Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I hate giving work to this guy who works under me because he wastes time all day and comes in an hour and a half late on a regular basis.

I don't know how people can live by coming in that late all the time. I've only been a half an hour or more late maybe 3 or 4 times in the year and a half I've been at my job.

I hate lazy people I work with who will not do their job, but won't explain the reasoning behind being a lazy POS

I may have more later depending on how the day goes

Perfect example yesterday. We have a can for trash (food waste), a can for plastic/aluminum, and a can for glass only. The stewards take the cans when they are full to the dumpster area to empty and bring back. In the meantime, if there is two of the three cans present, people will just throw food atop the glass or plastic in the trash. And they give me an excuse of there is no system! when I watch them throw anything anywhere :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: These people have been working here all summer!

One thing about summer help. I understand it is not your "chosen" profession, and you are going to school to become something something something. In the meantime, you are here and if this is the energy and self motivation you exude now I hope to god you got something else in the tank. good Luck with your "real job" <_<

My only complaint right now is that labor day weekend isn't until next weekend. Have another full week of work coming up. This blows. At least tomorrow is Friday...

Just started fall ball and I am coaching a t-ball team for 1st time(my son is on it), I cannot believe parents sign up their 3 1/2 yr olds to play t-ball and worse the league let them (4-6 yr old league). I was working with one of 3 1/2 year olds in catching drill and I smelled dirty diapers, kid can barely talk... No way this kid asked to be on a t-ball team totally on the parents ......... :blink:

In my hockey game on tuesday night, a teammate made an unexpected turn in front of me when I was crashing the net. We were lined up perfectly for a knee-knee collision. I thought I side stepped it just enough to avoid anything serious and it ended up being a very minor collision... or so I thought. I woke up yesterday and couldn't bend the knee without sharp pain. But since I'm so stubborn, of course I ended up playing again last night.

But really, how the hell did I end up hurting myself when I originally thought I had avoided the collision completely? Knees suck.

• Like (+1) 1

I hate "show and tell" meetings at work where we go around the table and every talks about what they are working on, but no one is held accountable for what they say. No meeting minutes, no follow-up, nothing. It is like when you were in kindergarten and everyone sat in a circle, brought in their favorite toy and talked about it(hence the "show and tell" nickname I have given these meetings).

Complete f***ing waste of time.

Ever been hired for a job and go to your first day or orientation and training and the job is completely different from the job ad, description and what the interviewer told you? Happened to me this week. What a waste of time.

Also pissed that the US softball team lost in the GM game.

I'm refraining from using the word "choke" because while I think it's appropriate, I'm getting my azz kicked over on TSW for using that word. Even though we lost to a team that we had beaten twice in this Olympics. And haven't lost a game since 2000. And carried a 0.00 ERA into the GM game but allowed 3 runs on 5 hits. And made two errors, loaded the bases with one out in the sixth but couldn't score a run.

In my hockey game on tuesday night, a teammate made an unexpected turn in front of me when I was crashing the net. We were lined up perfectly for a knee-knee collision. I thought I side stepped it just enough to avoid anything serious and it ended up being a very minor collision... or so I thought. I woke up yesterday and couldn't bend the knee without sharp pain. But since I'm so stubborn, of course I ended up playing again last night.

But really, how the hell did I end up hurting myself when I originally thought I had avoided the collision completely? Knees suck.

Has Tim Connolly not taught you anything? :)

Ever been hired for a job and go to your first day or orientation and training and the job is completely different from the job ad, description and what the interviewer told you? Happened to me this week. What a waste of time.

I wonder if teaching can fall into that category. It's certainly not what I expected it to be. :doh: Career change is on the horizon...

Just to make it clear before I get hounded. I didn't go into teaching for the vacations or the idea of it being an "easy job." I knew before hand if you wanted to be a good teacher you would have to work hard.

I wonder if teaching can fall into that category. It's certainly not what I expected it to be. :doh: Career change is on the horizon...

I've been in jobs where the actual work didn't meet my expectations, or my initial responsibilities were slightly different than I expected. But this was night-and-day different - like being hired for a management position and instead serving as a secretary.

I find this interesting, as one of my choices for a career was teaching; which I ruled out. Kinda wondering why you are.

I have a strong passion for history. I love to study it and discuss it. A number of kids today are hard to reach or inspire. I'm either going to the college level or find a business administration position.

I have a strong passion for history. I love to study it and discuss it. A number of kids today are hard to reach or inspire. I'm either going to the college level or find a business administration position.

I think you'd be happier with college level, especially at a college with a good history dept. In most colleges if a student is taking history, it's because he or she wants to. You'll still have a few that don't care. But for the most part I think that if you like teaching, you'll enjoy the college level more as far as actually educating the people you talk at.

I think you'd be happier with college level, especially at a college with a good history dept. In most colleges if a student is taking history, it's because he or she wants to. You'll still have a few that don't care. But for the most part I think that if you like teaching, you'll enjoy the college level more as far as actually educating the people you talk at.

Bingo on the reason I'm thinking about moving onto the college level. :thumbsup:

There are a few administrative positions that are available for me, but I'd have to move a number of hours away to get one of them. It's a MAJOR decision and I'm taking some time to think about it. My wife says I need to hurry up and make a decision and I agree w/ her 110%.

Bingo on the reason I'm thinking about moving onto the college level. :thumbsup:

There are a few administrative positions that are available for me, but I'd have to move a number of hours away to get one of them. It's a MAJOR decision and I'm taking some time to think about it. My wife says I need to hurry up and make a decision and I agree w/ her 110%.

Yeah, you wanna get out of highschool before you're stuck for the coming year. No sense in suffering any longer.

My complaint for the day.

Why can't the US Commentators in the Olympics, along with their special ex-Olympians/coach/etc colour commentators just accept it when the US team or athlete loses??

Case in point. When the 2 gymansts tied the other night, the gold went to the Chinese girl by virtue of tie-breaking rules. The rules were not made up on the spot. So because the US girl got the bump, it was a travesty. It was why oh why are these the rules? But if it were the other way around, it would have been just fine.

I have to tell you, as a Canadian, this is one of the main reasons other countries want yours to fail. It's an arrogance that goes beyond normal. The CBC commentators obviously want Canadian athletes to do well but when they don't, they don't make excuses. They really do call the games fairly, giving the kudos to those who deserve it. They don't make excuses or complain.

I want to give props to the girl who didn't receive the baton, but turned around and picked it up and finished the race, even though they were dq'd. But truthfully, there was no sadness on my part that the US mens/womens 4x100 didn't qualify. I shudder to hear the excuses Costas comes up with tonight.