PLAYOFF DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

Well the Pens got their one win of the series. Back to your regularly scheduled Detroit Cup repeat.

Thats what I was thinking. It was nice however to see the Pens put up a fight and get some secondary scoring. I still believe that Detroit has this one in the bag.

Olczyk was beside himself for how long the Penguins got away with it....what's more astounding to me is that NEITHER the Red Wings bench nor the officials realized it.

He really carried on and on about it, didn't he? Last night convinced me that the other VS guy (Darryl Reaugh) is a better color guy than Olczyk (who isn't bad, but still).

He really carried on and on about it, didn't he? Last night convinced me that the other VS guy (Darryl Reaugh) is a better color guy than Olczyk (who isn't bad, but still).

I don't think he overplayed it...that is almost an extra shift you can't get your players off the ice.

I don't think he overplayed it...that is almost an extra shift you can't get your players off the ice.

Eye/ear of the beholder, I suppose. I agree that it was fine to talk about it during the too-many-men period, and certainly if Pittsburgh had scored or gotten a PP out of that possession it would be a real issue. But it ended up not having have any consequence, and it just felt like he kept talking about it for the rest of the game.

He kept saying that the non-call was an opportunity that Pittsburgh took advantage of. The logic of this seems a bit strained to me -- since there was no call, Detroit didn't get a power play, so they didn't score a PP goal, so Pittsburgh had an opportunity...But this doesn't seem any different to me from 20 other non-calls that occur during the course of any game.

Not a big deal either way, IMHO. To me the story of this game was Pittsburgh getting a few more calls, Fleury playing a bit better and Osgood playing a bit worse. And Malkin is really an absolute beast right now.

So if the Pens scored with too many men on could that be reviewed?

I couldn't find the YouTube video, but remember last year (2007-08) when Derek Roy somehow got completely behind the defense and received a breakaway pass that he score off of. I think it was a Flyers game. They showed on the replay that Timmy came toward the bench for the change, saw the play change direct and cut back into the defensive zone. Roy came on as he approached and didn't see Timmy turn back. It was clearly too many men and the other bench was screaming about it after the goal. No review.

Edit: here's the SabresTV link. It doesn't show the botched change as well as the video that I remember watching on YouTube (I think it had the review after the play.) You can sort of see Timmy start heading to the bench and then as Max starts up the far side, you see him start back toward the bench. Roy, of course, was already behind the D.

Eye/ear of the beholder, I suppose. I agree that it was fine to talk about it during the too-many-men period, and certainly if Pittsburgh had scored or gotten a PP out of that possession it would be a real issue. But it ended up not having have any consequence, and it just felt like he kept talking about it for the rest of the game.

He kept saying that the non-call was an opportunity that Pittsburgh took advantage of. The logic of this seems a bit strained to me -- since there was no call, Detroit didn't get a power play, so they didn't score a PP goal, so Pittsburgh had an opportunity...But this doesn't seem any different to me from 20 other non-calls that occur during the course of any game.

Not a big deal either way, IMHO. To me the story of this game was Pittsburgh getting a few more calls, Fleury playing a bit better and Osgood playing a bit worse. And Malkin is really an absolute beast right now.

Good Post

I couldn't find the YouTube video, but remember last year (2007-08) when Derek Roy somehow got completely behind the defense and received a breakaway pass that he score off of. I think it was a Flyers game. They showed on the replay that Timmy came toward the bench for the change, saw the play change direct and cut back into the defensive zone. Roy came on as he approached and didn't see Timmy turn back. It was clearly too many men and the other bench was screaming about it after the goal. No review.

Edit: here's the SabresTV link. It doesn't show the botched change as well as the video that I remember watching on YouTube (I think it had the review after the play.) You can sort of see Timmy start heading to the bench and then as Max starts up the far side, you see him start back toward the bench. Roy, of course, was already behind the D.

Great example.

I just got to say that I :wub: all my Hockey posting buddies here. Never seen a site with such a great combination of sarcasim, humor, wit, knowledge, facts and astute commentary. Could a reality TV show be in our future....

GO Pens the anti carpet bagging Hosers...... Although they do whine a wee bit too much for my liking....

Good Post

Great example.

I just got to say that I :wub: all my Hockey posting buddies here. Never seen a site with such a great combination of sarcasim, humor, wit, knowledge, facts and astute commentary. Could a reality TV show be in our future....

GO Pens the anti carpet bagging Hosers...... Although they do whine a wee bit too much for my liking....

I'm writing the book. Still looking for a title. Maybe "Text, tweet or blog, still a Sabres Fan"

Good Post

Great example.

Fanarchy?

I'm writing the book. Still looking for a title. Maybe "Text, tweet or blog, still a Sabres Fan"

After seeing yours for PA in the other thread, I don't want to know all your pet names for regular posers here :rolleyes: Or Do I :bag:

Fanarchy?

Ehhh, not quite the same as one that would follow the width, breadth, political, personal and social make up of individual fans that grace this site. ;)

After seeing yours for PA in the other thread, I don't want to know all your pet names for regular posers here :rolleyes: Or Do I :bag:

Ehhh, not quite the same as one that would follow the width, breadth, political, personal and social make up of individual fans that grace this site. ;)

Man your eyes are brown.

If we're all adopting Indian names, my pet name for spndnchz would be Hides PeePee in TeePee.

Who's got width? width good.

Man your eyes are brown.

If we're all adopting Indian names, my pet name for spndnchz would be Hides PeePee in TeePee.

U make me laugh, but so does my cat. I miss hockey. Here. In B-lo. Where's July 1? :chris: :chris: Arrrrrggggggg :chris: :chris: :chris:

Glad Pitt showed signs of life in Game 3. My son was hooting and hollering when they got the GWG. Is this the game Datysuk comes back? Amazing to look at how good these Wings are and know that they still have an Ace to play.

Archived