The Music Thread

darksabre

Wow, it's like listening to the Blues, but it actually makes you depressed instead of cheering you up.

Sadly, I can completely relate to Mel on that song, but this isn't the right thread for that.

Matt, IDK if you can dig some classical, but I at least hope this will be a bit more cheerful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwtYQec6u1w

Matt, IDK if you can dig some classical, but I at least hope this will be a bit more cheerful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwtYQec6u1w

I tend towards the big, heavy classical stuff. Tchaikovsky, Mussorgsky, Rachmaninoff, and the like (it just ocurred to me that they're all Russian too). I had a friend in high school that played those on piano and I loved listening to her.

EDIT: Thanks, BTW. You've just picked my music for today in the office. I'll be digging thru all the classical on my ipod.

I tend towards the big, heavy classical stuff. Tchaikovsky, Mussorgsky, Rachmaninoff, and the like (it just ocurred to me that they're all Russian too). I had a friend in high school that played those on piano and I loved listening to her.

I'm with you. I like classical that is allegro. The more pieces of the orchestra that are involved, the more I like it. About the only stuff I truly stay away from is solo piano.. I want my piano supporting, no solo.

I'm with you. I like classical that is allegro. The more pieces of the orchestra that are involved, the more I like it. About the only stuff I truly stay away from is solo piano.. I want my piano supporting, no solo.

I like most classical music. Some of the stuff that is like really modern/avant garde aka John Cage is not really my cup of tea. I can either take piano solo or accompaniment. I actually had a girlfriend back in the mid 90's who was a voice major at Roberts Wesleyan who sang a Mozart piece with piano accompaniment. Too bad I can't remember for the life of me what that piece was. :(

Not sure how much solo piano you have heard but...

I really like most of the Beethoven piano sonatas and the bagatelles . My sister was a talented amateur pianist and I enjoyed her playing of the Moonlight sonata. There is a lot of really good keyboard music by J. S. Bach like the Well tempered klavier, or the Goldberg variations. For something different try the Hungarian rhapsodies of F. Lizst.

How do you link/embed a youtube video?

I really like most of the Beethoven piano sonatas and the bagatelles . My sister was a talented amateur pianist and I enjoyed her playing of the Moonlight sonata. There is a lot of really good keyboard music by J. S. Bach like the Well tempered klavier, or the Goldberg variations. For something different try the Hungarian rhapsodies of F. Lizst.

Got to Youtube

Click SHARE

click long link option

copy the link

go to SSPace

"add reply"

click last icon above post box "insert media"

paste link into box

click insert media

dun.

THIS! :thumbsup:

Also, let's not forget the piano sonatas of Beethoven and Chopin. Chopin was to the piano what Roger Neilson was to hockey: neither of them ever found a bride but both were "married" to what they loved to do.

Such beautiful music....where has it all gone..... why don't people write this stuff anymore

It's so.. It's so... zzzzzzzzzsnorezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Quantity over quality. That's why.

I've heard better stuff coming from the Underground Trance world than from anything showing up on the Top 40 scene in recent years.

One of my favorites. Could she play all three movements? I learned the first one and had no idea there were more until I saw them on a classical cd set. The first is beautiful; the second is short and light-hearted; but oh my, the third is amazing (and so is the pianist in the video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zucBfXpCA6s