PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

Me thinks Pittsburgh is way over matched in their 3-4 lines. Detroit is the ultimate secondary scoring team. What a weekend goaltender exhibition Osgood put on.

Bingo, that is exactly it. They neutralize Crosby and Malkin, and Detroit knows its depth is far superior. I think Pitt will one game because they can matchup better at home getting Zetterberg off his a$$, but Detroit is too good and will win at home. Crosby is frustrated and crying, Malkin is frustrated at fighting, and Fleury can't let that weak shot by with your team down 1 late.

Does anyone else get wet in the pants over Zetterberg. I absolutely love him. He has great skill but what makes him so special is his effort. He is like captain intangible Drury x 3. He just seems to do everything right and it is hard to criticise him for anything on ice.

Does anyone else get wet in the pants over Zetterberg. I absolutely love him. He has great skill but what makes him so special is his effort. He is like captain intangible Drury x 3. He just seems to do everything right and it is hard to criticise him for anything on ice.

He is easily my favorite player in this series.

I'm rooting Wings on a very minimal level. Ty Conklin needs a Stanley Cup so we can add him to the list rather than Satan.

I'm rooting for the Pens.. I just don't want to see another Wings SC.

Speaking of those Wings, they are truly a beast. They seem to be bigger than the Pens, more tenacious than the Pens, more capable of turning it up a notch and plain luckier than the Pens.

I'll be rooting against it, but it won't surprise me to see them sweep away Pit. They have to be renting space in Crosby/Malkins head. Zetterburg has been all over Crosby. Should be interesting to see the strategy change when Pit gets the last change for the next two.

You're undervaluing Zetterberg there.

I'm rooting for the Pens.. I just don't want to see another Wings SC.

:rolleyes: Yeah I'm torn between rooting against them (the Pens) or for them if for nothing else to prevent the carpet bagging behavior of Hossa and Conklin being rewarded and reinforced for other's to follow. (aka the Hasek effect although I know it's been happenning for allot longer than Dom's trade)

Speaking of those Wings, they are truly a beast. They seem to be bigger than the Pens, more tenacious than the Pens, more capable of turning it up a notch and plain luckier than the Pens.

Agreed, they play their style and system better than anyone I ever remember and just seem able to impose it at will sometimes.

I'll be rooting against it, but it won't surprise me to see them sweep away Pit. They have to be renting space in Crosby/Malkins head. Zetterburg has been all over Crosby. Should be interesting to see the strategy change when Pit gets the last change for the next two.

Yeah Im curious to see if the rookie coach is able to cook up anything to counter what's been happening. Having the last line change will help but I'm sure Babcock has a plan ready for that as well. He better have a little more ready than that. Something tells me to expect to see the penalty pendelum swing in penguins favor next 2 games... I will say the pace has been wild although I would prefer them trading chances instead of the lock down tactics we've been seeing..

about 20 seconds in:

I love the "etc." in the instigator rule.

"The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc."

I love the "etc." in the instigator rule.

"The Director of Hockey Operations will review every such incident and may rescind the suspension based on a number of criteria. The criteria for the review shall include, but not limited to, the score, previous incidents, etc."

I'm not even concerned with the slack in the instigator rule, here. Whether he instigated or not, how the hell is Malkin getting away with swinging his stick like that?

I'm not even concerned with the slack in the instigator rule, here. Whether he instigated or not, how the hell is Malkin getting away with swinging his stick like that?

Might be time for new spectacles, but I can't see the stick swing. What second-mark?

I'm glad to see the Pens are staying classy as their playoff run grinds to a halt. It's like watching a 5 year old cry and flip a board game off a table.

At least they're showing some emotion.

I prefer guys getting mad over guys standing around doing nothing while their goalie crawls back into his crease after getting taken down behind the net.

That said, I have a strong dislike for cheapshots.

If you're gonna drop 'em, keep it clean.

I prefer guys getting mad over guys standing around doing nothing while their goalie crawls back into his crease after getting taken down behind the net.

Agree about the emotion, but there is a time & place for it.

By no means is this series over. Detroit got some lucky bounces and Fleury hasn't played well - both are likely to change.

Yeah but it was Osgood who was cheapshotted. That was followed by Malking going crazy. It all was the very definition of "sending a message."

Yeah but it was Osgood who was cheapshotted. That was followed by Malking going crazy. It all was the very definition of "sending a message."

meh.. It's the Stanley Cup Finals, the rules are different, and should be. And about that Cheapshot on Osgood, if you only saw his reaction and not what the guy did to him, you would have thought that he got shot by Van Damme in Sudden Death.

Yes, that is absolutely correct, however "sending a message" still requires emotion of some sort.

Again, cheapshotting has no place in any game, but I can appreciate the fact that the Pens care enough to get mad, unlike some other NHL teams.

Archived