Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

It's not really in the same class, but the Subaru Outback is quietly gigantic inside.

Sloping rear windows: I don't know for sure, but I think that many manufacturers are using varying levels of the "Kammback" design. The link below talks about it, but essentially if you take a streamlined tear-drop shape and cut the long tail off at a certain point, you still get most of the aero benefits without having a car that's 30 ft long.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kammback

I seem to remember a few years back, d4rk and I were playing the "if people we knew were cars, what would they be" game, and everyone you liked was a station wagon of some variety. I, I believe, was given the title of early 90s Audi station wagon or something. True love, I know. 

So.... get a Holden Ute shipped over from Australia or something. I know you love goofy borderline homely things <3 

but yeah, if the Ram truck doesn't work out (careful, I'm going to want to steal it a lot until I get my own pickup), the Outback (if you can get an older one in good shape that ISN'T one of the new suburban housewife sensory deprivation box on wheels) is a potentially decent choice for our lifestyle. 

It's not really in the same class, but the Subaru Outback is quietly gigantic inside.

I'll take this opportunity to acknowledge that those Subaru radio spots make me want to punch that car company in the face. Repeatedly. Until my bruised and raw knuckles meet with the the feeling of squishy death.

Okay. A little over the top. But, man - those ads just piss me off.

Knowing him he will forget about me after 20 seconds as well hahahhahha.  Out of curiosity, what kind of dogs?  My great dane only wishes I would drop her off for doggy daycare but I looked into the fees and told her sorry, I'll walk you when I get home hahahaha.

I've got a lhasa-shih tzu mix (11 year old girl, but acts like she's 4) and a purebred shih tzu (6 yeard old boy)...a couple of ankle-biters. The boy loves day care, but the girl would rather stay home.

Lets see how many words for you? ... 

1992 Acura Legend LS ...  :flirt:

Is that 2, 3, 4, or 5+ words?

:w00t:

Sloping rear windows: I don't know for sure, but I think that many manufacturers are using varying levels of the "Kammback" design. The link below talks about it, but essentially if you take a streamlined tear-drop shape and cut the long tail off at a certain point, you still get most of the aero benefits without having a car that's 30 ft long.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kammback

I like Subarus. I would probably look at one. Josie drives an Impreza. I have at times found their seats to be uncomfortable, so I would probably have to opt for a more premium model. I'm also not the biggest fan of the direction Subaru has taken their styling. They're getting kinda bloated and American looking. 

I seem to remember a few years back, d4rk and I were playing the "if people we knew were cars, what would they be" game, and everyone you liked was a station wagon of some variety. I, I believe, was given the title of early 90s Audi station wagon or something. True love, I know. 

So.... get a Holden Ute shipped over from Australia or something. I know you love goofy borderline homely things <3 

but yeah, if the Ram truck doesn't work out (careful, I'm going to want to steal it a lot until I get my own pickup), the Outback (if you can get an older one in good shape that ISN'T one of the new suburban housewife sensory deprivation box on wheels) is a potentially decent choice for our lifestyle. 

Ugh. The Ute. Bestill my heart. 

holden-ve-ute-review-6-big.jpg

:w00t:

I like Subarus. I would probably look at one. Josie drives an Impreza. I have at times found their seats to be uncomfortable, so I would probably have to opt for a more premium model. I'm also not the biggest fan of the direction Subaru has taken their styling. They're getting kinda bloated and American looking. 

Ugh. The Ute. Bestill my heart. 

holden-ve-ute-review-6-big.jpg

Once the primary reasons to emigrate to Austrailian (or NZ) would be to get a new El Camino.

Once the primary reasons to emigrate to Austrailian (or NZ) would be to get a new El Camino.

There's a guy in Rochester who has a gray market one. It's titled as a Pontiac G series since the platform is basically the same. They swap the Holden bits onto the Pontiac chassis and boom.

There's a guy in Rochester who has a gray market one. It's titled as a Pontiac G series since the platform is basically the same. They swap the Holden bits onto the Pontiac chassis and boom.

That makes sense, the big G-series was essentailly a Holden Monaro. I'm still a little mad at GM for that one, they brought over a cool but very dowdy car and then used that for an excuse that Americans don't like RWD sedans or some nonsense.

That makes sense, the big G-series was essentailly a Holden Monaro. I'm still a little mad at GM for that one, they brought over a cool but very dowdy car and then used that for an excuse that Americans don't like RWD sedans or some nonsense.

And anyone who knew what those cars were underneath knew they were great.

Today my cousin passed. He was old and ill, but it is still a sad time. He was the kindest man, a gentle soul. Holley was mentally handicapped, and as a child he was my favorite grown up- we saw the world the same way.

He was always waiting at the bottom of the mountain (tennessee) to greet you on a visit, and would run to the bottom to be the last to wave goodbye. Didn't matter the weather, or his age. Just so happy to see you. 

I sure hope he's at the top of that mountain in the sky as they say, and I'll see him again one day. 

Here he is back in the 1960s, working the mules on the farm. I have a lot of neat old photos with him in them. gDxgP2t.jpg

:(

Why don't you just keep it if you like it?  You don't have to trade it.

Revisiting this, one detail I'm starting to hear is that there wont be a buyback for leases, simply an out-clause letting me cancel my lease as it sits if I don't want to get it fixed. On top of that, it looks like the time frame to get the car fixed or turn it in will be something like 2 years. So I might be able to continue leasing my car without getting it fixed, use the entirety of the decision period to decide if I want to cancel my lease, and then put the car through the ringer before dumping it back on VW a few months before my lease is up. It essentially becomes a rental car. 

If that is a possibility, I absolutely will keep it as long as I can before running away from it as fast as possible and never looking back. For me, that would be even better than a flat out buyback. 

Today my cousin passed. He was old and ill, but it is still a sad time. He was the kindest man, a gentle soul. Holley was mentally handicapped, and as a child he was my favorite grown up- we saw the world the same way.

He was always waiting at the bottom of the mountain (tennessee) to greet you on a visit, and would run to the bottom to be the last to wave goodbye. Didn't matter the weather, or his age. Just so happy to see you. 

I sure hope he's at the top of that mountain in the sky as they say, and I'll see him again one day. 

Here he is back in the 1960s, working the mules on the farm. I have a lot of neat old photos with him in them. gDxgP2t.jpg

I really like that turn of phrase. I'm going to use that.

Sorry for your loss.

Now for my meaningless complaint - private utility companies that used to be public utilities who tear the chit out of publicly funded roads, who then completely half ass the repair of said roadways, leaving behind a moonscape that local taxes are then going to have to repair. God bless George W. Bush-o-nomics.

Two complaints:

1) I know what I'm doing in my project. Let me do it. I get you know how to do it too, but I worked on it and it needs only one more part which I can do. Let me ###### do it

2) Don't be that guy to touch someone's laptop screen. It's on the same level of slamming someone's car door and not taking your damn shoes off

Edited by WildCard

My wife and I are trying to budget our beer expenses, so we're trying to keep to one case of beer per month. The problem is she's had a few more than I am, so I have to go days without. And even when I do, I get this guilt that I'm drinking a beer but I only get so many so I should be enjoying it more.

Edited by MattPie

Two complaints:

1) I know what I'm doing in my project. Let me do it. I get you know how to do it too, but I worked on it and it needs only one more part which I can do. Let me ###### do it

2) Don't be that guy to touch someone's laptop screen. It's on the same level of slamming someone's car door and not taking your damn shoes off

NOOO THE FINGER PRINTS NOOOO 

My complaint is that I have the same complaint every damn week and it isn't getting better. Depression, fear of job searching/changing, how the heck to work a lease and teaching here in roch with wanting to apply to jobs in buffalo.... The depression and anxiety and stress is just getting worse and worse, my job here is just getting worse and worse... I know 7 people planning to get out. I don't feel qualified or good enough to go elsewhere- there's never a company really looking for an illustrator. And I don't code or do 3D or video and I don't have the time to learn. I'm useless. This company is failing. Help. 

Two complaints:

THIS all day long.  Drives me bonkers.

I worked long hours (voluntarily) both Sat. and Sunday, and also stayed absurdly long on Monday trying to finish this damned project that I couldn't get to last week because I had to spend an inordinate amount of time fighting with FedEx about some international shipments we'd prepared.  It's complicated and would take too long to type out, but basically they somehow decided to re-label one of the packages I sent last Monday with a different tracking #, and then assigned the one that I'd used originally to a completely different shipment I sent on Wed.  I sent two identical packages on Wed. and one made it to its destination and the other was returned to me yesterday after far too many hours on the phone with FedEx and much confusion as to which package it was since they'd completely switched the tracking info unbeknownst to me.  UGH.

Oh I have a new one! It's kind of humorous I guess.

We ran out of TP at work. So, rather than send someone to go get some at Wegmans (five minutes away) or go to Costco (fifteen minutes away), they are ordering it online for pickup at Wegmans. And told us to go across the street to the Village Gate (a shopping center) to use the facilities.

Wow. 

Two complaints:

I never realized the proper etiquette was to take your shoes off before slamming a car door. I've been doing it wrong my whole life.