Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I hate how a 9:30 doctors appointment really means 10:30. If they're already behind at that point in the morning, what happens to the people later in the day? And now I get to contemplate enrollment in a clinical trial. This should be fun.

And before anyone asks, it is nothing serious.

So sorry for your loss LPF. You and your family will be remembered in my prayers. Since I pray a minumum of 5 times per day in accordance with Islamic tradition, I hope it helps.

Special prayers for the departed and the loved ones left hehind have been said.

Keep the memories vivid and strong and your uncle will remain with you always.

=====

I will echo Eleven's sentiment and extend my best wishes for a better 2013 for all experiencing difficulties as 2012 comes to a close.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I am torn on this one ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/12/20/pol-supreme-court-niqab-ruling.html

My complaint is ...

People who twist a religion to their own benefit to the point of taking it to the Supreme Court of Canada.

The niqab is NOT Islamic. I would make the arguement that the hijab (head scarf) isn't either.

The niqab has become a tradition in some Islamic countries, but that does not make it part of real Islamic teaching. And that tradition was initiated by men.

It really is sad when a religion, any religion, is hijacked by extremists.

Can we get an apostrophe in "Lets" on the background image? I see spare ones all the time -- hot dog's, french fry's, etc. It aint fair.

Indeed, there is a surfeit of apostrophe's. (Yes, that was intentional.) Let's get one up on the boards!

I am torn on this one ...

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...qab-ruling.html

My complaint is ...

People who twist a religion to their own benefit to the point of taking it to the Supreme Court of Canada.

The niqab is NOT Islamic. I would make the arguement that the hijab (head scarf) isn't either.

The niqab has become a tradition in some Islamic countries, but that does not make it part of real Islamic teaching. And that tradition was initiated by men.

It really is sad when a religion, any religion, is hijacked by extremists.

Quoting my own post to add this update ...

I am no longer torn on this one. After thinking on it ...

I am just plain old PISSED OFF!!

Don't worry, the Mayans will take care of everything tonight..

Nothing against you, but Im sick and tired of the Mayan Calendar bs. People over analyze and almost want to believe the end of times are upon us. These ideas of the world coming to and end have been going for an immeasurable amount of time. Im looking forward to heading out of town to visit some family for the Holidays. Mayan Calendar is a complete wash for the end of days.

Edited by thanes16

Students who wait until they get their final course grade to make contact and give a whole bunch of excuses for their under-performance. Maybe some or all of it is true, maybe legitimate hardships caused problems with school, but I'm still not going to believe a word of it when it comes after grades are posted.

About ###### time.

How about a woman that I dated for a couple of months during the summer, who, FOUR MONTHS later, decided to do a hatchet job on the hood of my car. Christmas Eve, too.

All class. Wonder why I didn't want the relationship to get deeper?

Oh, and I nominate this thread for continuance through Friday. We need more than three hours and three minutes of bitching, Scott!

Edited by Eleven

When did tires become black gold? An awesome tire 5 years ago used to be ~$100. Now they are $200+.

So, I get a new pair of tires to replace the near bald ones on my front, plus an alignment for $510. On the way to pick up the car, 1/4 mile from Mr. Tire, my wife hits a 5" deep pothole and blows out her tire on her Volvo S60. Side wall cut. That one runs $300. For one friggin' tire... a tire that Mr. Tire doesn't have in stock and doesn't know if they can get tomorrow.

On the way home, my daughter calls and tells us our son is throwing up. We get home and apparently he ate a bad banana.

About ###### time.

How about a woman that I dated for a couple of months during the summer, who, FOUR MONTHS later, decided to do a hatchet job on the hood of my car. Christmas Eve, too.

All class. Wonder why I didn't want the relationship to get deeper?

Oh, and I nominate this thread for continuance through Friday. We need more than three hours and three minutes of bitching, Scott!

define hachet... a hammer? keys? a real hachet?

This is a lame one, but I'm still tired after hardly getting any sleep on Christmas Eve. We went to bed around 2am knowing we were getting up around 8:30am to start the turkey, which was already insufficient. Made worse, however, by the fact that around 4:15am the cat became very insistent on more attention. Tried petting her but she'd start nibbling on my fingers whenever I stopped. Pulled my arms under the covers, so she decides to lick my hair. Shoo her to the foot of the bed, and she's attacking my feet. After a few rounds of that I finally kicked her out of the room, but sheesh I'm tired. The last time I stayed there she just slept quietly on the bed all night, so I don't know what her deal was.

This is a lame one, but I'm still tired after hardly getting any sleep on Christmas Eve. We went to bed around 2am knowing we were getting up around 8:30am to start the turkey, which was already insufficient. Made worse, however, by the fact that around 4:15am the cat became very insistent on more attention. Tried petting her but she'd start nibbling on my fingers whenever I stopped. Pulled my arms under the covers, so she decides to lick my hair. Shoo her to the foot of the bed, and she's attacking my feet. After a few rounds of that I finally kicked her out of the room, but sheesh I'm tired. The last time I stayed there she just slept quietly on the bed all night, so I don't know what her deal was.

Wow. That was kinda hot...

Somewhere in between keys and a hammer, is what it looks like to me.

That sucks man.

I've been stuck at work (not literally stuck here bc of weather, but in the daily grind kind of stuck...wanted to clarify lol) since Wednesday. There are 5 people in the office (out of 30 something). I'm here because, like an idiot, I used all my PTO before the last week of the year. I won't be doing that again. The other four people here? managers and accountants all closing out stuff that needs closed prior to end of year. What am I doing you ask? twiddling my thumbs bc we have I think maybe 3 customers that didn't completely shut down for this week. highlight of my day yesterday? a phone call with someone that more or less had the wrong number (they thought they needed our services, but turns out they need one of our competitors). We chatted about the lockout :( Today's to do list: ....

It's going to be a long 7 hours (already 1 hour down :thumbsup: )

Edited by dEnnis the Menace