Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Work has become burdensome. Earlier this year I boasted how I really liked what I do. Most of that sentiment is gone. It's been 17 long years and it seems like the writing is on the wall.

The company is run by the nephew of the owner. He has carte blanche with no experience running a business or in the industry. We have ridiculously antiquated equipment that we are asked to get "world class" production out of. The machines can't do it. So we throw bodies at the issues trying to inspect our way to a quality product. Thats no way to run a business.

The owner won't invest in the machinery we need because no one can demonstrate a quick enough ROI. My job has come under fire because as the quality manager I'm the bullseye for the quality issues we produce. We are below industry standards for defect rates despite having inferior equipment, horrendously designed packaging that only a fool would try and use, about 400 different products some of which we run one day a year, and personnel that are completely uninterested in anything concerning work.

I'm also seriously underpaid for my position. Most quality managers in companies this size make 50-100% more than I make. Maybe its time to move on before they make that decision for me.

I think it might be. And you should do it before your kid is in school and making friends and stuff.

You're a guy who gives a crap about his job, his company, and his employees. There's a company out there somewhere that wants people like you. You've got the experience.

Sorry, man. No shame in what you're feeling. I've cried for days for my cats.

When my cat eventually dies I promise I'll be worthless for days. Ugh.

Adult roommates has been a good prequal to having children aka I'm never going to have children ###### these people.

Adult roommates are much worse than children. You can ground your children. You can send them to their room.

However, you can punch an adult roommate in the head when they're being a .

...well, now I'm torn

I'm the sort of fellow who tries not to complain much but I am compelled to do so today. I finished up a one of kind project a few weeks ago(I fully intend to eventually post some pics) and after a few weeks rest I've moved on to the next one. The company has two young guys as our foreman which is fine other than the fact that they don't know their from holes in the ground. As the senior guy, union steward and local officer(that these guys have elected to represent them) I have finally seen more than my patience can handle and layed down the law this morning. There is no more stupidity allowed on my site. I have the authority to send you down the road if need be and I have absolutely no fear in doing it. If you don't like it or me then don't vote for me next time. Simple . I absolutely do not care. I'd like to stay alive the 11 years until I can collect my pension. No more heads up around me!! Wake the F up!!! If I suddenly disappear from this site it is most likely because some F'n idiot F'n killed me on a job site!

Well, that was way harder than I expected. To think a 4 lb little nothin' could turn a 200+ grown assed man into a blubbering idiot just shows you what a big personality she had.

Rest in peace, we will miss you.

attachicon.gifXena.jpg

A little late, but my condolences, Swamp. I had to put down my little 13-year-old, 15-pound shih tzu about 7 years ago and it still brings a tear to my eye.   (btw, how do I simply insert a jpg image into this???)

I'm getting the overwhelmed feeling at work - all sorts of projects at the same time that one manager gives me more work than the guy I actually report to. I declined a meeting from the first boss because I had a conflict and I think they took a serious issue with that (as in, "how dare you decline my meeting, since my stuff is more important than everything else").

:censored:

Edited by Buffalo Wings

One of our engineers is leaving. We've known about it for months. No one has been hired to fill his spot. :wallbash:

Pfff, we do this every day. Frustrating, ain't it? One of my friends fired himself 2 days ago. He won't be replaced for at least another month.

My complaint today: Myself. My driving habits are becoming more and more expensive. I drive way too fast. The roads around here are absolute trash and me flying on them isn't helping the longevity of my tires. My tire guy is an acquaintance from work and he got me a $300 rebate because my tires only had 16,000 miles on them before I shredded them. But this was still a pretty expensive lesson. Speed is my outlet. I apparently need a new one.

One of our engineers is leaving. We've known about it for months. No one has been hired to fill his spot.  :wallbash:

everyday occurrence where I work.  They take the "split his duties amongst the rest" stance.  Yes, it improves our profit margin, but it takes a hell of a toll on the rest of us...

You guys don't know how good you have it. Try working for Uncle Sam. Even if we know somebody is leaving on a certain date we are not allowed to even request a replacement until their first day gone. We then have to fill out the paperwork to get the position filled. It has to get approved through our chain and then our department bosses have to forward the request to HR. They have to do their thing and it takes a few days to actually post the position. The position has to be posted for something like 10 days and then it takes another week or so for them to do initial background checks and whittle the applications down to the top 10 or so. We get the packets and then we can call them to schedule interviews and the interviews must be at least a week out from the date we're calling. After interviews we have to fill out selection paperwork that has to get approved through our chain so they can forward it to HR and have them do more extensive background and reference checks and offer the person the job. If they accept we still can't even let them start until a new pay period which can be anywhere from 1-13 days (because of another bs regulation or maybe payroll isn't smart enough to know how to prorate a paycheck, who knows) and when they do finally start all employees are required to first take a 3 day indoctrination training/new employee boot camp conducted by HR. Getting a replacement in within a month would be about as quick as we could possibly hope for, and that's if the stars align and they are able to offer a candidate the job, they accept, and the calendar lines up right.

Edited by Drunkard

You guys don't know how good you have it. Try working for Uncle Sam. Even if we know somebody is leaving on a certain date we are not allowed to even request a replacement until their first day gone. We then have to fill out the paperwork to get the position filled. It has to get approved through our chain and then our department bosses have to forward the request to HR. They have to do their thing and it takes a few days to actually post the position. The position has to be posted for something like 10 days and then it takes another week or so for them to do initial background checks and whittle the applications down to the top 10 or so. We get the packets and then we can call them to schedule interviews and the interviews must be at least a week out from the date we're calling. After interviews we have to fill out selection paperwork that has to get approved through our chain so they can forward it to HR and have them do more extensive background and reference checks and offer the person the job. If they accept we still can't even let them start until a new pay period which can be anywhere from 1-13 days (because of another bs regulation or maybe payroll isn't smart enough to know how to prorate a paycheck, who knows) and when they do finally start all employees are required to first take a 3 day indoctrination training/new employee boot camp conducted by HR. Getting a replacement in within a month would be about as quick as we could possibly hope for, and that's if the stars align and they are able to offer a candidate the job, they accept, and the calendar lines up right.

at least you have a process...our management team thinks it's ok to not fill crucial positions.

We just can't get anyone decent because we don't pay enough.

Over the course of 9 months, I helped make a major game.

On Tuesday night, 30 minutes before I had to leave, they told me I have to flip the entire UI (which took months to do) and reskin all the characters by... tomorrow. Friday. 

I kinda like the challenge but also... wow... I'm not sure I can physically pull this off.... months of work in 3 days... 

at least you have a process...our management team thinks it's ok to not fill crucial positions.

I hear you, man. I bet like you said it's just a scam on their part to see if they can split up the work amongst the rest of the department, especially if you are salaried. They don't care that it keeps everyone away from their families, they are thinking about how to spend their bonus for slashing 40-50k from payroll.

Job postings that say one thing, then you go to the interview, and they're really quite another.

And now, as I try to export assets and sort this massive mess out.... the people I need to communicate with all left for the bar.

Love my job. Love it. :death:

Advice: bring the bar to you. I'm only half joking. That's a pretty impossible situation you're in right now.

To any of the MDs on here or anyone who works with an anesthesiologist, the next time you are near one, can you kick them right in the dick for me?

No matter how many times we are reassured (even face to face with the douche himself) that everything is covered by insurance whenever we have something done for my daughter (which is several times a year), these funkin' iceholes ALWAYS send us a bill that is unbelievable.

It's systemic and borderline criminal, if not actually criminal.

######'em!

Try working for a company where the qualified people that leave don't get replaced :p

To any of the MDs on here or anyone who works with an anesthesiologist, the next time you are near one, can you kick them right in the dick for me?

No matter how many times we are reassured (even face to face with the douche himself) that everything is covered by insurance whenever we have something done for my daughter (which is several times a year), these funkin' iceholes ALWAYS send us a bill that is unbelievable.

It's systemic and borderline criminal, if not actually criminal.

######'em!

Just call the number on the bill and tell them you can't pay it and say all you can afford is 20 bucks per month. After a few months they may even get sick of processing such a small payment and may even forgive the bill. I've seen it happen to people I know.

Try working for a company where the qualified people that leave don't get replaced :p

They eventually get replaced but I never said they were qualified, ha ha!

Edited by Drunkard

Just call the number on the bill and tell them you can't pay it and say all you can afford is 20 bucks per month. After a few months they may even get sick of processing such a small payment and may even forgive the bill. I've seen it happen to people I know.

They eventually get replaced but I never said they were qualified, ha ha!

My wife and I deal with more in one week than most people deal with in an entire year. I'm not going to add one more thing every month until some douche decides they have had enough. I'll just pay it and tell them to go themselves.

My wife and I deal with more ###### in one week than most people deal with in an entire year. I'm not going to add one more thing every month until some douche decides they have had enough. I'll just pay it and tell them to go ###### themselves.

I hear ya, man, but if you really want to tell them to go themselves don't pay it at all and take the credit hit. Sometimes it's worth it ou of principle.

Winning! Survived to whine again tomorrow!

In all seriousness, super dangerous trade combined with a growing need for peeps=sketchy. The worst part and biggest complaint I have? The head foreman(from out of town and dude I am steward to keep in check) looks just like Marchand...an even bigger rat though.

Winning! Survived to whine again tomorrow!

In all seriousness, super dangerous trade combined with a growing need for peeps=sketchy. The worst part and biggest complaint I have? The head foreman(from out of town and dude I am steward to keep in check) looks just like Marchand...an even bigger rat though.

:lol:

Glad you're staying safe out there.