Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

One of my bosses dumped a project they were supposed to do, on me saying we could "co-write" it... Now I am writing all 10 pages of it alone and they will "edit" it... I have 1 week. It has to be really good because it is for publication.

So? 10 pages, one week not that bad? I also have a leadership paper due for class next week which is 10 pages. I have to summarize 3 article before that and watch a movie taking detailed leadership notes on the main characters... (i tried to do miracle but my group picked 12 angry men)

also, My stupid practicum is all screwed up because instead of writing a policy and a guide for this place I have to fix a bunch of crap in this collection they were supposed to do and thats due by Nov, 1

On top of that I have no freaking clue anymore whats going on with my fiance/exfiance who freaking went out over the weekend and bought a wiener dog which is smaller than the 5 cats she already has in her little apartment after I stated multiple times "NO MORE ANIMALS UNTIL WE HAVE A HOUSE!"

Finally, all of this has come about within the last 4 days... FML, 20 pages, 1 summary, practicum, both jobs, my female whatever, and classes = stressed

Two words: Rockstar Punched. :)

Okay, but in all seriousness, yah--that sucks man. Especially the "Who the hell am I living with?" issue. 20 pages can be a lot, especially if it's research-related. Good luck, man!

My project got its FY13 money zeroed out - effectively killing the program. Now we need to scramble to see if someone else can use this telescope we are building... or else I'm on the hairy edge of looking for a rare job opening in my field.

sigh.

My project got its FY13 money zeroed out - effectively killing the program. Now we need to scramble to see if someone else can use this telescope we are building... or else I'm on the hairy edge of looking for a rare job opening in my field.

sigh.

Sorry SDS that really blows

wow man that sucks! When I severely sprained my ankle a few years back I got good pain killers from the doctor...and I remember needing them.

Good luck getting that healed up!

Yah, I'm calling them later today and asking for something stronger. This stuff just makes me drowsy and does nothing for the pain, so I sleep, but it's hellish cuz every little bump causes my ankle to flare like a forest fire.

First, apologies, I could not resist. I tried, but i failed.

It is completely possible to reconcile the fact of evolution with a belief in the Christian creation story. John Paul II and Pope Benedict are firm believers in evolution. And not some watered down version. The official doctrine is that all life on earth evolved from the same organism starting 3.5 - 4 Billion years ago. That this evolution was intended and guided by a god that exists outside of our temporal existence is the only added piece. They, along with myself, do not understand the insistence on the proposed antithetical relationship between evolution and creation.

Yay Hockey!

I checked this thread late but you deserve a clap! :clapping:

Two words: Rockstar Punched. :)

Okay, but in all seriousness, yah--that sucks man. Especially the "Who the hell am I living with?" issue. 20 pages can be a lot, especially if it's research-related. Good luck, man!

the published one is heavy academic research and the other one I was already given the articles so :death:

also I feel homeless and have to let me roomate know if I am going back to the woman's within the next week omfg I remebered something else AHHHHHHHH

Sorry. Not buying theirs or anyone else's arguments. I'm not accountable to any papal magisterium, so therefore I do not have to follow their dualistic thinking about Creation and "evolution". After all, who was present all those millions of years ago to write down accounts of what happened? No one. It's all based on assumptions that grasp for straws and seeks to discredit the Creation account. Therefore, macro-evolution is not only science fiction, but it's also historical fiction. To hold it up as fact is disingenuous - and that's putting it lightly.

I'm going to assume you're not a big fan of Richard Dawkins?

Sorry. Not buying theirs or anyone else's arguments. I'm not accountable to any papal magisterium, so therefore I do not have to follow their dualistic thinking about Creation and "evolution". After all, who was present all those millions of years ago to write down accounts of what happened? No one. It's all based on assumptions that grasp for straws and seeks to discredit the Creation account. Therefore, macro-evolution is not only science fiction, but it's also historical fiction. To hold it up as fact is disingenuous - and that's putting it lightly.

I don't want to ask this but I will: So the bone and fossil evidence is all fake but a book written 2,000 years ago by god knows who (no pun intended) is absolute indisputable fact? There is a huge flaw in that because you are essentially asking others to believe in something you do, even though you wont believe in something we do. Historically it is considered that the bible is an allegory of stories that man created before hard sciences came into existence to explain things they did not understand.

Evolution is not a theory because there is well documented fossil evidence that creatures have changed over time (or in the case of something like crocodiles, very little)

• Like (+1) 1

Had to help with taking my mother to the ER last night. We get there a little after 8:30pm, leave just after 12:30am. It was just an infection in her foot, but she was in pretty bad pain trying to walk. At least that should be resolved, but I didn't get to bed until almost 2:00am, which might be causing this headache.

I'm also waiting for a call about a job I interviewed at last week. I was told I'd hear something early this week, but I haven't heard anything yet. Thus...anxiousness abounds.

Sheesh how old are ya Shrades? I hope I make to 40 considering it's next friggin week!!

Happy 40th!

I have a date tomorrow night (spoliers for the F'N Friday thread!) and I don't know how to date someone local any more. The last two girlfriends lived out of town, and the one before that our first date was in 2003. Anything changed in the last 8 years?

Just get some exercise that day, wear a shirt that fits you correctly, ask her about her family, job, travels, etc. and only have 1 or 2 drinks at dinner. You'll be able to make her hop on 1 foot and bark like a dog by 10 pm.

Had to help with taking my mother to the ER last night. We get there a little after 8:30pm, leave just after 12:30am. It was just an infection in her foot, but she was in pretty bad pain trying to walk. At least that should be resolved, but I didn't get to bed until almost 2:00am, which might be causing this headache.

I'm also waiting for a call about a job I interviewed at last week. I was told I'd hear something early this week, but I haven't heard anything yet. Thus...anxiousness abounds.

Good luck!!!

Also I'm sad the TP thread got deleted.

I was wondering what happened... :(

Also, if my boss tells me I'm moving to slowly one more time, I might just snap. He has me working on RFQs, as well as three other projects. on one of those projects, my time is dictated by someone who works at another company...I can't help it if that person has other projects to work on, and ours is back burner to them... :death: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Good luck!!!

I was wondering what happened... :(

Also, if my boss tells me I'm moving to slowly one more time, I might just snap. He has me working on RFQs, as well as three other projects. on one of those projects, my time is dictated by someone who works at another company...I can't help it if that person has other projects to work on, and ours is back burner to them... :death: :wallbash: :wallbash:

sounds like the woes of a project manager ... sorry man. :)

Just get some exercise that day, wear a shirt that fits you correctly, ask her about her family, job, travels, etc. and only have 1 or 2 drinks at dinner. You'll be able to make her hop on 1 foot and bark like a dog by 10 pm.

This line reminded me of a big complaint from earlier this week. I was at CVS buying some stuff and I noticed this woman one register over. She had to have been about 250 lbs but was wearing a pair of jeans that would probably fit my 15 month old nephew. :sick:

She literally had the equivalent of an entire ass hanging out over the waistline of those jeans. And of course she's there with her young son, setting a great example.

You'll see plenty of examples of people wearing stuff they probably shouldn't be, but this took it to a whole new level. I'm amazed I didn't throw up. I really wish a cop had been around at that point because this had to have been a perfect example of indecent exposure.

another complaint mostly about my TBD post that some have seen...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ajr.org/article.asp?id=1340

"They might say it in slightly different ways, but journalistically, our responsibility is to convey the message of the quote accurately. The verbatim isn't nearly as important as is correctly expressing their meaning."

That is a direct quote from Chuck Pollock, the article discusses two different schools of thought on quotation in articles. Which school of thought are you from? While the cliche may be old the quote was put together and changed by Chuck or in other words made up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am i totally wrong? Or can some see where I was coming from?

This is the original article if you havent seen it.

http://www.oleantime...1cc4c03286.html

another complaint mostly about my TBD post that some have seen...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ajr.org/article.asp?id=1340

"They might say it in slightly different ways, but journalistically, our responsibility is to convey the message of the quote accurately. The verbatim isn't nearly as important as is correctly expressing their meaning."

That is a direct quote from Chuck Pollock, the article discusses two different schools of thought on quotation in articles. Which school of thought are you from? While the cliche may be old the quote was put together and changed by Chuck or in other words made up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am i totally wrong? Or can some see where I was coming from?

This is the original article if you havent seen it.

http://www.oleantime...1cc4c03286.html

My earlier shenanigans notwithstanding, I agree with you. Nothing but a direct quotation should be in between quotation marks. If alterations are necessary, that's what brackets are for.

My earlier shenanigans notwithstanding, I agree with you. Nothing but a direct quotation should be in between quotation marks. If alterations are necessary, that's what brackets are for.

Thank you that is my main complaint for the season John Wawrow and Lori getting on me and treating me like I was stupid for challenging that and saying it was made up, I am still quite heated about it.

And I have sent him a PM and he first told me he didnt have time and then told me I was being absurd

Edited by cvanvol

Good luck!!!

Thank you. Shortly after I posted this, I got the call with an offer. Logistics are similar to what I'm getting now (job duties, salary, benefits, commute, location), but I'd be leaving a state agency. Granted, I'd get the retirement benefits if I stuck around, but morale is down and given the instability of the union and its contract, I don't even know if I'd be able to stick around for that long, anyway.

Time to make another adult decision.... :unsure:

sigh.

That sucks... I hope it all works out for you, Scott.

Yah, I'm calling them later today and asking for something stronger. This stuff just makes me drowsy and does nothing for the pain, so I sleep, but it's hellish cuz every little bump causes my ankle to flare like a forest fire.

Ouch!! Good luck getting some stronger meds!

:clapping: Great movie.