Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Who says parents MUST pay for their kids' college educations? What ever happened to student loans or military academies? It seems like an unwritten rule these days where parents feel the HAVE to do it. I wonder what my dad would've said if I told him he MUST pay for my college.

###### off comes to mind....

I know parents feel they have to do the right thing, but I see so many people bankrupting themselves and so many kids that don't care about anything anyway. I hope you're not one of them, Blue! Good luck with that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm willing to help out with some of the costs, but by no means do I have the financial wherewithal to write a blank check to any college in the nation. My post was aimed at, regardless of who is paying, the costs are soaring!

My daughter is in 10th grade and I have started just casually looking at college tuition. Niagara 35k and Canisius 40k per year! :sick:

Thank god for SUNY.

And if she's anything like her father, she's not exactly scholarship material. ;)

Hard to tell. Right now she is majoring in facebook with a minor in texting and another minor in teenage boys. :cry:

How have you never told us that d4rksabre is your daughter.

A file called backdoor.tidserv is on my other computer now, along with TrojanVundo. Backdoored with a trojan, crap.

That vundo thing seems to be all over the place (you've been busy). I've seen that name mentioned a bunch of times.

That vundo thing seems to be all over the place (you've been busy). I've seen that name mentioned a bunch of times.

d4rksabre and teenage boys? You can get arrested for that.

So I'm transforming a room in my house into a playroom for my kids. I was putting some shelves together and accidentally knocked the lamp over in the middle of the floor and broke the bulb. It was a compact fluorescent bulb, which I find out after the fact has mercury in it, although it's a miniscule amount. My wife flips out because mercury can be very bad for kids and I ended up having to get the carpet replaced doubling the cost of changing the room. That doesn't even contemplate the cost of the fact that she went through the entire house and threw out all of our fluorescent light bulbs and replaced them with incandescents.

So I'm transforming a room in my house into a playroom for my kids. I was putting some shelves together and accidentally knocked the lamp over in the middle of the floor and broke the bulb. It was a compact fluorescent bulb, which I find out after the fact has mercury in it, although it's a miniscule amount. My wife flips out because mercury can be very bad for kids and I ended up having to get the carpet replaced doubling the cost of changing the room. That doesn't even contemplate the cost of the fact that she went through the entire house and threw out all of our fluorescent light bulbs and replaced them with incandescents.

That's not very green of her. Wow, today's parents are way too protective. I realize they have to be, but I remember riding on the back shelf of the Mercury and flying off when mom stopped too fast. Kids are so protective they can hardly function when they grow up. Just a general observation. She put the lamp there so you'd break the bulb and she'd make you change the carpet. The whole thing is that she didn't like the carpet! They're sneaky, I tell ya!

I'm also chz.

d4rksabre and teenage boys? You can get arrested for that.

wait, inky is a teenager?

my complaint is that i dropped a crate on my hand today at work and destroyed a nail so bad I had to do the old hot paperclip trick to let all the blood out. :censored:

and then i had to clean my kitchen counter and wall. it was a squirter. :sick:

My daughter is in 10th grade and I have started just casually looking at college tuition. Niagara 35k and Canisius 40k per year! :sick:

Thank god for SUNY.

I'm right there with ya Blue. My eldest daughter is also a sophomore and she's been getting mail daily from colleges. It's time to start looking i guess. WOW. Tuition is crazy, for sure. Seems like most colleges financial aid packages are need based. If you make less than 60k, it's practically free. Less than 120k and it's greatly reduced. Over that, you're on your own LOL !

OMG when we were kids my uncle had a vial of Mercury and we thought it was so cool to dump it in our hand and roll it around and watch it form and break apart into little balls and re-form into bigger balls. (balls of MERCURY folks...stand down).

I should probably be dead right now?

Well I went to pick up my daughter from ballet at 9pm and I had to put it in 4wd. :death:

Roads are crap and it's really coming down. I think all the plows/salt trucks have been put away. My hubby doesn't get out of job #2 until 11. He's got an hour drive and I already have a headache worrying...

What a way to start spring break.

Another night in the dentist's chair...temporary crown put on while the permanent one is made...and to top it all off the TV in the exam room was locked on Nickelodeon, forcing me to endure nearly 90 minutes of "The Nanny."

On vacation with the family at a place where the food is just awful. It was included in the cost of the trip, and to leave the hotel requires an expensive cab ride, so we're kinda stuck eating here. It's really amazing how bad it is -- there are like 5 different restaurants, and they're all pretty bad, for all 3 meals in the day. My daughter loves pancakes and most desserts, but she won't eat them here. She keeps asking when we can go to McDonalds because we saw one on the way from the airport.

One silver lining: tripadvisor.com really nailed it -- the reviews (including as regards the food) were spot on -- so I have more confidence in it as a resource for future planning.

This is what I heard from two guys within earshot of me at last nights game...

- F*** him up Roy

- I don't care if you score a goal Mair, just f*** him up

- You suck you idiot(every time a Sabre made a bad pass or shot the puck wide)

- Hey Black Ice(Referring to Grier. I don't get it).

- You suck <insert player name>! Get off the ice!

- When a person a few rows away got up to leave with 1 minute to go...."Sit down ######!!!!"

Repeat some variation of the above for 2-1/2 hours. Quite possibly the most annoying people I have ever encountered at a game.

:angry: