Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Is there ever a case in the job interview process where "we'll follow up in a couple weeks" DOESN'T mean "we're not interested and you'll never hear from us again"?

That's usually how it goes (but not always). <_< Runs right up there with, "He/she is no longer employed by us" = "We fired him/her." Don't you just love political correctness in this instance?

Had to spend nearly an hour in the dentist's chair tonight, and have two more appt's to go. :censored:

I was informed that today was the deadline for a project that I hadn't even started yet (long story). I've been in all out super speed mode working on it since the start of the day and just finished it. This may have been some of my finest work ever. I'm amazed at how quickly I was able to put this together. One problem: we're missing one minor detail that we don't have anywhere in our records. So now I have to send out random emails asking for this information, all while playing the "if/when will these people respond, and do they actually have the info" game. I'm completely convinced that I will be stuck sitting here until 9, doing absolutely nothing but waiting for an email. It's the most minor detail possible, yet completely vital for completion.

Had something similar (sorta) happen last Thursday. They call us all to the main office to go over reports and expectations for the next stage of this project we are working on. The reports are a little complicated, so they say "go back to your branch and run the reports now while it's fresh in your mind, and if you have any questions, call one of the three people who gave the presentation." No word of needing to report the numbers from this complex report by a certain time, nothing. So we get back, have trouble with the report, and make the appropriate calls, but no luck reaching anyone. We follow with emails. Nothing.

End of the day comes (a little early for me, a little before 4) and I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth (dentist appointment after work) and a coworker comes in. Seems the VP downtown is on the phone and needs the numbers NOW. :censored: me. To top it off, he jokingly asks my coworker "does he always leave in the middle of the day like this?" :censored: me twice. I get him on the phone, explain the situation and that I am on my way to the dentist, and he seems to understand.

Fortunately my counterpart on the project took care of him and the reports while I was in the chair getting my mouth worked over.

Bombs away! :)

Don't mind if I do! I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of any Sabres game in several weeks due to this exam I'm taking Friday. My brain is frickin fried and I'm ridiculously out of shape. With playoffs around the corner and some nice spring weather, all shall soon be well.

Overuse?

I wish I could point to one thing, like ######, as the cause but I don't really know what brings the inflammation on. Doc says the bone in my wrist is abnormally shaped which is the underlying reason.

So I can't work from Wednesday to Monday. I've been pulling 14-18 hour days for years now. I have no idea what to do with myself.

Complaints for this Thursday--my Jessica is still dead, I'm in constant pain because I broke my back 9 years ago in my lumbar region, I'm out of pills and can't get another prescription until April 19th, I'm 35 years old and my stomach is covered with ulcers, I'm epileptic and have rheumatoid arthritis and sciatica, bone spurs in my elbows, cant afford any new tattoos yet, the brakes on my van are still not fixed, but hey, let's get wasted and have a good time! Celebrate and be thankful! Splendor and bounty cornucopia blblblbluh....

Mine are government-related (but whose complaints aren't these days).

The US Census - 6 pieces of paper all to tell them there are two white people living in my house. I realize it may not be feasible for everyone, but has the government not heard of doing this online?

The whole health care debate. The majority of people that oppose this are Republicans or people who voted for McCain. They only oppose it because a Democrat President proposed the legislation. Our country is falling apart because our leaders do things just because the other party disagrees with it. I hate politicians.

Mine are government-related (but whose complaints aren't these days).

The US Census - 6 pieces of paper all to tell them there are two white people living in my house. I realize it may not be feasible for everyone, but has the government not heard of doing this online?

The whole health care debate. The majority of people that oppose this are Republicans or people who voted for McCain. They only oppose it because a Democrat President proposed the legislation. Our country is falling apart because our leaders do things just because the other party disagrees with it. I hate politicians.

Politicians are scum that rose to the top by clinging to the other scum. I'd rather watch wrestling, at least it's understood from the beginning that it's fake! The government is the real life WWE, if you can even call it real life.

Friggen oaks have finally dropped all their leaves, so I will spend 2 hrs today raking and bagging leaves..isn't that a fall chore :wallbash: Add to that the 10 hrs I will spend mulching this weekend, and its is times like this I wonder why in the world do I not live in the city with no yard instead of god forsaken suburban ###### :death:

I couldn't have said it any better.

Oh Moriarty with the negative waves... Our country is doing fine despite the politicians... Yes we are in a downturn, but it has been in a lot worse spots and the American public has the uncanny ability to just ignore Washington and move on. The only reason it is even in our consciousness now is that CNN, FOX and MSNBC bombard us with it.... Turn off the political TV and stick to hockey. It is a lot more productive. I know, I use to work on Capitol Hill.

We're all doomed anyway. In the next few years over half the world's population is going to be dead or missing. Ship's going down, let's enjoy the ride! Don't let the beast steal your soul.

:o

Tell me...where is over half the world population going? I'm not being sarcastic...I just want to know what you think.

People who latch onto a word and find the need to work it into every conversation or email. I have a coworker who loves to use the words vetted/vetting which you never heard used much in the past. Just say you "reviewed" it and lets move on. :wallbash:

Also, if I searched this thread, I'd probably find that I complain about this a LOT, but get rid of the freakin' penny. I'm sick of give a penny/take a penny and even worse, cashiers who round up or down your change to avoid handing out pennies. On a related note...stop making paper dollar bills. The reason why the 1 and 2 dollar coins have never taken off is because they keep churning out the paper.

:o

Tell me...where is over half the world population going? I'm not being sarcastic...I just want to know what you think.

Frankly, people are going to be dead from war, poisoning, disasters or whatever else comes our way. As for the missing people, I mean like stranded on newly formed bodies of land or islands after catastrophes, cut off from the rest of the world. A couple years ago David Rockefeller made a speech about population control.

That's not the only thing that fuels my theory. The Georgia Guidestones in Elberton, GA of all places, have a complete rundown (in like 12 different languages) of the world's ruling classes plans to depopulate the earth, and put in place a one world government and universal "living language" Also, endless war, pollution, "natural" disasters are escallating. I like this guy's little video about them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D-NWDuZZ-k I really don't want to keep going on about this, but I can. People will think I'm crazy

I just had a phone interview for a job. The interview itself seemed fine, but the woman I talked to was in France and wasn't very confident in her English. That much is ok, but she was on a speaker phone and I was on a cell phone. You know that slight background sound you always get from a speaker phone? Combine that with a language barrier and it makes for one awkward conversation. There will be follow up from someone in the States soon, so that much is good.

Blue, I'm aboslutely sick of the pile of pennies I have built up on my desk back home. I keep getting more and more and it will never stop. I have fallen in love with those self checkout lanes at places like CVS though. Any time I know I'm going there, I'll grab a big handful of change and pay for half of my purchase in pennies. It's a slow process, but hey, it keeps me out of the office a little bit longer.