvious" be that this IS the REAL Buffalo Bills? In the Bills 50 year history :

50 Seasons

20 seasons with a winning record. 10 came from 1988 to 1999.

17 season in the playoffs. 10 came from 1988 to 1999.

Except for the Polian era and a few years in the mid '60s this franchise has been a joke. This is the real Buffalo Bills.

Wouldn't the "obvious" be that this IS the REAL Buffalo Bills? In the Bills 50 year history :

50 Seasons

20 seasons with a winning record. 10 came from 1988 to 1999.

17 season in the playoffs. 10 came from 1988 to 1999.

Except for the Polian era and a few years in the mid '60s this franchise has been a joke. This is the real Buffalo Bills.

Yeah.. And their mine, all mine..

Yeah.. And their mine, all mine..

It was tough in cheek. Given the demographics of the posters on this board, I suspect most follow what I mean. 1980 (maybe 1979) is about as far back as I can remember. My perception of the Bills was quite a bit better than some of the more senior citizens of the board as it was 12 out of the first 20 years that they were in the playoffs. In the 80s, I used to ride my bike down to Fredonia to watch training camp. I could once name pretty much name everyone (whether is be backup or starter) on the team. When I moved away from WNY, I used to make a special trip to the Rensalear train station in hope that I could get a copy of yesterday's Buffalo News so that I could get my Bills fix. Friends in WNY would mail me TBN sports sections from Mondays after games. When I moved to Massachusetts, I rejoiced, because there was this new website named TwoBillsDrive that delivered my Bills fix. I was a Bills junkie.

Somewhere along the line, since then, my need for that Bills fix has waned. It was more fun though when I was a junkie.

I have two five year old little boys who know all about the Sabres. They've been to quite a few games (both Sabres games and Portland games). Thomas knows that one the Sabres best players is named Thomas. Nathan knows that one of the Pirates best players is named Nathan... Every time that I can catch a game, if they don't recognize the opponent, they ask who the opposing team is. Like the Coyotes the other night. It is always followed with, "They're stinky!"

But they have as little exposure had as possible to the Bills though, because, I don't even know if there will still be a "Bills" by the time they can really become real fans.

I simply don't understand Ralph's reasoning for continuing to hold onto the team. Good, stable, ownership is a key for a team to compete. A team with 90 something year old owner and no succession plan in a small market is about as unstable a situation as there is. It is almost like he is consciously trying to drive the value of the team down.

About freakin' time. How this guy not only somehow managed to keep his job after Donohoe was fired, but subsequently got promoted, is amazing.

Unless our new DC is on one of the 4 remaining teams that are still alive, I continue to be puzzled why this hiring has not yet taken place. Did they really hire Gailey without him even knowing who he wanted for DC?

Did they really hire Gailey without him even knowing who he wanted for DC?

We are talking about the Bills...

While I'm not sold on the 3-4 D being decisively better than the 4-3, I'm intrigued to see Stroud/Williams/Spencer Johnson as 3-4 DE's. As well as Maybin, Poz, Mitchell, Harris as 3-4 LB's. They are going to need some fat NT's but that can be addressed in the draft. The secondary should be all set regardless.

We are talking about the Bills...

While I'm not sold on the 3-4 D being decisively better than the 4-3, I'm intrigued to see Stroud/Williams/Spencer Johnson as 3-4 DE's. As well as Maybin, Poz, Mitchell, Harris as 3-4 LB's. They are going to need some fat NT's but that can be addressed in the draft. The secondary should be all set regardless.

They don't really need to switch to a 3-4, they just need bigger players in the 4-3.

They don't really need to switch to a 3-4, they just need bigger players in the 4-3.

That's it exactly. They don't have the personnel to run either effectively.

To what Ink was saying about wanting to see the linebackers in a 3-4? I think the Bills need to clean house at linebacker. This team would do well with a new set of starting linebackers no matter if it's 3 or 4 on the field at a time.

What they need to do is learn how to play against the 3-4.

When was it? the 80's when everyone played the 3-4 and the big thing was to be that 1 or 2 teams that played the exotic 4-3. It all goes round and round.

What they need to do is learn how to play against the 3-4.

When was it? the 80's when everyone played the 3-4 and the big thing was to be that 1 or 2 teams that played the exotic 4-3. It all goes round and round.

Thank you! 3-4 and 4-3 defenses in the NFL are cyclical - one system is not necessarily better than the other - its all in the players you put on the field and the way they are coached - you are actually better off being in the minority. Less competition for the type of linemen and backers who fit your system.

About freakin' time. How this guy not only somehow managed to keep his job after Donohoe was fired, but subsequently got promoted, is amazing.

It's a good start. Now get rid of Overdorf and have someone file an injunction barring Ralph from meddling in the day-to-day affairs, and we might get something cooking.

It's a good start. Now get rid of Overdorf and have someone file an injunction barring Ralph from meddling in the day-to-day affairs, and we might get something cooking.

Yeah, and maybe we can trade our entire offense (minus Fred Jackson) for Indy's offense (minus Addai) while we're at it. :D

edit: And just in case, let's bring in Drew Brees to back up Manning. That way when we bench the starters after starting the season 14-0, we'll still have a decent chance at winning.

You want to fix the pass rush, improve the defense and not have to switch to the 3-4 in 2 EASY STEPS???

1. Let Schobel retire to his farm in Texas or even better see if he would accept a trade to the Cowboys or Texans(even a mid round pick) so he can be closer to home.

2. Sign Aaron Kampman who is a UFA to a 3 year contract, He is two years younger, is a bigger(no more 240 lb. DE's) and better player than Schobel IMO, and he is disgruntled at being moved to an OLB position in the 3-4 defense implemented at the start of this past season in GB.

You want to fix the pass rush, improve the defense and not have to switch to the 3-4 in 2 EASY STEPS???

1. Let Schobel retire to his farm in Texas or even better see if he would accept a trade to the Cowboys or Texans(even a mid round pick) so he can be closer to home.

2. Sign Aaron Kampman who is a UFA to a 3 year contract, He is two years younger, is a bigger(no more 240 lb. DE's) and better player than Schobel IMO, and he is disgruntled at being moved to an OLB position in the 3-4 defense implemented at the start of this past season in GB.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Archived