Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I want to complain about the boxing judges. Are they even watching the fights? Seriously! The scoring is so out of whack in some of the bouts that it's ridiculous. You know there's a lot of pissed off boxers out there watching their fight tapes wondering what the hell happened. :thumbdown:

I don't know why anything that has judges (maybe boxing would be the exception) is included in the Olympics. Judging seems so arbitrary and inconsistent, and it opens itself up to corruption.

Oh, and that rhythmic gymnastics crap I caught on the tube this morning? Wow. Thank God we've got that, badminton, speed walking and BMX biking in these games, and that games with true winners/losers like baseball and softball are being bumped from the next Olympiad.

Oh, and what's the deal with creepy people? Seriously. I'm glad tomorrow is my last day at work, cuz they hired this new guy last week and he weirds the :censored: outta me! :ph34r:

Hmmm, I just started a new position a few weeks ago and find one of my coworkers extremely strange... :ph34r:

I have to tell you, as a Canadian, this is one of the main reasons other countries want yours to fail. It's an arrogance that goes beyond normal. The CBC commentators obviously want Canadian athletes to do well but when they don't, they don't make excuses. They really do call the games fairly, giving the kudos to those who deserve it. They don't make excuses or complain.

That's because the Canadians aren't expected to do well. ;)

I don't know why anything that has judges (maybe boxing would be the exception) is included in the Olympics. Judging seems so arbitrary and inconsistent, and it opens itself up to corruption.

Oh, and that rhythmic gymnastics crap I caught on the tube this morning? Wow. Thank God we've got that, badminton, speed walking and BMX biking in these games, and that games with true winners/losers like baseball and softball are being bumped from the next Olympiad.

How about trampoline? I was more fascinated with how high they could jump prior to beginning their routine. I think that would make for a better competition...highest height wins! :D

I'd much rather see the BMX biking instead of equestrian. At least the bikers actually power the thing they're riding. I really hope they put the medal around the horse's neck at that ceremony.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't bitch about nice things usually but this one gets to me every time.

I call up one of these "call centers", whether it's for credit cards, phone, car loans, investments, etc., the person on the line is very nice (and fewer from India nowadays) but at the end of the call, by which time you really want to get off the phone, they ask "is there anything else we can help you with today"

No thanks. "well now you have a good rest of your day" okay "and a good weekend" OKay "do you need a confirmation number?" NO!!! now say goodbye and stop asking me stupid questions that are eating up more of my day and sucking me into a big black hole of niceties and making me feel bad for wanting to hang up on you but you are so nice I can't so ok ok ok (as I slowly go to hang up phone while saying goodbye)

A nice "is there anything else" and then goodbye. Stop making it the "no you hang up first", "no You" thing.

To feel my frustration CLICK HERE

Ever been hired for a job and go to your first day or orientation and training and the job is completely different from the job ad, description and what the interviewer told you? Happened to me this week. What a waste of time.

Working for Kirby sucks, doesn't it? :thumbsup:

Just to make it clear before I get hounded. I didn't go into teaching for the vacations or the idea of it being an "easy job." I knew before hand if you wanted to be a good teacher you would have to work hard.

I hate it when people complain that teaching isn't a "real" job because its a 10 month job, or when they complain that their tax dollars are paying for us year round (i.e. my 12 paychecks instead of 10). Well, screw you all! I've done manual labor jobs... I've done office jobs... Nothing is more "real" thank teaching. its a 24/7 job that requires lots of physical strength, stamina, mental toughness, emotional stability, and self confidence. I've busted my butt lifting stuff for a foreman, and i've done office jobs that deal with lots of money transfers. I'm not discounting your jobs, but if you can find a job more demanding than a pre k autistic teacher, which is what I am, i'll sell you a bridge in brooklyn, and yes, that includes white collar jobs just as it includes the guys taring the roads in the dead of july.

That's because the Canadians aren't expected to do well. ;)

Burn.

Actually they are expected to do well in certain sports. Kinda' like the US is expected to be able to pass a baton without dropping it.

Like I read before. The Summer Games for Canadians are just training sessions for the real games. The Winter Games.

Burn.

Actually they are expected to do well in certain sports. Kinda' like the US is expected to be able to pass a baton without dropping it.

Like I read before. The Summer Games for Canadians are just training sessions for the real games. The Winter Games.

Ouch :o

Oh and I almost forgot

Pommers isn't re-signed for 09 yet. :chris:

I really hate stupid truck drivers. For example, let's go on about one of my conversations today...

I send a driver a message on his qualcomm in his truck saying: Hey, I have a hauling permit for you. Please send me back a fax number so I can send it to you.

Instead of sending a message, he calls. This is the beginning of the big waste of time. It becomes apparent that he has not received my qualcomm yet, and is just calling in to see if I have his permit.

I, of course, reply: Yes, where would you like me to send it?

To which he replies: I'll send you a number in a little bit on the qualcomm. I'm about 40 minutes away from a truck stop.

And as we are ending the waste of time conversation, I hear his qualcomm beep in the background that my original message has arrived.

WTF??!? If you didn't have a fax number in the first place, why the hell did you call? Call me back when you have one!

The best part of it all is, after we finished this conversation that made me upset, and he got my qualcomm, he felt compelled to send a message back saying: "Ill send you a number in a little bit" even though we had literally just hung up the phone discussing this very thing.

I hate it when people complain that teaching isn't a "real" job because its a 10 month job, or when they complain that their tax dollars are paying for us year round (i.e. my 12 paychecks instead of 10). Well, screw you all! I've done manual labor jobs... I've done office jobs... Nothing is more "real" thank teaching. its a 24/7 job that requires lots of physical strength, stamina, mental toughness, emotional stability, and self confidence. I've busted my butt lifting stuff for a foreman, and i've done office jobs that deal with lots of money transfers. I'm not discounting your jobs, but if you can find a job more demanding than a pre k autistic teacher, which is what I am, i'll sell you a bridge in brooklyn, and yes, that includes white collar jobs just as it includes the guys taring the roads in the dead of july.

I don't get upset about arguing teaching jobs with people on the basis that their job is any less hard than anyone elses...anyone arguing that point would just be ridiculous. Teaching is certainly a tough job, probably one of the toughest.

I have however had NUMEROUS teachers complain to me about how they can't take vacation during the school year, and they can't just take off whenever they want. This I have absolutely no use for. you get 2 and a half friggin months off a year, during prime vacation season. If you can't get your fill of relaxation then, you probably need to be kicked in the nads.

Ever been hired for a job and go to your first day or orientation and training and the job is completely different from the job ad, description and what the interviewer told you? Happened to me this week. What a waste of time.

My wife had this happen to her. She took a job thinking that she would be talking and being a friend to the elderly at an old people's home. It was explained that you would be someone to keep them company in the evenings, and paid pretty decent to do so (for a part time job, anyway).

Well, turned out the REAL job description was giving baths and changing depends....ALL NIGHT...

She was out of there before her first shift was over.

Working for Kirby sucks, doesn't it? :thumbsup:

Not as bad as MegaMaid, but at least the job didn't blow. ;)

post-327-1219373156_thumbjpg

Did you confront the person who hired you about it?

I did, but I had to do it tactfully and tried to bow out gracefully, because this organization is well-known and has a lot of local business and community leaders heavily involved in it. I didn't want to go out guns blazing and burn any other bridges in the community.

I know ticket scalpers aren't on par with rocket scientists BUT...

I went down to the Buffalo Bisons game last night and was going to scalp a couple of tickets. Box office price ticket prices are 7.50, 9.50 and 10.50. Keep in mind that when the scalpers are buying Bison tickets, they are paying a couple of bucks per ticket, if that.

So I go up to a scalper who had to have at least 100 tickets in his hand. I ask how much for a pair and he says $10 each. Box office price? I told him I'd give him $10 for a pair and he walks away from me. His buddy down the street, gives me the same price and attitude. WTF? I said $10 for 2 or I buy at the box office. He laughed at me. :blink:

PS The silver lining and why Buffalo is the city of good neighbors. As I am walking away from the second scalper(who by the way is trying to tell me the game is sold out :lol: :lol: ), the couple and their kids who are walking next to me, gave me two tickets including tickets for a free hot dog and pop. I tried to give him some money twice as we walked and he refused both times. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have yet to figure out ticket scalpers. There are always plenty here in Memphis at the AAA baseball games and college football games. Neither are ever close to sold out and scalpers are generally demanding box office prices until after the game starts. Unless you are running late and want to avoid a line at the box office I can't understand paying the same price to a scalper.

I have an abnormal complaint. Hurricane Gustav is projected to enter the Gulf of Mexico and they have a "projected path." As of now, Gustav is "projected" to hit eastern Louisiana. I live in Biloxi, MS and it's about 75 miles from New Orleans. My main complaint is that people are already panicing. Dr. Lyons, from the weather channel, told people not to panic. When they try to predict 72 hours ahead, they could be 300 miles off the expected location or impact. Lyons was simply saying wait until it reaches the Gulf. Prepartion is FINE, but panicing right now is not. I was here when Katrina hit and my house was flooded. For things to operate smoothly people need to stay in a rational state of mind. They should not panic.

Hot of the presses...

Worked late last night, tried to sleep in a little this morning. Was kindly awakened by my cell phone going off a few minutes ago. Didn't recognize the number on the caller ID, but since the wife and little one are traveling this week I answered it without thought. Phone line had enough static so I could not understand what the woman was saying - she must have been calling from inside a tunnel underwater - so the line went dead after about 20 seconds.

A little Google search on the number reveals that I was awakened by a telemarketer/fundraiser soliciting for something or another. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: