Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This is what I heard from two guys within earshot of me at last nights game...

- F*** him up Roy

- I don't care if you score a goal Mair, just f*** him up

- You suck you idiot(every time a Sabre made a bad pass or shot the puck wide)

- Hey Black Ice(Referring to Grier. I don't get it).

- You suck <insert player name>! Get off the ice!

- When a person a few rows away got up to leave with 1 minute to go...."Sit down ######!!!!"

Repeat some variation of the above for 2-1/2 hours. Quite possibly the most annoying people I have ever encountered at a game.

:angry:

How much had they been drinking? Sounds like a guy who wants to sound like he's tough at a hockey game.

I'm a season ticket holder at Union College (Div I in Schenectady, NY). It's toned down over the past few years, but the group of people in the rows behind us (also ST holders) constantly kept yelling "Shoot it!!!" any time a Union player so much as touched the puck. They couldn't understand why they just didn't keep shooting the puck at the net. Any time a line change was desperately needed and they were carrying the puck out of the defensive zone, the folks couldn't understand why they didn't start an offensive rush.

I think they're more educated about the game now (hence the toning down), but my Lord...

[snip]

Repeat some variation of the above for 2-1/2 hours. Quite possibly the most annoying people I have ever encountered at a game.

We ran into a pair of annoying hecklers like that last month at a Lake Erie Monsters game (and I apologize if this a re-posted complaint). First one was a grown man-child who was developmentally disabled, who kept screaming "Detroit sucks" in his high falsetto voice - even though the opponent was not from Detroit or even the state of Michigan. After a few instances of this screaming the drunk douchebag a few rows back decided to start heckling the man-child. Classy.

Then, for the next 2 1/2 hours we were subjected to the worst heckling I have heard, courtesy of the drunk douchebag. All he had in his bag of tricks was a limited repertoire of gay jokes (mostly aimed at the opposing goalie) and making fun of the opposing goalie's mask, which was purple with the HOLLYWOOD sign across the top. Kept saying things like "you're pretty" to the opposing goalie and "oh, that was close" when he'd make a save.

So my complaint is this - if you're gonna heckle - do some damn homework and come with some fresh, funny material. Don't repeat the same unfunny crap all game long. If not, the rest of your section should be allowed to forcibly remove you.

Okay, here goes, I'm really getting tired of wannabes (wiggers if you will but I don't prefer that term as it's a substitute for n######). One person I work with, one I hear on the radio and one who waits on me at the local convenience store. All three have two things in common: they are rednecks and they talk with a blackcent.

If I have to hear words like Tim Hortons pronounced "Tim Hor-ehns" one more time, I'm going to flip the ###### out!!!

- F*** him up Roy

- When a person a few rows away got up to leave with 1 minute to go...."Sit down ######!!!!"

Was there a Sabrespace gathering that I was unaware of?

I know the timing of this complaint is off a bit with what is coming up this weekend, but the weather out here has been absolutely horrible. I feel like we had a year's worth of rain in the month of March (lousy smarch weather). Thank god that month is gone, but I don't exactly have high hopes for April.

- F*** him up Roy

Where were you sitting? That would have pissed me off after a while.

I have a complaint that on the last work day before a long weekend, while the weather is nice and the Sabres are winning, nobody uses the damn complaint thread. No cheating spouses? No raging cases of saber-toothed crotch crickets? Not even a hangnail?

Bugs. All types. But especially the flying ones. Weather gets warm and gotta ruin it with bugs.

Every year I hold out hope that this will be the year spiders and insects and the like don't survive (whatever the ###### they do during) the winter. To ###### with the catastrophic impact on the ecosystem and foodchain blah blah blah. I don't want the little ###### scurrying around!

Oh, and when I leave the apostrophe out and type "dont", Chrome's spell checker suggests only "font", "dint", "don", "dot" and "donut". Really? You can't figure out what I'm trying to type?

when u type "donut" does it suggest "Koharski"?

I have a complaint that on the last work day before a long weekend, while the weather is nice and the Sabres are winning, nobody uses the damn complaint thread. No cheating spouses? No raging cases of saber-toothed crotch crickets? Not even a hangnail?

It's going to be beautiful outside this weekend, but the ground will probably be way too wet for most outdoor activities.

Spent about 3 hours today replacing the cam position sensor and the crank position sensor on my 01 Cavalier. Yes, it's got 165K miles on it, and yes, it's old and crappy. I only bought it for the good gas mileage, and the plan all along has been to give it to my nephew when he turns 16, so don't rag on me for owning it.

That being said, holy ###### is it hard to get at those little bastards. Why do they put them in a place where you have to remove all kinds of stuff to get at them? Dammit man! Anyway, after a trip to Autozone to clear the codes, the check engine light is gone. Should've been waaaaay easier than that!

How much had they been drinking? Sounds like a guy who wants to sound like he's tough at a hockey game.

I'm a season ticket holder at Union College (Div I in Schenectady, NY). It's toned down over the past few years, but the group of people in the rows behind us (also ST holders) constantly kept yelling "Shoot it!!!" any time a Union player so much as touched the puck. They couldn't understand why they just didn't keep shooting the puck at the net. Any time a line change was desperately needed and they were carrying the puck out of the defensive zone, the folks couldn't understand why they didn't start an offensive rush.

I think they're more educated about the game now (hence the toning down), but my Lord...

When people start yelling shoot, I start yelling "PASS!" over and over again, as loud as possible. It usually shuts em up.

When people start yelling shoot, I start yelling "PASS!" over and over again, as loud as possible. It usually shuts em up.

I yell "pass" in the offensive zone, but yell "shoot" when the team is in the defensive zone, especially when they're behind their own net.

Power steering fluid is leaking in my car. Mechanic gave me the old "I wouldn't put any money into it." At least they're honest. But if I could buy a new car right now, would I be bringing this clunker in for repair?

Anyone have any luck with the power steering stop leak stuff? They said the cooler line and maybe a hose are cracked.

Okay, here goes, I'm really getting tired of wannabes (wiggers if you will but I don't prefer that term as it's a substitute for n######). One person I work with, one I hear on the radio and one who waits on me at the local convenience store. All three have two things in common: they are rednecks and they talk with a blackcent.

If I have to hear words like Tim Hortons pronounced "Tim Hor-ehns" one more time, I'm going to flip the ###### out!!!

Ink,not to be insensitive here, but I believe you are the guy who was upset at me for the use of the word "spoda" when I thought it was a simple slang/contraction of supposed to, and you thought it was racially derogatory term. Maybe I am wrong,and I prooly am, and I know you post here way more than me, but maybe you are a little sensitive??? BTW, i have never heard of this term wiggers, but again I am a 47 year old white guy living in suburbia so I am not the hippest guy in the world.

Power steering fluid is leaking in my car. Mechanic gave me the old "I wouldn't put any money into it." At least they're honest. But if I could buy a new car right now, would I be bringing this clunker in for repair?

Anyone have any luck with the power steering stop leak stuff? They said the cooler line and maybe a hose are cracked.

The stop leak stuff will only help if its a seal in the pump. It won't really help if it's a hose thats cracked.

I may be off base here...but can't you just put a new cooler line and hose on?

Ink,not to be insensitive here, but I believe you are the guy who was upset at me for the use of the word "spoda" when I thought it was a simple slang/contraction of supposed to, and you thought it was racially derogatory term. Maybe I am wrong,and I prooly am, and I know you post here way more than me, but maybe you are a little sensitive??? BTW, i have never heard of this term wiggers, but again I am a 47 year old white guy living in suburbia so I am not the hippest guy in the world.

It's definitely a real term. I really haven't heard it much in the last 10 or so years though.

A friend of mine has a facebook message up saying that he got engaged. I have no idea whether to believe him or not seeing as how it is April 1st.