Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Well, speaking of being in the doghouse, I remember when the Celtics practically collapsed at the end of the Larry Bird era. He had quite a supporting cast around him that helped out over the years. But, as they all left or retired one by one, it just wasn't the same, and it seemed like the Celtics were hanging around at or near the bottom of the NBA until a couple of years ago.

Bringing Kevin Garnett out of Minnesota helped out the Celtics, IIRC.

As well as trading for Ray Allen and drafting rondo and Perkins. (pierce was already in house)

I've been battling Gout for nearly two weeks and I've just about reached my wits end. The pain was so unbearable I gave in and took vicotin. Well, let's just say I'd rather deal with the Gout than coming down off vicotin.

I've restorted to more wholistic methods with diet and it seems to be working. Must be the control freak in me but I can't stand all that comes with vicotin.

Oh, one last thing for spndnchz: congrats on graduation. You said you got several job offers. Hopefully, they keep you in WNY. I can imagine that there are a number of us who wish we were back there instead of living in different parts of the world, far away from home. :(

I didn't think it was possible, but so many of the posts around here lately are coming close to chasing me away from this board. There is so much pure anger out there that it almost looks like this was the worst season in the history of professional sports, an insult to mankind itself. I know there are plenty who aren't running around and dodging the sky while it falls, but you people don't post nearly enough.

I didn't think it was possible, but so many of the posts around here lately are coming close to chasing me away from this board. There is so much pure anger out there that it almost looks like this was the worst season in the history of professional sports, an insult to mankind itself. I know there are plenty who aren't running around and dodging the sky while it falls, but you people don't post nearly enough.

Precisely the reason I've been staying away for the most part. Happened to me last summer too where I had to take a break for a bit.

I'm gonna go enjoy this beautiful day. I don't have any complaints. B-)

Some r only happy when it rains....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RR9nsmPMFo

It's getting just like TSW. I am trying to take a break from the boards until at least camp starts.

It's getting just like TSW. I am trying to take a break from the boards until at least camp starts.

IIRC, traffic on this board normally dies down when the season's over and picks back up around the preseason.

I've been looking at TSW occasionally, but I tend to stay away for the period of time between the draft and free agency. Too much.

On to my complaint: Tuesday night, I'm mowing the lawn in what felt like 150-degree heat at 7:30pm. As I'm finishing up, I notice the wife is putting in the window A/C unit in the bedroom, so I begin to look forward to a comfortable sleeping night. Not 20 seconds later, power goes out to my entire neighborhood (no, she didn't turn it on). So much for the brand new window unit...

Refs. Whenever you talk to a ref off the ice they'll say,"you know, we're not going to get every call right." But whenever you argue a call on the ice, that's never the one they got wrong.

Buying beautiful impatiens at the garden center, bringing them home and realizing they grew straight up in the little containers. Too leggy -- when is that ever a problem in real life. Not a problem with women. Not a problem with a certain rookie defenseman. So you gotta pinch em back and hope they grow more rounded in the ground. The flowers, not the rookie defenseman.

Buying beautiful impatiens at the garden center, bringing them home and realizing they grew straight up in the little containers. Too leggy -- when is that ever a problem in real life. Not a problem with women. Not a problem with a certain rookie defenseman. So you gotta pinch em back and hope they grow more rounded in the ground. The flowers, not the rookie defenseman.

Just bury them a little lower in the ground Pa they should grow well that way.

Just bury them a little lower in the ground Pa they should grow well that way.

Yeah, that thought occurred to me after they were planted.

I just pinched em way back. Someone said to pinch above a leaf node.

You into gardening? What grows good for ya?

Whatever deer, rabbits, etc... don't like. I feel like my yard is like a buffet line to the local cirtters.

LOL :lol:

Do you leave out tongs?

:w00t: x2

My complaint is along this line. I took the time with my kids to nuture a half dozen maple tree saplings to about 8-12" high and proceeded to plant them in the back yard this last Sunday late afternoon. Came back with my Boys to water them Monday night and the tops and most of the leaves have been nibbled off by deer over night.(saw the hoof prints in moist dirt around them).

They left them alone when they were in the mulch beds and grwoing by the house. Damn who knew they liked replanted maple tree saplings.

Guest Sloth

Ok, my wife recently got pissed off at me because I was joking with a girl. I told my wife the girl is simply a friend and we like to joke with eachother. My wife was mad and told me not to speak/text her any more. WTF? Why can't a married guy have a friend that happens to be a girl? Any of you guys experience this before? I'm grabbing a beer on that one.

Refs. Whenever you talk to a ref off the ice they'll say,"you know, we're not going to get every call right." But whenever you argue a call on the ice, that's never the one they got wrong.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. That's what I did.

Now quit your whining Swampass!

Ok, my wife recently got pissed off at me because I was joking with a girl. I told my wife the girl is simply a friend and we like to joke with eachother. My wife was mad and told me not to speak/text her any more. WTF? Why can't a married guy have a friend that happens to be a girl? Any of you guys experience this before? I'm grabbing a beer on that one.

Does she have any guy friends that are similar to your friend? React just like she does when she's joking with that dude. If not, you're screwed (or not!).