Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

That sucks man.

I've been stuck at work (not literally stuck here bc of weather, but in the daily grind kind of stuck...wanted to clarify lol) since Wednesday. There are 5 people in the office (out of 30 something). I'm here because, like an idiot, I used all my PTO before the last week of the year. I won't be doing that again. The other four people here? managers and accountants all closing out stuff that needs closed prior to end of year. What am I doing you ask? twiddling my thumbs bc we have I think maybe 3 customers that didn't completely shut down for this week. highlight of my day yesterday? a phone call with someone that more or less had the wrong number (they thought they needed our services, but turns out they need one of our competitors). We chatted about the lockout :( Today's to do list: ....

It's going to be a long 7 hours (already 1 hour down :thumbsup: )

You could pass the time by continually rereading biodork's last post... :angel:

Getting the flu on Christmas Eve. Barely having the strength to get up Christmas morning to watch my girls tear through their presents. Crawling back to bed at 9:30 am, waking up at 5:30 pm to find the house silent, empty, messy, and dark. Wife took the kids to her parents' place. My Christmas meal consisted of soda crackers and ibuprofen.

There *is* a bright spot: yah, they left, but ... not sad; kinda glad. iPad. Breaking Bad. Show's rad just a tad.

This is a lame one, but I'm still tired after hardly getting any sleep on Christmas Eve. We went to bed around 2am knowing we were getting up around 8:30am to start the turkey, which was already insufficient. Made worse, however, by the fact that around 4:15am the cat became very insistent on more attention. Tried petting her but she'd start nibbling on my fingers whenever I stopped. Pulled my arms under the covers, so she decides to lick my hair. Shoo her to the foot of the bed, and she's attacking my feet. After a few rounds of that I finally kicked her out of the room, but sheesh I'm tired. The last time I stayed there she just slept quietly on the bed all night, so I don't know what her deal was.

Wow. That was kinda hot...

going with SDS here. i ... yah.

:lol: :clapping:

I just installed a Sudoku app on my iPhone. Hopefully that will keep me busy for a while. If not, there's always pocket tanks... ;)

I had no idea pocket tanks was available in app form. I miss that game from older versions of Mac OS.

It has installed on my iPad in the time it took me to type this!

I'm doing some volunteer work at a local nutrition clinic right now and I just finished taking stats on ~500 charts. Not only was this a slog of busywork, but a few of the names on the charts were familiar and hit me with a pang of sadness. They're just scratches on a chart to me, but all five hundred of these people suffer from some sort of eating disorder/psychological issues. It's good that they're getting help, at least.

Just got laid off. Would've been nice if one of those other jobs I applied to had gotten back to me before this happened, but I'll roll with the punches. I've got an hour to pack my stuff up. F'N Fantastic Friday. :death:

Wholly, as in fully, crap!

Merry Christmas to you too, wankers. You're better off without those phuckheads.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Just got laid off. Would've been nice if one of those other jobs I applied to had gotten back to me before this happened, but I'll roll with the punches. I've got an hour to pack my stuff up. F'N Fantastic Friday. :death:

Yikes.

That's really odd considering no one is in the office today. Did the day's slowness set someone off?

Geez... would've been nice if they'd at least done it last week so you could've had this week off! Good luck finding something else, man. :(

WTF man!? At least they waited until AFTER Christmas. I'll give them points for that, but it's still crappy. Hope one of the other jobs pans out soon.

Damn. Sorry to hear. I barely avoided that situation. Here's hoping some of my good fortune rubs off on you.

Wow, that sucks buddy. What is wrong with a company that it waits till the last minute on stuff like this?

You'll find another job. You're a smart guy. With a nice shiny degree from RIT that actually means something haha