The Music Thread

darksabre

I can't get Barbara Streisand's speed metal version of Jingle Bells out of my head. Damn you 102.5. :wallbash:

I don't need to go to YouTube to find it. A friend on Facebook provided a link to it a couple of weeks ago and said that that song was going to play forever in Hell (or something to that effect). I only listened to 5 seconds of it before I turned it off. But, yeah: I totally agree with the wallbash. That HAS to be one of the worst musical contraptions I've ever heard. I'd rather listen to William Hung sing to Hotel California.

Does not appear that the link is working.

Copy the link and post it in another page.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a genre that most people like, but I think Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy brings it (although I normally have a strong preference for male singers when it comes to heavy music).

maria brink of "in this moment' is good. she has an incredible dynamic range ... not so much octave range, but she can belt it or croon it.

It's not that I'm not a fan but I find her to be more style than substance. IF anyone is close to Joan Jett as a female rocker it is probably Pat Benatar.

I just can't get past the fact that she is on Rolling Stone's list of 100 Greatest Guitarists and yet Alex Lifeson is not. I shouldn't hold it against her but I do.