Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

For the first time in five and half years I find myself without a confident in whom I could entrust everything and fear nothing. All I will say is that my relation has imploded completely with no possible reconciliation. I started applying for jobs anywhere but NY. Other than the Sabres, this town holds nothing but memories veiled in the shadows of a broken heart. In the aftermath of one of the worst weeks of my life I find myself forced to go about my day as if nothing is wrong. Everything is wrong, everything is lost, everything that once was is now nothing more than a desolate void that will take me years if not decades to overcome.

For the first time in five and half years I find myself without a confident in whom I could entrust everything and fear nothing. All I will say is that my relation has imploded completely with no possible reconciliation. I started applying for jobs anywhere but NY. Other than the Sabres, this town holds nothing but memories veiled in the shadows of a broken heart. In the aftermath of one of the worst weeks of my life I find myself forced to go about my day as if nothing is wrong. Everything is wrong, everything is lost, everything that once was is now nothing more than a desolate void that will take me years if not decades to overcome.

Goog luck man... It gets better. Hearts break, but the beauty of the human body is it's ability to heal. That goes for the spirit as well. I caution you about leaving though. I left. I've spent the better part of a decade trying to get back.

• Like (+1) 1

Goog luck man... It gets better. Hearts break, but the beauty of the human body is it's ability to heal. That goes for the spirit as well. I caution you about leaving though. I left. I've spent the better part of a decade trying to get back.

Liger, listen to the man. You're young, and believe me, you'll get over it. Not tonight; not tomorrow. But you will. Don't be driven out of town by some chickie whom you won't care about (and you won't, just freaking trust me on that) in five years.

• Like (+1) 2

Liger, listen to the man. You're young, and believe me, you'll get over it. Not tonight; not tomorrow. But you will. Don't be driven out of town by some chickie whom you won't care about (and you won't, just freaking trust me on that) in five years.

I'm going through a really rough breakup right now too, but I gotta hand it to eleven and Pommerfan. It definitely sucks right now. But it will get better, that i have no doubt. Chin up man, hang in there.

Work. At my location there are four department heads (three plus me) and one executive director. Due to restructuring and reorganization, we've lost one department head to another location, one will be leaving in a lateral move so she doesn't have to take a demotion to stay with the company, one resigned for another job, and the executive director is being moved to a new location. All this within the last couple weeks.

Who does that leave? Me. Already doing the work of two departments in an hourly position where OT is frowned upon, I get to help break in a new executive director and 2-3 new department heads. Awesome.

One hockey complaint: I don't usually order the Center Ice package because of my work schedule. I don't want to pay when I know I am going to miss a ton of games. That being said - this is 2011 - how can there not be a game on cable every night? OLN/Versus/NBCSports/whatever it is now and the NHL Network should have at least one game on per night, guaranteed.

One hockey complaint: I don't usually order the Center Ice package because of my work schedule. I don't want to pay when I know I am going to miss a ton of games. That being said - this is 2011 - how can there not be a game on cable every night? OLN/Versus/NBCSports/whatever it is now and the NHL Network should have at least one game on per night, guaranteed.

You would think that the NHL would be doing that like crazy with NBA void.

Among NBCSports or whatever, NHLN, MSG, and CBC (ok, you don't get that in Ohio, but who the hell said you had to live in Ohio?), it's about five nights per week. That's pretty freaking good; I'm not sure that NBA has even that coverage. Eliminate CBC and you still have four games if the Sabres don't play on Saturday night.

Maybe you don't get MSG, though. In that case, I'd recommend moving to Buffalo. It's better than Ohio. I promise.

Among NBCSports or whatever, NHLN, MSG, and CBC (ok, you don't get that in Ohio, but who the hell said you had to live in Ohio?), it's about five nights per week. That's pretty freaking good; I'm not sure that NBA has even that coverage. Eliminate CBC and you still have four games if the Sabres don't play on Saturday night.

Maybe you don't get MSG, though. In that case, I'd recommend moving to Buffalo. It's better than Ohio. I promise.

Unfortunately when the NBA is in season I get it around 5+ nights a week, between ABC, ESPN, TNT, FSOhio. For the NHL - if we are lucky we get one Blue Jackets game a week plus whatever is on Vs and NHL Network.

No arguments on the Ohio thing, though. I'd much rather live in WNY.

People who complain about OWS, the 99% movement, etc, without bothering to learn anything about it or what it stands for.

I'm not an activist. I'm don't believe I should get a free pass for the student loan debt I have. But there are a lot of things wrong with the world we live in, where the lower class is very low, and the middle class is getting lower. Stepping past all of the sensationalism, these protests aren't about a bunch of kids who don't want to work hard. It's about the people less fortunate than even them, who are too busy trying to stay alive to join the protest.

Learn something about the world around you before you open your mouth and spout a bunch of ignorant rhetoric. 10 minutes on google and one statistical analogy doesn't make you as smart or clever as you think.

A little humility and critical thinking goes a long way with this whole topic.

• Like (+1) 2

People who complain about OWS, the 99% movement, etc, without bothering to learn anything about it or what it stands for.

I'm not an activist. I'm don't believe I should get a free pass for the student loan debt I have. But there are a lot of things wrong with the world we live in, where the lower class is very low, and the middle class is getting lower. Stepping past all of the sensationalism, these protests aren't about a bunch of kids who don't want to work hard. It's about the people less fortunate than even them, who are too busy trying to stay alive to join the protest.

Learn something about the world around you before you open your mouth and spout a bunch of ignorant rhetoric. 10 minutes on google and one statistical analogy doesn't make you as smart or clever as you think.

A little humility and critical thinking goes a long way with this whole topic.

I dont mind the OCCUPY movement but I can not stand those complaining about the Police and what they term "brutality" I think it is shameful that a few innocent people have been pepper sprayed but COME ON for the most part they have done an amazing job keeping the peace. While everyone in the movement wants to say that this is a PEACEFUL PROTEST there are still those among them that have bad tempers and when one person is like that in a group such as this violence can escalate very quickly and the police have done an amazing job of keeping the occupiers as well as the public safe.

I dont mind the OCCUPY movement but I can not stand those complaining about the Police and what they term "brutality" I think it is shameful that a few innocent people have been pepper sprayed but COME ON for the most part they have done an amazing job keeping the peace. While everyone in the movement wants to say that this is a PEACEFUL PROTEST there are still those among them that have bad tempers and when one person is like that in a group such as this violence can escalate very quickly and the police have done an amazing job of keeping the occupiers as well as the public safe.

Agreed. For the most part these occupy movements have been handled well, Rochester's maybe the best.

The complaint thread closing early last week.

Too much turnover at my job - too many people being transferred around to new locations.

The damn dog went outside at 1030 last night, but apparently that wasn't good enough, so he woke me and the missus up twice in the middle of the night to go back outside. So he went out at 1030, 2, and 330. I know he did what he had to do because I stood out there and froze my butt off to make sure, but sure enough he was back in here whimpering a little while later. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I agree about the early closure of this thread.

Also, the SS server is still on daylight savings time.

And why do I have a warn status in my posts?

And ###### everyone and everything.

1) everyone ###### when it stays open too long

2) clear your cache

3) everyone does. see the little bar now? (I'll take it off in a minute)

4) u ######! :lol:

I think they should use rubber bullets and fire hoses on them daily. The rubber bullets to let them know if they were pulling this ###### in China, Russia, Somalia or 160 other countries in the world the bullets would be real, and the fire hoses to wash the stink off these dirty patchouli smelling hippies with nothing better to do with daddy's money now that phish isn't touring.