The Music Thread

darksabre

Yeah. :blush: At least I was able to escape early from whateverthehell that was that Crosschecking posted.

Here. This will make it all better. And she looks like a woman should look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtFCeJQKJGI

Hard Rock/blues/bad ass axe/hot chick music. I feel better already.

I need some new songs to get into my head, and into the head of my sons and their hockey teams. We have started on the annual search for a locker room/game mix. Sadly, I find I am not as up to date on current music as I would like to be. Living in the sticks/getting old will do that to.

I would love for all you young whipper snappers on the board (and the old ones too) to toss me some suggestions. More rock than rap, and relatively clean is preferred. Fire away!

Hard Rock/blues/bad ass axe/hot chick music. I feel better already.

I need some new songs to get into my head, and into the head of my sons and their hockey teams. We have started on the annual search for a locker room/game mix. Sadly, I find I am not as up to date on current music as I would like to be. Living in the sticks/getting old will do that to.

I would love for all you young whipper snappers on the board (and the old ones too) to toss me some suggestions. More rock than rap, and relatively clean is preferred. Fire away!

New popular stuff?Billboard

New good stuff (takes a bit more searching? indie rock cafe

Another great method is to put one song everyone likes into pandora and listen until you find another one.

I'm not that young. But, this song has been bouncing around for a day or so and it gets me fired up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYTyfQe-o8

It might be a bit out there though. :)

I'm not that young. But, this song has been bouncing around for a day or so and it gets me fired up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYTyfQe-o8

It might be a bit out there though. :)

Interesting! Made me think of gypsies and gay pirates. Don't know that kids would appreciate it.

Was thinking something like this, which will be the opening song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YB6H5q_gyU

I try to keep up a little bit. My musical tastes are actually pretty diverse but old school bluesy rock brings me back every time.

How old is your kid? Maybe check out Avenged Sevenfold and Three Days Grace on youtube.

almost 12 and 9, but raised on the classics - we went decade by decade with them from beach boys, beatles, stones, zeppelin, etc etc. up through the late 90's. Now we are letting them find their own way a little. Yeah, resigned to spending hours and hours on youtube. The pandora suggestion is a great one!

My son turns 14 next month and plays guitar. It kind of forces me to keep up a little. Last week he informed me that he wants to go to Darien Lake and see the Uproar Tour featuring Avenged Sevenfold and Three Days Grace, Seether, along with a few other bands as his birthday present. It's one of those all day multi band concerts. He's too young to go alone in my opinion so I bought a seat for me too. It's been 20 years since I've last gone to a big name current band concert. All the shows I go to are in small venues or outdoor freebies. Should be a good time.

You are NOT gonna see my sorry ass in a mosh pit though.