PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

Congrats Satan! I love to see Buffalo players get a Championship. Sad that it is always after they left, nonetheless I feel glad for them.

What's so so so funny is that Drury came to town as a champion and savior to the team. He made 2 requests: 1) put a picture of the cup in the locker room and 2) get Satan out of the locker room... Since then, 0 cups for buffalo, 0 cups for drury, and now there can be a picture of Satan HOLDING the cup in the Sabres locker room! Funny how the world works...

What's so so so funny is that Drury came to town as a champion and savior to the team. He made 2 requests: 1) put a picture of the cup in the locker room and 2) get Satan out of the locker room... Since then, 0 cups for buffalo, 0 cups for drury, and now there can be a picture of Satan HOLDING the cup in the Sabres locker room! Funny how the world works...

Congrats to Miro. Lets not forget two other Sabre castoffs Boucher and Zigomanis (is he the guy the Sabres lost when Regier couldn't figure the fax machine?)

I can't imagine a worst way to end the hockey season than to see that soft floating euro Satan raising the Cup above his head. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Especially in a game where that "soft floating euro" was laying his body out to block shots. Must be hell for you? :rolleyes:

While I completely agreed with Hossa's assessment that his best chance to win the Cup at the time was with Detroit, I can't help but think that he will question himself for the rest of his life.

But if he goes back, that team is completely different. They don't bring back Orpik. They probably don't ship Whitney out. Who knows if they have enough room for Guerin. Hossa made the right move. Maybe if he actually showed up during the finals he would've gotten that cup.

it does hurt to see satan raise the cup. Watching him whiff (on purpose) on several body checks tonight made me cring. what else hurts is that the pens were a few points behind the sabres at mid season. It really makes me wonder what type of moves our team would have needed to even spark a run.

Guest Sloth
But if he goes back, that team is completely different. They don't bring back Orpik. They probably don't ship Whitney out. Who knows if they have enough room for Guerin. Hossa made the right move. Maybe if he actually showed up during the finals he would've gotten that cup.

A number of hockey analyst are already saying Hossa's lack of play in the finals will cost him a few bucks in his next contract. I think the analyst are over analyzing. I did tell myself it would be funny if he lost the Cup to Pitt. Webster's should use Hossa as an example of irony in their dictionary. :lol:

Full credit to the Penguins - winning 4 out of the last 5 games to take the series against a strong Red Wings team (really the model NHL franchise).

I was impressed with the play of the Staal-Kennedy-Cooke (?) line in Game 7. Great effort. The support guys for Pittsburgh really came through too - guys like Talbot & Dupuis and the Staal line - played with a level of grit and skill I found surprising. And the no-name lunch bucket D - Hal Gill (!) getting quality minutes, Scuderi, Orpick, Letang; hardly a household in the bunch after Gonchar.

Nice to see Fleury win in DET (great saves in the dramatic finish) and help is rep. Crosby & Malkin are building an impressive list of NHL accomplishments given how young they are.

And who knew coach Bylsma was in the 2003 final with the Ducks?

it does hurt to see satan raise the cup. Watching him whiff (on purpose) on several body checks tonight made me cring. what else hurts is that the pens were a few points behind the sabres at mid season. It really makes me wonder what type of moves our team would have needed to even spark a run.

Maybe get Guerin. The second Pen to hoist the Cup. Got it from Crosby. Says it all. Over.

A number of hockey analyst are already saying Hossa's lack of play in the finals will cost him a few bucks in his next contract. I think the analyst are over analyzing. I did tell myself it would be funny if he lost the Cup to Pitt. Webster's should use Hossa as an example of irony in their dictionary. :lol:

The one year deal really made it seem like he would be heading back to Europe soon. Maybe the lack of a cup will change that.

I'm trying to look at this as optimistically as possible. Now that Pit has won, maybe they won't be as hungry next year. Sooner or later Crosby and Malkin were going to win a Cup. It all came together for them this year. Now we can look forward to them imploding next year.

My seven year old son who roots for all things Pittsburgh now has a Super Bowl and Stanley Cup under his belt. His father is sadly still waiting..

After he signed with Detroit, i read a column on some website that Hossa signed a 1-year deal with the team he felt was in the best shape to win the cup and then he plans on signing with the team that signs Marion Gaborik. Not sure if that's what he still plans on doing but i do remember a lot of discussion last year about it. Actually, a lot of people felt like Gabby and Hossa would go to Toronto. Don't see that anymore with Burke there tho and idk any team that can afford both, besides the LA Kings but they are too busy talking trade about Chris Pronger or Ryan Smyth.

As much as it sucks to see the Pens with the win, Guerin deserves it more than almost anyone.

Not sure if he deserves it more then Ty Conklin, but i agree he def deserves it. This is Conks 4th year on a title contender falling short.... ouch. Talk about heart break!

I can't believe I am seeing congrats go ahead to Satan in this thread. Is this the same Satan that was so despised that Drury reportedly went to management and asked that he be let go? He was a bum then and he is a bum now. <_<

...and then he (Drury) became a and went for the coin , I bet Miro doesn't give a fat rats a$$ what you and the rest of the disgruntled fans think !

I bet Miro doesn't give a fat rats a$$ what you and the rest of the disgruntled fans think !

What a revelation. Professional athletes could not care less what is being posted on fan message boards. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. :wallbash:

Not sure if he deserves it more then Ty Conklin, but i agree he def deserves it. This is Conks 4th year on a title contender falling short.... ouch. Talk about heart break!

Conklin sealed his fate the second he set foot on the University of No Hardware.

Archived