Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Hot of the presses...

Worked late last night, tried to sleep in a little this morning. Was kindly awakened by my cell phone going off a few minutes ago. Didn't recognize the number on the caller ID, but since the wife and little one are traveling this week I answered it without thought. Phone line had enough static so I could not understand what the woman was saying - she must have been calling from inside a tunnel underwater - so the line went dead after about 20 seconds.

A little Google search on the number reveals that I was awakened by a telemarketer/fundraiser soliciting for something or another. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

the do not call list expires this year and you need to re-signup. add the cell, home all numbers to it.

the do not call list expires this year and you need to re-signup. add the cell, home all numbers to it.

We've already got all our cell numbers on there, but that wouldn't have mattered this morning since it was a "fund raiser" which probably falls under the charities exemption.

Besides, the FTC changed the rule so the DNC list does not expire.

This may have already been posted but since it happened to me again this morning it bears worth repeating.

When driving and making a a right onto a busy multiple lane boulevard into a break in cars in that right lane with more than enough room for me to make posted speed before the person in that lane would hit me, they proceed to speed over the limit and pass me on the left only to pull in front of me in the right lane with barely enough time to slow down/stop to make a right... :wallbash:

Hot of the presses...

Worked late last night, tried to sleep in a little this morning. Was kindly awakened by my cell phone going off a few minutes ago. Didn't recognize the number on the caller ID, but since the wife and little one are traveling this week I answered it without thought. Phone line had enough static so I could not understand what the woman was saying - she must have been calling from inside a tunnel underwater - so the line went dead after about 20 seconds.

A little Google search on the number reveals that I was awakened by a telemarketer/fundraiser soliciting for something or another. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I get daily calls at my office phone with a recorded message telling me that the factory warranty on my car is about to/has expired. That's news to me, especially since I don't have a car. I also get ones warning me about the high payments and interest rates on my credit card. Then there's the weekly call to schedule the installation of my new direct tv system.

I never get actual human messages, so I can't tell these idiots that they have the wrong number and to stop calling me. Even then, I wouldn't want to go through that hassle since I'm actually supposed to be doing work. I wish they'd just give me a new office number so I could start from scratch. I get so few work related calls anyway. I think my boss is about the only person who actually has this number.

• Like (+1) 1

I want to complain about how out of shape I am. I went skating last night for the first time since may and my legs are damn sore. This sucks!

Is it considered out of shape to walk a dog roughly 3 miles a day and feel like Kathy Bates went "Misery" on my legs?

What is the proper etiquette in regards to high beams and walkers? It seems like 75% of drivers keep their high beems on, blinding said pedestrian for the next 30 minutes. I would like to think the proper thing to do would be dim them until passing the walker but is their a difference of opinion? Do people keep them on as to see the pedestrian better?

You mean the calves can't handle a 3 mile walk? :o

The calves could probably handle 30 miles, it's the joints in the knees and ankles. I think it has something to do with the lack of arch support in my footware but I really don't know. :unsure:

What is the proper etiquette in regards to high beams and walkers? It seems like 75% of drivers keep their high beems on, blinding said pedestrian for the next 30 minutes. I would like to think the proper thing to do would be dim them until passing the walker but is their a difference of opinion? Do people keep them on as to see the pedestrian better?

The high beams should be turned off - but often by time you see a pedestrian there is little time to turn them off (especially if the car is speeding.)

I get daily calls at my office phone with a recorded message telling me that the factory warranty on my car is about to/has expired. That's news to me, especially since I don't have a car. I also get ones warning me about the high payments and interest rates on my credit card. Then there's the weekly call to schedule the installation of my new direct tv system.

I never get actual human messages, so I can't tell these idiots that they have the wrong number and to stop calling me. Even then, I wouldn't want to go through that hassle since I'm actually supposed to be doing work. I wish they'd just give me a new office number so I could start from scratch. I get so few work related calls anyway. I think my boss is about the only person who actually has this number.

My wife's home office line gets those calls all the time. Really annoying - especially when they call after hours and start yelling the message onto the answering machine.

My wife's home office line gets those calls all the time. Really annoying - especially when they call after hours and start yelling the message onto the answering machine.

I wish I'd actually get some yelling. That would mean its a real person on the line and I could tell them "stop calling me or I'll kill you". I'm sure that would be effective.

• Like (+1) 1

I wish I'd actually get some yelling. That would mean its a real person on the line and I could tell them "stop calling me or I'll kill you". I'm sure that would be effective.

I hear you. Just this week I have Honda calling to ask if my latest service appointment was okay. Only its a recorded message the first time. The second time I see them on the caller id and pick up, no one there. I use the caller id to call them back. I get a recorded message "This is Honda, we were calling you about your recent service appointment but are unable to talk to you right now" and then roughly "If you do get a hold of us you can tell us to stop calling you". Yeah, like that'll ever happen. :ph34r:

I bought a new house in May, and constantly have solicitors ring the door bell. ADT is the biggest one, I was gonna get a security system through them, but since they keep hassling me, I'm not going to now. The worst solicitors are the one's from the State Trooper, Police, Sheriff's & Firefighter Associations. If you give money to one, all of them will call you within days bugging you for a donation.

As for scalpers, the one's in DC are crooks. They'll tell you a price, and after you bargain down and settle on a price, they want more for a tip. Here's a tip, Don't eat yellow snow.

It's not yelling per se, it's a recorded message that has the volume cranked up more than a normal human voice - like those annoying TV commercials that come on blaring during breaks.

I think the phone has some sort of "smart volume" filter on it and I think some of the telemarketers' technology screws it up.

How come they never eat a proper meal in Jerry Seinfeld's apartment?

This has been bothering me for years.

Did all their eating in Monk's coffee shop, the Chinese restaurant yada yada yada...

Did they ever actually eat in the Chinese restaurant?

Cartwright!

Good question.

Course we can't forget Poppy's place, the Soup Nazi's place, the restaurant where Jerry takes Man-Hands, the club where Jerry loses the Friar's jacket...

You mean like the ones with

BILLY MAY!?

I don't know how that guy hasn't started pimping some sort of herbal throat remedy by now. With all the yelling he does it's a perfect fit.

You mean like the ones with

BILLY MAY!?

Kaboom! It's Billy Mays

"Get on the ball and you'll never pour or measure detergent again!" Look at the whites they get whiter! Look at the brights they get brighter!

he either needs rehab for his crack addiction or a tranquilizer dart in his arse.