The Music Thread

darksabre

Of all the strange things you have posted, someone removed a David Allan Coe song? THAT is BLASPHEMY!

Tell me about it.

In retrospect, though, the powers that be probably thought that kids might stumble upon this place and decided to remove it because of the purely outlaw nature and outright expletives heard on that tune. Still doesn't make sense, though, because there's stuff that gets put up here on an almost daily basis that can be equally profane (if not worse) and they get a pass.

Somebody needs to beat those idiots to death. I'm a rocker/metal fan but I HATE death metal.

Fixed. You had "dealth", not "death". The strikethrough option was barely noticeable over the "l".

Not all death metal is bad. If it has a halfway decent "melody" such as "Hammer Smashed Face" by Cannibal Corpse, that's not so bad. Some of the early stuff by Mortification (especially on their second album, which was almost 20 years ago) was really good. But if it sounds like an undecipherable cacophony that where even my 2-month old niece could play better than that on her musical playset, then it's trash.

As for my contribution this time, I may never get these images out of my mind whenever I hear this song. :o

Fixed. You had "dealth", not "death". The strikethrough option was barely noticeable over the "l".

Not all death metal is bad. If it has a halfway decent "melody" such as "Hammer Smashed Face" by Cannibal Corpse, that's not so bad. Some of the early stuff by Mortification (especially on their second album, which was almost 20 years ago) was really good. But if it sounds like an undecipherable cacophony that where even my 2-month old niece could play better than that on her musical playset, then it's trash.

As for my contribution this time, I may never get these images out of my mind whenever I hear this song. :o

LMAO thats actually distubing. I am a fan of metal/rock with melody but can't get past the roaring. My mate is trying to get me into Devildriver but I can't, I'll meet him at Trivium/Mastodon, who are ok. Lol.

Thanks for the correction, I'll go and change the oringinal thing heh.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't have the time this morning to see if anyone has ever posted a song by these guys on this thread. However, these guys are, well, a bit different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BFxS0xnE0k

I have one of their CDs, some is really good, other stuff is a bit to emo for me. This song from them rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb8-95_hDm8

I'm more partial to Dropkick Murphys and Bouncing Souls for my "Irish" punk fix, but Haggis has a place too.

I have one of their CDs, some is really good, other stuff is a bit to emo for me. This song from them rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb8-95_hDm8

I'm more partial to Dropkick Murphys and Bouncing Souls for my "Irish" punk fix, but Haggis has a place too.

I actually bought that tune for iTunes. What I noticed is that they took a line and improvised it several different ways.

I just don't have the whole album.