[OT] So, the Bills ...

carpandean

When is the NFL going to make it an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty whenever a WR gets up after not making a catch and immediately starts making a gesture of a referee throwing a flag. Shouldn't that be considered showing up the referees?

Get up, get back to the huddle and STFU.

But when was the last time we saw that kind of sportsmanship on a consistent basis? For all we know, it could have been as recent as this season. The problem is that we normally don't think about those things because of the "sore thumbs" who do the most complaining and none of the "sportsmanship" types are recognized for their exemplary conduct (and I'm not being facetious here).

But when was the last time we saw that kind of sportsmanship on a consistent basis? For all we know, it could have been as recent as this season. The problem is that we normally don't think about those things because of the "sore thumbs" who do the most complaining and none of the "sportsmanship" types are recognized for their exemplary conduct (and I'm not being facetious here).

I miss Thomas. Score a touchdown, flip the ball to the backjudge, and jog back to the sidelines.

What a tease this headline was in today's News:

<h2 class="deck">After another lost season, it's time for the Bills to ditch the old blueprint, tear everything down to the studs and go boldly where they haven't gone before. Russ Brandon and the front office have a long to-do list and their work cut out for them.</h2>

Seriously, they're bringing back one of the architects of this mess? What kind of football man is going to want to step into this situation? Wilson and Brandon over in charge?

What a tease this headline was in today's News:

<h2 class="deck">After another lost season, it's time for the Bills to ditch the old blueprint, tear everything down to the studs and go boldly where they haven't gone before. Russ Brandon and the front office have a long to-do list and their work cut out for them.</h2>

Seriously, they're bringing back one of the architects of this mess? What kind of football man is going to want to step into this situation? Wilson and Brandon over in charge?

Brandon is only there to hold Ralph's junk when he takes a piss. The guy who changes the urinal cakes in the bathrooms has more decision making ability than Brandon.

John Murphy and Mark Kelso are the worst announcers in Buffalo sports history. I say this having listened to John Gurtler.

Agreed. Murph went from one of the best analysts to one of the worst play by play guys. He just doesn't have the voice for it.

Agreed. Murph went from one of the best analysts to one of the worst play by play guys. He just doesn't have the voice for it.

Feel the same way. And it's a stop-action sport, too; it shouldn't be that hard to describe the game well.

Then again, they are Bills games. Jeanneret couldn't make them sound exciting.

Almost a great touchdown to end the half. But, alas, the knee was down ...

If he hadn't been down, it would have been an interesting call -- fumble vs. lateral and did the runner get into the endzone. All in all though, it might have been the highlight of the season!

Ok, so the Bills suck, nothing new there. What will it take to get them back in the hunt?

Well, for starters, a new city. Then, a new QB, A revamped LBer corps. Not to mention atleast 2 experienced offensive linemen. But lets not stop there, lets continue on with depth, and finish up with special teams.

In short, the City of Buffalo will never see an NFL championship team because it will have moved on by then, and rightfully so. It is a business and if the owners had a lick of common sense, they would immediately move the team to a larger market. Get used to reality Buffalo fans, it bites you in the ars more times then you know.

Brandon is in over his head doing anything football operations-wise, but he has done a pretty good job marketing a crappy franchise over the last few years. He can stay on in his role as VP of marketing or whatever as long as there is a strong GM and FO overhaul planned and executed.

Dear Mr. Wilson:

Please pay Bill Cowher 20M per season to coach the Bills.. What are you saving it for?

No need to throw a ton of $ at the chin or any other big name coach. The time and effort needs to be spent finding a strong football GM and completely retooling the football operations - director of pro personnel, director of college scouting, college scouts - anyone who bears even a little responsibility for every botched draft pick and FA signing over the last 10 years. They should all be fired or, in Brandon's case, reassigned.

At least they didn't draft this little guy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HMFbR7kDy8

I'll admit I was one of those against drafting Orakpo. I was afraid of two things - one, that he was another Mike Mamula workout warrior that was going to be a huge bust, and two, I didn't want another Texas player high in the draft after Mike Williams. I can admit I was wrong about Orakpo but I never wanted Maybin - I wanted Oher or another LT.

Maybe the Bills should let the fans draft. They would have a much better team. The Bills wouldn't have Maybin and Hardy on the bench and Whitner not doing much as a #8 pick.

Why not? We can do it via online poll. Can't screw things up as much as the experts have...

Maybe the Bills should let the fans draft. They would have a much better team. The Bills wouldn't have Maybin and Hardy on the bench and Whitner not doing much as a #8 pick.

If the fans ran the organization, there would be no competition because the Bills would sign and draft every single player. And you know? I could live with that. A championship by default sounds fine to me.

I don't care if Jim Kelly wants to be heard in terms of a possible ownership group, but he should STFU in terms of the players on the team or who the Bills should draft. WTF cares what he thinks or wants. Has he ever been a coach in the NFL? Scout? Front office position?

The only place his voice should be heard is on a message board with the rest of us. Stop sticking a microphone in this guys face! :angry:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2009-11-26-jim-kelly-ralph-wilson_N.htm

I just wanted to bump this and add Thurman Thomas to the STFU list. I'm really starting to hope these two never have an official position with the Bills.

Bills press conference at 2:30 today...

Nick Mendola just tweeted this:

"Someone I trust more than almost anyone in the media suspects fans will not be pleased"

Fewell returning perhaps? :sick:

My expectations are low. An announcement regarding the remaining tickets bought by TW being donated to members of the armed forces or to some local charity wouldn't surprise me.

Archived