Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Tonsillitis.... ###### that noise.

You're just now getting that done? I thought most people did that very young. In related news, I get my wisdom teeth out next week, and I'm terrified. Ever since I had tongue surgery years back, I hate being awake for surgery, let alone oral surgery

You're just now getting that done? I thought most people did that very young. In related news, I get my wisdom teeth out next week, and I'm terrified. Ever since I had tongue surgery years back, I hate being awake for surgery, let alone oral surgery

Much like the appendix, these days they only take them when they get infected because they have a useful purpose (lymph tissue).  I still have mine!

All 4 at once? That would suck, only because of the length of time in the chair, if you're even awake.

Had all four removed, but at three different times.  No pain, just pressure and weird sounds. Very little pain afterward. Liquid antiseptic diet (vodka, whiskey, scotch) helped with the curing process. Always had it done on Friday afternoons. :beer:

After everything else that I've done stupid or accidentally to rip/tear/break some part of my body, I always look at having my teeth out as the easiest cure as to what ailed me.

Except shingles, shingles are way worse than the cure.

All 4 at once? That would suck, only because of the length of time in the chair, if you're even awake.

Had all four removed, but at three different times.  No pain, just pressure and weird sounds. Very little pain afterward. Liquid antiseptic diet (vodka, whiskey, scotch) helped with the curing process. Always had it done on Friday afternoons. :beer:

After everything else that I've done stupid or accidentally to rip/tear/break some part of my body, I always look at having my teeth out as the easiest cure as to what ailed me.

Except shingles, shingles are way worse than the cure.

I had all four at once, but since two were impacted I got to take a nap while they did it.   :)  Wildcard - Ibuprofin and ice packs are your friend, and sleep upright for a few days.  You'll probably still be too sore to do much chewing for up to a week, but it'll help the swelling immensely.

Edited by biodork

Minor minor minor complaints today:

The employee dining room at work has served nothing but cabbage for the past 2 weeks. I hate cabbage and all of its friends! Gołąbki(which they insist on calling Piggies) halushki, cabbage and kielbasa, cabbage and onions. It's awful! Ok, Polish folks, flame away :p

Meanwhile we haven't had a hamburger and hot dog day in over a month. If they're not serving 2 cabbage dishes, they are serving a cabbage dish and an awful smelling rotten fish of some kind. Ok, enough of me bitching about free food at work. #firstworldproblems

I had all four at once, but since two were impacted I got to take a nap while they did it.   :)  Wildcard - Ibuprofin and ice packs are your friend, and sleep upright for a few days.  You'll probably still be too sore to do much chewing for up to a week, but it'll help the swelling immensely.

Don't want to scare Wild with talk of impacted teeth but........

The reason I had 3 trips instead of doing it 2 each time on 2 trips was due to one getting impacted. Giant frickin zit full of puss is what an impacted tooth is. Then the dam thing had a curved root that went under the teeth in front of it. Like trying to pull a fishing hook that a sun fish swallowed. Dr. was sweating and had his knee on my chest trying to get it out. 

Would of saved that tooth, but by the time the Doc was done there was nothing left.

Take a paper towel and wipe your mouth often after the surgery. You're drooling, you just don't feel it.

Use the ice in your drink. 

Passing out is better than sleeping upright.

Unlike your story Wild of moving to Philthy, this is based off of actual events of the author.

Revenge is best served warm.

Minor minor minor complaints today:

The employee dining room at work has served nothing but cabbage for the past 2 weeks. I ###### hate cabbage and all of its friends! Gołąbki(which they insist on calling Piggies) halushki, cabbage and kielbasa, cabbage and onions. It's ###### awful! Ok, Polish folks, flame away :P

Meanwhile we haven't had a hamburger and hot dog day in over a month. If they're not serving 2 cabbage dishes, they are serving a cabbage dish and an awful smelling rotten fish of some kind. Ok, enough of me bitching about free food at work. #firstworldproblems

Your employee dining room is Valhalla for my belly!

I would conquer all the cabbage!

Don't want to scare Wild with talk of impacted teeth but........

The reason I had 3 trips instead of doing it 2 each time on 2 trips was due to one getting impacted. Giant frickin zit full of puss is what an impacted tooth is. Then the dam thing had a curved root that went under the teeth in front of it. Like trying to pull a fishing hook that a sun fish swallowed. Dr. was sweating and had his knee on my chest trying to get it out. 

Would of saved that tooth, but by the time the Doc was done there was nothing left.

Take a paper towel and wipe your mouth often after the surgery. You're drooling, you just don't feel it.

Use the ice in your drink. 

Passing out is better than sleeping upright.

Unlike your story Wild of moving to Philthy, this is based off of actual events of the author.

Revenge is best served warm.

Not the same thing -- what you're describing is an abscess!  Impaction is when the teeth are stuck below the gumline.   ;)

Edited by biodork

Regarding wisdom teeth....i had all 4 wisdom teeth and all 4 twelve year molars taken on the same day. Day after my 17th birthday. That was quite the lousy week. They put me under for that one.

Also, I have caved at work. I just snagged a turkey sandwich and some chicken noodle soup. No cabbage!

I had my wisdom teeth out back in high school, all 4 at once, in the middle of the summer while trying to run tech for a summer musical the youth bureau was doing. Was up in the rafters of the auditorium the next day aiming Lekos, gauze stuffed in my mouth and bloody drool going everywhere. 

According to everything I'm seeing the storm is far enough away from Buffalo that we aren't getting hit here. Really hope that ends up being the case.

It's hardly going to touch New York. NYC may get up to 6" from this, but the line is supposed to be 100 miles south of Albany.

I'll echo shrader's sentiments, but add that all grocery stores from Poughkeepsie to Charlotte, NC will be out of bread, milk, and non-perishables in the next hour.

According to everything I'm seeing the storm is far enough away from Buffalo that we aren't getting hit here. Really hope that ends up being the case.

Seems that way, this looks like one of those storms with moisture coming up from the south hitting cold air from the north. They seem to run along the Blue Ridge / Blue Mountain line of ridges (Roanoke / Harrisburg / Allentown / Poughkeepsie) and don't cross to the north or west. Last I checked, my house is forecast on the edge of the line where I should be buying 12 cases of beer or 15 bottles of liquor.

Seems that way, this looks like one of those storms with moisture coming up from the south hitting cold air from the north. They seem to run along the Blue Ridge / Blue Mountain line of ridges (Roanoke / Harrisburg / Allentown / Poughkeepsie) and don't cross to the north or west. Last I checked, my house is forecast on the edge of the line where I should be buying 12 cases of beer or 15 bottles of liquor.

12 cases?  Does that mean your homebound for at least a month?

It's hardly going to touch New York. NYC may get up to 6" from this, but the line is supposed to be 100 miles south of Albany.

I'll echo shrader's sentiments, but add that all grocery stores from Poughkeepsie to Charlotte, NC will be out of bread, milk, and non-perishables in the next hour.

You say that, but I'm not so sure southerners know what they're doing. A friend of mine from high school, a transplant to Blacksburg, VA, was posting pictures of the shelves at her grocery store. Cleaned out, except for all the fresh bread in the bakery and a depressingly large amount of SPAM. It's as if everyone went to the store and bought nothing that is actually useful in an emergency.

You say that, but I'm not so sure southerners know what they're doing. A friend of mine from high school, a transplant to Blacksburg, VA, was posting pictures of the shelves at her grocery store. Cleaned out, except for all the fresh bread in the bakery and a depressingly large amount of SPAM. It's as if everyone went to the store and bought nothing that is actually useful in an emergency.

French toast is what people in the south apparently desire during a weather emergency. Bread, milk and eggs are always cleaned out.

Edited by Claude_Verret

Found out yesterday that my brother was apparently laid off at work back in November.  He's fortunate enough to be in a good financial position and wait things out a bit, but JC enough with the bad news around my family already!