Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My lender submitted an appraisal order on 7/5, and on 7/8 they gave him a delivery date of 7/25. Ugh. Fast forward to this week, and my lender and I are both ticked because the appraiser still hasn't gone to do the inspection and they aren't responding to his calls requesting an update. Finally this morning they tell us the inspection is scheduled for Sat. morning and their boss told them it has to be back by 7/25. If it comes in any later week have to postpone our scheduled closing on 8/2, which I really don't want to do because I need to decide whether to give 60 days notice at my apt or just pay $2000 to break my new lease in Sept. This bozo appraiser is charging $750 for taking 3 weeks to get the job done, and if they half-ass the report and don't take good comps because they're in a rush, I'm gonna be pissed.

Were you nervous or worried about that?

The only thing I was nervous about the lack of training was that I was working at an airport.  

Lucky the guys in the warehouse that had 10 + years of experience helped me out a lot.    

As for job security , they didn't fire me after 6 months ( my probation period) so I knew I was good.   

They actually fired 10 other people back in  2008 with  10 + 20 + years of experience and I was like what the hell ?  But it was 2008 , start of crisis, people had to go.

I would have been the cheapest but I was the only one after only 6 months that could mulitask different tasks from all the departments they merged.

Still here 8 years later, Seen to many good people walk away and to many idiots I have to work with :(

Is it time to look for a new job when you dread coming in every day to the point of mini-migraines? I really can't stand the open-cubicle environment we have now - very distracting and difficult to work in. Plus the room is hot. And before you tell me, putting my earbuds in and cranking the music doesn't help. Let's not forget the one manager who loves to micro-manage everything I do and I technically don't even report to this person.

And Vesey still isn't signed.

You can't rent a Segway in NYC.  Central Park would be perfect for them, but no.

I have set my new high water mark for the price I paid for a cheeseburger...  $30 (Top of Freedom Tower)..  Aye chi wah wah NYC can be expensive.  Been here the last week with the family.  Dropping crazy dollars for everything..  I do love this city though...

Edited by wjag

You can't rent a Segway in NYC.  Central Park would be perfect for them, but no.

I have set my new high water mark for the price I paid for a cheeseburger...  $30 (Top of Freedom Tower)..  Aye chi wah wah NYC can be expensive.  Been here the last week with the family.  Dropping crazy dollars for everything..  I do love this city though...

Yes it can be, did you check out the subway museum in Brooklyn Heights... kids luv it, Train to Coney island for NY Aquarium, lots of neat churches with art exhibits. Ferry to Staten Island is free, goes right by Statue of Liberty. The intrepid is cool to by if you get nauseous stay away from the flight simulator. goes upside down.

Going for a cystoscopy today... and despite being a med prof, when its me Im like a dig at a vets, my kegs start shaking.

Yes it can be, did you check out the subway museum in Brooklyn Heights... kids luv it, Train to Coney island for NY Aquarium, lots of neat churches with art exhibits. Ferry to Staten Island is free, goes right by Statue of Liberty. The intrepid is cool to by if you get nauseous stay away from the flight simulator. goes upside down.

Done pretty much all of those things over the years.  We try and come twice every year, usually in spring and fall when temps and crowds are lower. Last year and this year we had reasons to be here for ten days each.  We try and do something different every day,  Heading to Coney Island tomorrow.. Trying to talk my kids into walking across the Brooklyn Bridge.  They're not biting.

Done pretty much all of those things over the years. We try and come twice every year, usually in spring and fall when temps and crowds are lower. Last year and this year we had reasons to be here for ten days each. We try and do something different every day, Heading to Coney Island tomorrow.. Trying to talk my kids into walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. They're not biting.

The Bridge is cool do it, the NY metro museum is a couple of blocks past the mall and CT Houses. Borrow Hall was my Great Grand Father's Court House. Old NY Supreme Ct. Edited by North Buffalo

The Bridge is cool do it, the NY metro museum is a couple of blocks past the mall and CT Houses. Borrow Hall was my Great Grand Father's Court House. Old NY Supreme Ct.

Cool...  Thanks! ...  We rode bikes around Central Park and up and around Harlem..  Loved the park and loved exploring Harlem on bike.  But since this is the complaint thread, I'll bring it back to topic.

Some of the NYC Central Park bikers, the serious ones, can be completely obnoxious tools.  You know who you are.  The ones that spend a fortune on bikes, helmets and clothing.  Most people are tourists, renting bikes for a couple of hours.  They may not be familiar with the rules, lanes and directions.  I saw numerous examples of these tools yelling at people, including families with little kids who might be going the wrong way or causing some other supposed infractions. Ease off the insults fellas (and of course all the examples I cite/saw were guys) and be a bit more understanding that not everyone has your level of enthusiasm. 

Edited by wjag

Done pretty much all of those things over the years.  We try and come twice every year, usually in spring and fall when temps and crowds are lower. Last year and this year we had reasons to be here for ten days each.  We try and do something different every day,  Heading to Coney Island tomorrow.. Trying to talk my kids into walking across the Brooklyn Bridge.  They're not biting.

The walk across the bridge is fantastic. We did it in late afternoon a few years ago and the light coming through Manhattan was spectacular.

Shin splints. Not a fan.

And when the hell did socks become so small that unless they are sliding off your heel they are too high?! I hate the feel of my shoes on my ankles!

Yeh part of the muffy and Dave tennis design crowd.... hate them too.

I had a handful of students today who didn't know how to fill out a return address on an envelope. I know most things can be done electronically, but man, this seems like pretty basic knowledge to possess. Maybe I'm just getting older than I'd like to admit?

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I had a handful of students today who didn't know how to fill out a return address on an envelope. I know most things can be done electronically, but man, this seems like pretty basic knowledge to possess. Maybe I'm just getting older than I'd like to admit?

Wrote thank you cards for my graduation the other month. I had to look up how to format it. Must have been the first time in 10 years that I've written a letter

Ever since I moved into my house 3 years ago, I've had to write my return address. It's getting annoying. Come on St Judes/humane society/some cancer awareness group! Send me one of those sticker packets with my address printed on them! Save me 10 seconds when I mail out a mother's day card.

What's an envelope?

Ever since I moved into my house 3 years ago, I've had to write my return address. It's getting annoying. Come on St Judes/humane society/some cancer awareness group! Send me one of those sticker packets with my address printed on them! Save me 10 seconds when I mail out a mother's day card.

Right before our wedding we bought a stamp with our name and address for ease of completing the return address on letters. Saved me plenty of four letter words when we sent out 200+ wedding invites/save the dates/thank yous.

Submitted my buyback claim stuff for VW today. Buybacks should go live October 18th and I should be able to turn the car in around November. 

Meanwhile, I have to figure out how to buy a used second car before winter. Not making payments on a car I'm going to give back would be nice.  <_<

Shin splints. Not a fan.

As someone who has periodically suffered from shin splints, I cannot recommend these enough: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15281146

I originally bought a pair to combat a calf cramping issue, but they also did wonders for shin splints when I last had them--made running tolerable. 

I hate waiting in medical waiting rooms.

I'm posting this from a medical waiting room.

Well my wife is back from her cataract surgery and sleeping it off.  She can already see better than ever with that eye.

Glad she's okay!

Mine for the week?  My dad and stepmom found out on Monday that they're getting kicked off Medicaid effective 7/31.  The reason?  Now that she's getting unemployment benefits they make "too much money" to qualify.  Let's recap:

- My dad has been fully unemployed and on either disability or social security since July last year because he was unable to work while going through cancer treatment, recovery, and now jaw reconstructive surgery

- My stepmom was laid off in November and given a 7 month lump-sum severenace package, and she only just became eligible for unemployment in July.  Her benefit is about $1300/mo BEFORE taxes.  She's been looking for work all along, but so far, nothing.  (Doesn't help that she's 54.)

- They are both on several medications, and hers alone would could them $1300/mo without insurance.  He's still got several doctor's appointments and follow-up care scheduled that would need to be canceled if they're truly ineligible.

They were able to submit an appeal to keep their insurance until a hearing to make their case, but they have yet to find out when that might be.  I don't know how it is that the R's can keep screaming about moochers abusing the system, because they legitimately need this and are getting forcibly thrown off the plan.   :censored:

Oh, and icing on the cake?  She had applied to a local training program that would teach people how to do coding and place them in well-paying internships afterwards for guaranteed job experience.  It's competitive and they do several rounds of tests and projects to narrow it down before the actual program starts in Sept.  She found out last Friday that she didn't make the last round of cuts.