PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

True dat. "Grit" sure lost out to smarts last night. It was an embarrassment for Pittsburgh.

I didn't see grit from the Pens, I saw immaturity, frustration, and dirty play. Malkin should have been suspended for the rest of the series after that one hit.

Detroit brought the grit along with the skill.

Excellent game.

So, if the Red Wings close it out tonight, does Hossa get booed when he skates the cup?

Ideally, I'd like the Pens to win tonight and the Red Wings to close it out at home. It would just be cruel to watch Detroit skate it twice on the Pen's own ice.

So, if the Red Wings close it out tonight, does Hossa get booed when he skates the cup?

Ideally, I'd like the Pens to win tonight and the Red Wings to close it out at home. It would just be cruel to watch Detroit skate it twice on the Pen's own ice.

Not cruel. Freaking awesome.

I agree, but boy, the Pens are playing a great game. Both teams actually. It really pisses me off that I'm enjoying watching THESE two teams play as much as I am.

It's a little bit of hatred each way here, too. Kind of like a Sox-Yanks game. Whom do I dislike more?

The Pens, their whiny captain, their dirty merkin--I mean, Malkin--and their fans.

EDIT: Game over, and a good game by both teams, but Pittsburgh was better. The Pens deserved this one.

The Wings seemed flat tonight. But, I suppose the Pens picked up their game and made the Wings seem flat. I'd like to see Detroit take it at home this time, so, Friday night is a good night for game seven.

That was a great hockey game. Also, it was by far Fleury's best game of the Finals. His #s are much better at home than on the road though, so not much reason for confidence going into game 7. I'll be surprised if Pittsburgh pulls it off, but it's not impossible.

Guest Sloth

Pittsburg and Detroit have given the NHL and the fans, most of them anyway, exactly what they were hoping for, and that is a game 7. I was mad when Pitt was down 2-0 in the series. It's not that I want Pitt to win the Stanley Cup. I just love the drama and intensity that is involved in a series like this. In game 7, I'm pulling for a 3-2 overtime win.

As a side note, I work at a firestation in the south that has no care for hockey, so I missed tonight's game. What really sucks is I will miss game 7! Damn rednecks... :lol:

3 more points for Malkin and he'll be tied for 5th place with Gretzky for all-time playoff points in a single season.

tonight may be the last hockey we see until Sept. :cry:

Fear not, chz...you have one more game. Of course, we *know* that will be the last one for 3.5 months.

This wasn't the classic Game 3 they had last year, but it was dam good. That wasn't the same team that played Detroit on Saturday, was it?

Detroit seems to be in that "cat vs. mouse" toying mode this series. When they turn it on and keep the puck on a string, they're clearly the better team. But it's a dangerous game. Sometimes all the cat gets is a belly full of grass. And of course that ends up on the carpet and not the hardwood floor. Don't get me wrong, I love all 16 of my cats. But I digress.

Anyone got any predictions for tonight? I foresee 3-2 in double ot with hossa scoring the winner for detroit. Why double OT? Cause I have to take my teaching exam tomorrow morning at 7:30am... The only reason the game's gonna end after midnight.

Well it is friday.

Pittsburgh is used to winning championships. In other words they "act like they have been there". I don't expect to much rioting. Although when the Steelers won the did have some issues in Oakland where Pitt is located. Mostly it was college kids acting like idiots.

From Buff news:

Most signs still point toward Detroit winning the Cup. The Wings are 11-2 and have won eight straight in the Joe, including three wins over the Pens. The Wings have a 5-1 record and have outscored the Pens, 21-6, at home over the past two years. The Cup reached seven games 14 times in history, and the home team has won 12.

Pittsburgh, however, is 4-0 in Game Sevens on the road.

I just hope it's a good game. It's margarita night!

Archived