Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I've been saving this one up. I like the freecreditreport.com commercials where the dude sings. But I guess I overanalyze things. I can't just enjoy the catchy tunes.

Why does he end up serving chowder and ice tea because his identity was stolen?

How would knowing his girlfriend's credit was "whack" ahead of time have kept him and her from living in the basement at her mom and dad's?

• Like (+1) 2

I've been saving this one up. I like the freecreditreport.com commercials where the dude sings. But I guess I overanalyze things. I can't just enjoy the catchy tunes.

How would knowing his girlfriend's credit was "whack" ahead of time have kept him and her from living in the basement at her mom and dad's?

Yeah, that's true. Does that mean that he wouldn't have married the girl and found someone with good credit instead?

My gripe this week is with people who look at your tee shirt and feel compelled to read it out loud. I find it very annoying. So what if I have a $3 shirt from Las Vegas? What do you gain from reading the words "Las Vegas" aloud?

They say a man should always dress for the job he wants.....

Who the hell says that? That just seems like a pretentious thing to do, esp. if you want to be and aren't a policeman yet.

I have always wondered the same thing. Is he stuck paying off the bills the identity thief racked up? His credit cards told him "Fraud? We ain't got no stinking fraud provisions. You pay what's on the account, now."

As for the girlfriend - her credit was torched by "defaulting on one old credit card?" Really? And if he ran the credit beforehand, he would have ditched his "dream girl" before getting hitched because of one mark on her credit report? Nice guy.

Maybe if he got a real job instead of serving chowder and ice tea and spending the rest of his time jamming with his loser friends they could afford a better place to live.

Here's my pet peeve of the complaint bonus hours:

People who ride the brakes down any decline or hill.

I'm not talking going down a mountain, but people around here burn out their brake lights riding the horizontal pedal going down any slight decline. Meanwhile I'm behind them and doing my best not to rear-end them as they erratically and randomly pump the brakes.

I swear I'm gonna start doing a little NASCAR rubbin' on some of these people's back bumpers and see if they get the point.

I'm not talking going down a mountain, but people around here burn out their brake lights riding the horizontal pedal going down any slight decline. Meanwhile I'm behind them and doing my best not to rear-end them as they erratically and randomly pump the brakes.

I swear I'm gonna start doing a little NASCAR rubbin' on some of these people's back bumpers and see if they get the point.

People (and web sites) who underline text that is not a hyperlink. I just tried to click on

People who ride the brakes down any decline or hill. I got nothin'. Disappointing.

• Like (+1) 2

Another pet peeve:

People who click wildly hoping that any underlined text is a hyperlink, and is not just plain old underlined text.

But I cleaned it up for the Internet-impaired.

Okay, I know the Michael Phelps is big news and all, but does ESPN have to throw it on their breaking new ticker before the race airs on NBC. Some of us want the drama when they watch the race, I don't want to wait. Wait till the race airs before you go flashing the results! I have learned my lesson and avoid ESPN now while I'm waiting, but still.

I absolutely can't stand the male color commentator for gymnastics. The sound of his voice criticizing every small detail nonstop throughout the competition drives me nuts. Also, I know the Chinese are really good at gymnastics, but how many times does this guy have to compliment them? Considering this is broadcasting in the U.S. I would hope for the red white and blue. I often think of R.J. replacing this dude and saying something productive, how about: "Flo Flo Flo Flo Flo Flo Floor Routine."

Also, those Chinese female gymnasts don't look 16 at all.

Slow down, don't follow so close. There's almost no place you're going that wont be there in another five minutes.

As to my complaint... WTF... it's Thursday already?!?!?

This Thursday sucks because I know I'm going to lose 50 bucks tomorrow night player texas hold em'. At least the beer and wings, for the quick exiters, will be free. So maybe this Thursday is looking good after all!

Slow down, don't follow so close. There's almost no place you're going that wont be there in another five minutes.

I'm not talking about tailgating because I'm in a hurry. I'm not a tailgater and I hate people who do that to me. There are a lot of hills around here, and when the weather is good, probably 99% of the people drive the same way down them - coasting most of the way, and tapping the brakes occasionally to keep the speed from getting out of control. So when grandma starts riding her brakes all the way down the hill, it forces everyone to do the same thing - so not only am I concerned with rear-ending her, but someone behind me not paying attention and blasting me.

How am I supposed to tell the difference?

Here's a hint - when you hover your pointer over underlined text and the pointer doesn't change from the arrow to the finger, that means it's probably not a link. ;)

I'm not talking about tailgating because I'm in a hurry. I'm not a tailgater and I hate people who do that to me. There are a lot of hills around here, and when the weather is good, probably 99% of the people drive the same way down them - coasting most of the way, and tapping the brakes occasionally to keep the speed from getting out of control. So when grandma starts riding her brakes all the way down the hill, it forces everyone to do the same thing - so not only am I concerned with rear-ending her, but someone behind me not paying attention and blasting me.

Here's a hint - when you hover your pointer over underlined text and the pointer doesn't change from the arrow to the finger, that means it's probably not a link. ;)

Yeah, but how about when people brake while going uphill? :wallbash:

Yeah, that's true. Does that mean that he wouldn't have married the girl and found someone with good credit instead?

My gripe this week is with people who look at your tee shirt and feel compelled to read it out loud. I find it very annoying. So what if I have a $3 shirt from Las Vegas? What do you gain from reading the words "Las Vegas" aloud?

Don't where a T-Shirt that can be read. Or put a disclaimer at the bottom saying "don't read out loud"

People who put "grandma" and "rear-ending her" in the same sentence.

I DON'T WANT TO HOVER MY POINTER OVER UNDERLINED TEXT TO SEE IF IT'S A LINK. ALL UNDERLINED TEXT ONLINE SHOULD BE A LINK.

I got your finger right here.

• Like (+1) 2

Another pet peeve:

People who click wildly hoping that any underlined text is a hyperlink, and is not just plain old underlined text.

But I cleaned it up for the Internet-impaired.

Aren't those the people who lead to that damn fairy link being posted non-stop over at TSW?

don't even mention that effing "grandma got rear-ended by a reindeer" song. another month or two and we'll have to hear that crap all the time.

That reminds me that the big run-up to holidays infuriates me. Our Tops store has a big scarecrow display with candy. Not exactly pimping it as a Halloween promotion per se, but how else can it be interpreted? It's August!

It's "got run over by a reindeer" I think. You must be listening to the rap version.

• Like (+1) 2

On the Olympic note: The instant replay judges in gymnastics. Why are you a judge if you can't 'judge' for yourself? We sit around waiting and waiting for scores while they watch replays of the event to make sure it's technical enough, talking back and forth on phones, arg :chris: arg