Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I get daily calls at my office phone with a recorded message telling me that the factory warranty on my car is about to/has expired.

I just got another one of these calls. I have asked numerous times to be removed from the list. Usually they just hang up on me. Today, I threatened them with legal action if they don't stop calling. The person on the other end could not have cared less. :angry: Isn't there some number in NYS you can call to report these idiots?

Those stupid Nationwide TV commercials where some jackass stands there and watches their friend or coworker's car get destroyed in the most improbable of circumstances and don't even tell them that their new car is being wrecked.

Not to mention the whole idea behind the commercial - that the insured's car insurance would have to pay for the damage to their vehicle caused by a stranger dropping a TV on the car roof from three stories up...

I just got another one of these calls. I have asked numerous times to be removed from the list. Usually they just hang up on me. Today, I threatened them with legal action if they don't stop calling. The person on the other end could not have cared less. :angry: Isn't there some number in NYS you can call to report these idiots?

ask and you shall receive dear sir: https://www.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx

Those stupid Nationwide TV commercials where some jackass stands there and watches their friend or coworker's car get destroyed in the most improbable of circumstances and don't even tell them that their new car is being wrecked.

Not to mention the whole idea behind the commercial - that the insured's car insurance would have to pay for the damage to their vehicle caused by a stranger dropping a TV on the car roof from three stories up...

The one I don't like is the one at the bank where the kid keeps launching objects at / into the guy's car. Sans container to create seal in system, no vacuum. Sans vacuum, nothing is going anywhere. And how the frig did the kid get the terminal of the pneumatic system to be directed at the car, when 5 seconds earlier the "pig catcher" was aligned vertically?

Sorry, but some stoned marketing dude saying "wouldn't it be cool if ..." where ... is some form of "the laws of physics/thermodynamics do not apply" when it isn't some sort of fantasy situation (wherein the laws of physics/thermodynamics are on occassion intentionally voided) is ANNOYING. (No offense to any stoned marketers that may be reading this. B-) )

And getting back to the original rant, why the heck doesn't the idiot in the car move it after the 1st thing hits the car? Or at most, why doesn't he move it after the 2nd thing hits it? His car gets hit with about 5 different things (counting the mortar barrage of coins as one thing).

The one I don't like is the one at the bank where the kid keeps launching objects at / into the guy's car. Sans container to create seal in system, no vacuum. Sans vacuum, nothing is going anywhere. And how the frig did the kid get the terminal of the pneumatic system to be directed at the car, when 5 seconds earlier the "pig catcher" was aligned vertically?

Sorry, but some stoned marketing dude saying "wouldn't it be cool if ..." where ... is some form of "the laws of physics/thermodynamics do not apply" when it isn't some sort of fantasy situation (wherein the laws of physics/thermodynamics are on occassion intentionally voided) is ANNOYING. (No offense to any stoned marketers that may be reading this. B-) )

That's another one that gets me. Why the hell doesn't the guy drive away from the tube? Why does he sit there and let the kid keep pelting his car with stuff? Where is the kid's mother? Or anyone in the bank?

And IIRC, it's a car insurance commercial. Why would the customer's car insurance have to pay that? I'd be willing to be the bank would be on the hook for the damages.

Stupid ad execs.... :wallbash:

You getting those at home or at work?

home number and cell number(which is business & personal).

Wow. Never got them at home or on the cell, but the wife's home office lines gets them all the time.

The home is definitely a violation if you're on the DNC list, and the cell should be a violation as well. I think the only lines exempt from the DNC list are true business lines.

Wow. Never got them at home or on the cell, but the wife's home office lines gets them all the time.

The home is definitely a violation if you're on the DNC list, and the cell should be a violation as well. I think the only lines exempt from the DNC list are true business lines.

I checked just now. My home number was already registered and I added my cell number to the list.

I think the only lines exempt from the DNC list are true business lines.

My family only has cell phones and we never had really had a problem since we signed up on the DNC list.

Now if I could only get these baby mommas to stop callin me. It's like they think I owe them somethin. Here's what's up beyotch, you had fun that night too. :thumbsup: Damn baby momma drama. :rolleyes:

I have an abnormal complaint. Hurricane Gustav is projected to enter the Gulf of Mexico and they have a "projected path." As of now, Gustav is "projected" to hit eastern Louisiana. I live in Biloxi, MS and it's about 75 miles from New Orleans. My main complaint is that people are already panicing. Dr. Lyons, from the weather channel, told people not to panic. When they try to predict 72 hours ahead, they could be 300 miles off the expected location or impact. Lyons was simply saying wait until it reaches the Gulf. Prepartion is FINE, but panicing right now is not. I was here when Katrina hit and my house was flooded. For things to operate smoothly people need to stay in a rational state of mind. They should not panic.

At least it's Dr. Steve Lyons and not that Dr. Heidi "I'm causing global warming because I'm so full of hot air" Cullen making the hurricane call.

That's another one that gets me. Why the hell doesn't the guy drive away from the tube? Why does he sit there and let the kid keep pelting his car with stuff? Where is the kid's mother? Or anyone in the bank?

And IIRC, it's a car insurance commercial. Why would the customer's car insurance have to pay that? I'd be willing to be the bank would be on the hook for the damages.

Stupid ad execs.... :wallbash:

It's called "sake of argument." It's one of those goofy little non sequiturs that we know wouldn't happen in real life...or would it?

If I get one of those calls, I'm going to offer to take them out to eat. However, there's only one item on the menu and it's Scottish Haggis.

Hot of the presses...

Worked late last night, tried to sleep in a little this morning. Was kindly awakened by my cell phone going off a few minutes ago. Didn't recognize the number on the caller ID, but since the wife and little one are traveling this week I answered it without thought. Phone line had enough static so I could not understand what the woman was saying - she must have been calling from inside a tunnel underwater - so the line went dead after about 20 seconds.

A little Google search on the number reveals that I was awakened by a telemarketer/fundraiser soliciting for something or another. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

sorry man that was me i'll take you off the list.

got up late today no f'n parking spot at the train station. Had to be the guy that parks on the white lines at the end of the row.

Ok, aside from my follies, here's a legitimate complaint.

As a truck driver, I come across the occasional inconsiderate 4-wheelers out there who, no matter how many times my turn signal is turned on to get around a pokey, ignore me and impede my progress. This happens quite a bit whenever I see said offenders with tags from Alabama, Florida, and North Carolina...especially in NC!!! :angry:

I am disappointed the Olympics are already over. I watched more tv in the last 2 weeks than I watched in the last two years.

I am disappointed the summer is already almost over.

I am sickened by the fact that for absolutely no reason I can ascertain I have been getting a total of 20 minutes sleep each of tthe last two nights. I just lie there awake. I get up to use the bathroom and check the alarm to see there is 30 minutes left on it only to fall asleep as soon as I get back from the bathroom...

ok a little late, last night we went to the Bills-Lions game, so we could check out our new seats for this season... standing in line to get a drink and these little punk teenagers keep pushing the smallest one into my back in an already crowded area.... let the first one slide, second time i said something nice and the third time i promised to make sure one of them ended up in the big puddle of rainwater next to me..... not sure if i should feel bad cause they were teens or just obnoxious little idiots that need to learn behavioral skills--- and I know it was kids day but it didn't make it any better

:censored:

I hate that I spent close to $200 per child for school supplies and still the school sends notes home asking for $5 for this or $10 for that at least once a month (and with 4 kids that adds up) through out the year. What exactly does the school provide since my school taxes are so high here? My oldest daughter is a junior in high school and every year during this first week she comes home to tell me, "I need $16 for this workbook that is required for class and $14 for this one." If it is required for class, provide the damn things! This is not a college that relies on tuition and book store sales to finance the school, it is a public high school!

:angry: