Complaint Thursdays

Topic will be automatically locked at 03:59 AM

LabattBlue

Running your business by quarterly reports seems like an astoundingly dimwitted and shortsighted idea, but that's just my 2 cents

We are owed by a aconsortium of equity investors.  They are only interested in short term earnings and making the organization looker better on paper to a prospective buyer.  It is a very short term view.   There is no investment in the company's future here.  Not the least of the reasons why I am actively interviewing to get out. 

We are owed by a aconsortium of equity investors.  They are only interested in short term earnings and making the organization looker better on paper to a prospective buyer.  It is a very short term view.   There is no investment in the company's future here.  Not the least of the reasons why I am actively interviewing to get out. 

The first thing that came to mind when I read that/this is Kodak. I don't know how correct it is, but my Dad told me Kodak had brilliant innovators and products that were never given time/funds to develop because investors and higher ups kept cashing out to keep the quarterlies looking good enough to keep their own jobs 

The first thing that came to mind when I read that/this is Kodak. I don't know how correct it is, but my Dad told me Kodak had brilliant innovators and products that were never given time/funds to develop because investors and higher ups kept cashing out to keep the quarterlies looking good enough to keep their own jobs 

Look into how many big name companies today are owned by equity investment firms.  I think you'd be surprised by the number of organizations that are run for short term earnings.  Seems to be the name of the game today.

I swear you need to be a sociopath to be an executive today.

I have a date this weekend. Now, you might be wondering why this is in the complaint threat...because it's on a Sunday night. WTF am I supposed to do at 8pm Sunday night in the middle of winter? No, cooking and staying in is not an option because my cooking...yea, it's not an option. Dinner and a movie it is! How delightfully unoriginal.

I have a date this weekend. Now, you might be wondering why this is in the complaint threat...because it's on a Sunday night. WTF am I supposed to do at 8pm Sunday night in the middle of winter? No, cooking and staying in is not an option because my cooking...yea, it's not an option. Dinner and a movie it is! How delightfully unoriginal.

Is it a first date?

The presses did more than stop: they spontaneously combusted in disbelief.

Indeed. It's been a couple years since I had a date I actually cared about :lol:

can you go out earlier?  and how well do you know her? I'm plotting over here...

Sometimes dinner and a movie is okay. 

can you go out earlier?  and how well do you know her? I'm plotting over here...

Nope, scheduling conflicts. And not super well. She's real chill and doesn't like anything real fancy, so it should be right up my alley. But Sunday freakin' night :angry:

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Nope, scheduling conflicts. And not super well. She's real chill and doesn't like anything real fancy, so it should be right up my alley. But Sunday freakin' night :angry:

Well yea that is really screwing you over. I mean Dave N Busters gives you an activity but the food is mediocre at best. The only issue with the movies is you don't talk during it. If you could movie then dinner it would help. Bring flowers, not red, sunset oranges and pinks are good.

meetup.com doesn't have anything helpful, other than the Northtown LGBQT Women's group at 6PM.

You live in Buffalo, right? Why not take her to that Canal Side rink? Easy conversation while doing something fun

Oh, that was my first instinct. But man if I fall and bust up my shoulder...

meetup.com doesn't have anything helpful, other than the Northtown LGBQT Women's group at 6PM.

Yea, I was looking at stuff and saw that!

Mini golf it is!

Oh, that was my first instinct. But man if I fall and bust up my shoulder...

Yea, I was looking at stuff and saw that!

Mini golf it is!

You should mini-golf and not movie. Def find someplace relaxed for dinner. Someplace that has drinks. This allows you to eat and then extend the date if things are going well.  Always want options on a first date.

You should mini-golf and not movie. Def find someplace relaxed for dinner. Someplace that has drinks. This allows you to eat and then extend the date if things are going well.  Always want options on a first date.

Chloroform or roses. Decisions, decisions...

See, you don't even need our help for this.  :lol:

I sense a business opportunity here...

And a lawsuit. Definitely a lawsuit 

have you ever tried carrying a person, def need help with all that dead weight, he has a shoulder problem after all.

have you ever tried carrying a person, def need help with all that dead weight, he has a shoulder problem after all.

I think that's how he tore the first one

I was going to question the singular lawsuit part, but then I figured there'd be so many it would be turned into a class action.

Drugging Sand Piper residents would definitely get Slippin' Jimmy all over our