Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Facebook spying...

You know how in the corner it suggests people you may know? When someone searches for you it will suggest them as a friend many times. I don't really care, except when it is obvious someone in the industry who I am not friends with is searching for info, and there is no other link that would lead them to my profile. There's enough poker playing in the world...I just want to be able to see my cousin's $8 halloween costume 1500 miles away, and not have to run counter-intel.

• Like (+1) 1

i've done that before. twice, actually. lined up a new gig, quit the old gig 2 fridays before the new gig starts, effectively giving me a 9-day weekend ... always a smart play, especially if your company is one that buys back your PTO bank. hell, i even got laid off once, and as an accidental severance package, the HR dept. cut us checks 3x what we had in our PTO bank. oops. :) of course, they called the next day and asked for the money back. that conversation went something like this:

"are you out of your mind? you just laid off 60% of the company, and now you're asking for the PTO check back?"

"yah ... sorry. it was a clerical error on our end."

"i don't care if it was a clerical, computer glitch, or whatever. you distributed the checks, then laid us all off. my wife and i had an emergency budget meeting last night. that money is already earmarked for at least 3 months of bills."

"but ... but ...... we need it back!"

"look ... am i in any way legally obligated to pay it back? cuz really, this is your f***-up--not mine."

*long pause as hr chick ponders her next response*

"well ... no, but it would be nice if you would."

"yah? well it would also be nice to still have a job. i believe you have your answer. see ya."

that was flat-out ballsy. the best part was that i hired on with a financial firm as a contractor and was making about 1.5 times what i had been making at my previous job. i actually made money on the lay-off.

Well-played. :thumbsup:

I got screwed by an IT contracting company once - they told me I had the job, I accepted, then gave my 2+ weeks' notice to my boss. A day (ONE SINGLE DAY) before my last day with the old company, the contractor called me to tell me I couldn't start the following Monday...because it hadn't even been f**kin' approved by the new place. I was out of work for over a month until they finally came through. Lucky for them, two other places were about to offer me a job, but didn't come through in time.

Facebook spying...

You know how in the corner it suggests people you may know? When someone searches for you it will suggest them as a friend many times. I don't really care, except when it is obvious someone in the industry who I am not friends with is searching for info, and there is no other link that would lead them to my profile. There's enough poker playing in the world...I just want to be able to see my cousin's $8 halloween costume 1500 miles away, and not have to run counter-intel.

It's because of things like this that you need to watch your privacy settings on a weekly basis. Only my "friends" can see anything in my profile and I don't accept friends unless I've actually met or worked with or hung out with that person at least once.

Well my complaint is actually from the last game on VS against the Lightning. Why, oh why, did we have to listen to Doc freakin Emerick do the play by play? I thought he retired?? He is annoying!

"...and a DRRRIIIIIIVE!!

I almost broke the tv every time they said "gwar-roun" instead of garon ... it was so bad after we lost too... versus = :death:

Also I think Doc thinks he is announcing a golf game... seriously that whole broadcast team is definitely having a negative impact on the sport.

I almost broke the tv every time they said "gwar-roun" instead of garon ... it was so bad after we lost too... versus = :death:

Also I think Doc thinks he is announcing a golf game... seriously that whole broadcast team is definitely having a negative impact on the sport.

YIKES!!! :o

Absolutely exhausted. All week I've been working long hours and staying up late / getting up early to try and get caught up before leaving town next week, and I'm at the point where I'm so tired I feel like I'm drunk (only way less fun). :wacko:

Waiting on a call back for an interview with a manufacturing company in the Finger Lakes. Similar job and compensation to what I'm doing now...500 miles closer to family and the FNC. The waiting is absolutely killing me.

what company or where in the Finger Lakes?

Student loans is my complaint of the day week. I have 2 loans that I am paying back, and one is a $680 payment/month, while the other is a pedestrian $150 in comparison. Both amounts are taken out of my account automatically at the end of each month. I just hate watching the balance in my bank account drop so quickly :cry: only 9 more years of paying them back :(

Complain about anything you want. 1 complaint, 20 complaints, who cares? No one is really listening anyways.

My complaint for this week...

Fast food workers who are miserable beyond belief while on the job. If you hate your job that much, do something about it to better yourself in life. Go back to school or do whatever is needed to find a better job. In the meantime, if you continue to stay in your current position, suck it up and put on a happy face. :D

We have so many gifted athletes that it makes an unbalanced team. Too many wings. Not enough centers. We change lines way to much. I am very frustrated. :wallbash:

The health care $y$tem in thi$ country i$ not about healing. It'$ about making money.

Interesting. Is there anyone here that has thought about a holistic approach to medicine? I'd be interested to read your thoughts on the matter.

Having said that, to play off of your complaint, there are some prescription "drugs" that should have never seen the light of day in the marketplace. Vioxx, Zoloft, Gardasil, and RU-486 (to name a few). For the FDA to approve these drugs and then to watch them cause serious long-term health problems (and even death) should be enough of a red flag for people to not take the FDA seriously. On top of that, ever notice how the pharmaceutical companies spend billions of dollars on these "drugs" for advertisements per year?

I get the feeling that beerme sees him every night when he goes to sleep. He's constantly haunted by images of Quinn in his mind... that or Quinn really is standing outside his bedroom window. I can't be too sure.

so Quinn is to Beerme as Korab is to Chz and her friends? :blink: that's creepy...

He was at the game last night, along with DiPofi and Golisano. They are getting the band back together.

I blame them for the loss. It certainly looked like a game played under their tenure.

...and here I thought Quinny and OSP would never be seen at a hockey game again.

so Quinn is to Beerme as Korab is to Chz and her friends? :blink: that's creepy...

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be climbed over by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Dennis the Menace? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for chz and her girlfriends, and you curse Jerry Korab. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That chz's stalking, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me outside that window, you need me outside that window. We use words like peep, sneak, stalk and leer. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent stalking someone. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the watchful eye that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you whip out your weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

• Like (+1) 2