Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My last post in this thread was over 6 years ago, about missing my brother's birthday. On an unfortunate, related note, my brother, the kindest, most unconditionally generous and caring person I've ever known, passed away yesterday at 31. Life is infuriatingly and depressingly unfair at times.

Wish I would have read this before adding my trivialness. So sorry for your loss.

Near the end of my 12-hour day yesterday, one of my bosses (yes, you read that correctly) gives me and one other guy a hard time because we're both taking tomorrow off. This is not the usual co-worker I complain about, but a guy who can back me up and vice versa. So, if there are any firewall or network issues in our environment, a guy with much less experience will have to deal with them. Now I get to take the heat because I didn't notice that the other guy also had the day off when I booked mine.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

Near the end of my 12-hour day yesterday, one of my bosses (yes, you read that correctly) gives me and one other guy a hard time because we're both taking tomorrow off. This is not the usual co-worker I complain about, but a guy who can back me up and vice versa. So, if there are any firewall or network issues in our environment, a guy with much less experience will have to deal with them. Now I get to take the heat because I didn't notice that the other guy also had the day off when I booked mine.

I feel like Bosses today don't understand that you don't live for your job.  You had vacation and you took it. If something happens the other guy will just have to figure it out.

I just got a letter from the school board. It states: Due to Pennsylvanias inability to pass a budget (due June of 2015, yep 2015) our school district cannot meet any of its financial needs and will be forced to close in mid May.

This is because Pennsylvania elected a democratic governor and has a Republican house of Representatives and neither side will pass anything proposed by the other. What a bunch of douche bags.

I'm fairly certain that no schools will close, but still, this is stupid.

I just got a letter from the school board. It states: Due to Pennsylvanias inability to pass a budget (due June of 2015, yep 2015) our school district cannot meet any of its financial needs and will be forced to close in mid May.

This is because Pennsylvania elected a democratic governor and has a Republican house of Representatives and neither side will pass anything proposed by the other. What a bunch of douche bags.

I'm fairly certain that no schools will close, but still, this is stupid.

This is an epidemic in American politics. Each side has to "win" at the expense of doing what is needed. Dark times for us.

I feel like Bosses today don't understand that you don't live for your job.  You had vacation and you took it. If something happens the other guy will just have to figure it out.

The ironic part...my company wants to outsource most of our work so we can maintain a "work/life balance". Then I get crap because I want to take a day off.

I have to make sure I can't take the same days off as my colleague until more staff is hired...and we've been short-staffed for almost a year. Would've been nice if we actually hired the replacements.

Still on my phone, so my apologies.

Frigging cars.

Always seem to die on me at the absolute worst time ... like frigging today.

Now, I do appreciate that in the grand scheme of things this is not a big deal, but I am the exact opposite of many men ... I HATE car shopping.

Almost 20% of my work staff called in tonight. I kinda knew it was coming, being the first day of the tournament and all. They were all drunk by noon today. I work in the laziest, drunkest industry of all time.

Christ, I miss having no responsibilities! I'm not mad that they called in, I'm mad that I'm here!

Almost 20% of my work staff called in tonight. I kinda knew it was coming, being the first day of the tournament and all. They were all drunk by noon today. I work in the laziest, drunkest industry of all time.

Christ, I miss having no responsibilities! I'm not mad that they called in, I'm mad that I'm here!

That is lame, doesn't matter how much you have drunk, you show up at work hung over or not.   those guys and girls need to build some character :p

So basically, you're made they called in before you could? :nana:

So basically, you're made they called in before you could? :nana:

The joint would shut down if I weren't here! :p

And yes.....yes I am! I've called in twice in the past 2 years. I'm due.

I'm a complete baby when I'm not feeling well.  First week on the new job and I've come down with a doozy of a head cold.  I'm losing sleep when I could use some extra.  It's making the change all the more challenging.

I'm a complete baby when I'm not feeling well.  First week on the new job and I've come down with a doozy of a head cold.  I'm losing sleep when I could use some extra.  It's making the change all the more challenging.

Me too dude. Jo calls them "man colds". I get sick and become completely useless. 

Feel better, man! 

The amount of rights that people have at work who constantly screw up and should have been fired years ago is mind blowing.

Tell me about it.

The a$$es I work with have taken to bashing the autistic girl we work with. She sits next to me, and always does her job exceedingly well. Very talented artist. Just... a bit socially off, but friendly. When a project goes off the rails (which is every project nowadays), she tends to become very angry and have a temper tantrum. But you know what? You deal with it or talk to her directly, as she IS different, but should be treated like a normal fu*king human being. She'll try to make small talk about games or weather with them, and they'll trail off and stare into space or just walk away rather than TALK to her. Which of course makes the situation worse. It's heart breaking. 

Well, apparently they were discussing how mad they are at me for "encouraging" her. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize SPEAKING to the person I work with often, who really likes to be friendly, was such a HORRIBLE thing!  :wallbash: 

Gotta grind out another year before I leave this place. I've been crafting my goodbye letter in my head already. It's like an eternal high school group project with less professionalism, if possible. Morally bankrupt, arrogant, blind, cruel, etc etc etc

The amount of rights that people have at work who constantly screw up and should have been fired years ago is mind blowing.

If by rights you mean promoted, then your company is just like mine. We have a long standing tradition here of promoting the people who screw up the most. We are sitting on millions of dollars of inventory of raw materials and finished goods that we were told would be gone in a month. It's been over a year. It will be at least another before all this stuff is used. He's going to become a VP. SMH...

Edited by inkman

Feel better, man! 

Tell me about it.

The a$$es I work with have taken to bashing the autistic girl we work with. She sits next to me, and always does her job exceedingly well. Very talented artist. Just... a bit socially off, but friendly. When a project goes off the rails (which is every project nowadays), she tends to become very angry and have a temper tantrum. But you know what? You deal with it or talk to her directly, as she IS different, but should be treated like a normal fu*king human being. She'll try to make small talk about games or weather with them, and they'll trail off and stare into space or just walk away rather than TALK to her. Which of course makes the situation worse. It's heart breaking. 

Well, apparently they were discussing how mad they are at me for "encouraging" her. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize SPEAKING to the person I work with often, who really likes to be friendly, was such a HORRIBLE thing!  :wallbash: 

Gotta grind out another year before I leave this place. I've been crafting my goodbye letter in my head already. It's like an eternal high school group project with less professionalism, if possible. Morally bankrupt, arrogant, blind, cruel, etc etc etc

You should tell them they are asshats. I think if they are being that douchey they deserved to be told off. Stand up for her!

Car shopping ... nuff said.

I am so not a car shopping guy, or gal.  I HATE it so much ... I think I'll walk everywhere.

Come on now.

Let's face it, you're an accountant. It's not car shopping that has you in a tizzy.

It's spending a lot of money :P