Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My issue is that if he is concerned about the safety of the neighborhood, then it can't just be a one night only situation. You'll never change the habits of hundreds of college students by putting up those little "Your Speed" boxes. Those only deter the people who were already deterred in the first place.

He's not wrong that it's always been like that. Well then do something about it. It does need to change. That's not even debatable.

I hear you. He comes back with no tickets and he's in trouble, so he waits for younger people to go through and then give his little speech to calm his concious. I bet no 55+ were getting nabbed.

It's all about $$.

how come all these a-holes get millions of dollars and I get nuthin? :censored:

Maybe because they worked like crazy their entire lives to earn it?

Nobody "gets" millions of dollars they don't earn, unless it's via inheritance.

Sitting around complaining that no one is giving you anything is a good way to perpetuate the situation.

I hear you. He comes back with no tickets and he's in trouble, so he waits for younger people to go through and then give his little speech to calm his concious. I bet no 55+ were getting nabbed.

It's all about $$.

Of course not. Also the speed limit was dropped from 35 to 30 to really slow everyone down. The only people it's going to stop are the ones who don't know that the speed readers aren't cameras. And it's not going to stop me from rolling through stop signs. Because coming to a dead stop in my Suburban is annoying and unnecessary. It's only a one way stop sign. Not an intersection at all.

They repaved the street over the summer as well and eliminated the speed bumps. Those never stopped me because hitting them at any speed made no difference. It did slow down the real a-holes though in their low slung rice burners. They really aught to bring them back.

Do yourself a favor - get together with your girlfriend this weekend and watch "A Few Good Men" starring Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Keifer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon and Noah Wylie.

It is a must see film from the 90's. You will miss quotes and jokes for decades if you don't watch this movie.

Consider this your code red.

Fixed it for you.

PS Why the ###### isn't this thread closed yet?!?

My Complaint, MattPie's inabilty to search the forum.

<br><br>I did, really!<br><br>EDIT: search sorts by last post, and apparently there were enough under 'Complaint' and 'Thursday' to push this thread off the bottom of the search results.<br>

Got a failure to stop ticket on Halloween. State Trooper decided to park behind a shrubbery on a lawn in my neighborhood and rope in everyone who rolls through the stops signs. I don't have a problem with getting the ticket, I earned it. My problem is that we'll never see him again. Giving me a lecture about how you used to live here and "these college kids all speed through here" doesn't solve anything if you don't routinely enforce the traffic laws. Targeted enforcement of problem areas is one of the most fundamental principles of policing.

But we'll never see him again. I, a safe driver, who has never had an accident, and can probably out drive most police officers, get a nice ticket, while all the drunk bros in m neighborhood who hit everything that moves and are an extreme danger, get to tool around unabated now that it's not Halloween. That is garbage policing.

I got one of those a few years ago at a stop sign in my neighborhood for rolling through. He was there because people often didn't even roll stop they just considered it optional and would fly right through the damn stop sign. My day care was one block past the stop sign so I didn't get pulled over until I was out of my truck and getting my kids out to drop off at day care. He jumped out of the car and yells at me to get back in my truck, I thought he was about to actually pull his gun on me. A total douche. Anyway, so I take my ticket and decide even though I deserved it that I'm going to use the legal plan I have at work and fight the thing with an attorney hoping to at least get it reduced to a non moving violation. My attorney kept getting my court date pushed back until finally one day they called me and said it had all been dropped and they sent back my deposit. Didn't cost me a dime.

Wow.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

You can always count on GoDD to come up with some dandies. As an aside, I'll never forget when he said something along these lines about the Buffalo. For Real video: "That's a great video and soothing soundtrack to play for the folks at the nursing home when they are euthanised because the county doesn't have any more medicaid money."

I blame chz for not bumping the thread when she re-opens it. :angry: ;)

And once again, this city is full of the most idiotic drivers the world has ever seen. You should definitely look before you blindly merge into my lane. You're lucky I'm paying attention you fool.

And then today a woman turned down a one-way road that apparently didn't take her where she wanted to go. So half way down the road, she decided to throw it in reverse and back out of the street. The problem was that more cars had already followed her. So instead of falling on her sword and going the right way, then making the 2 quick right turns it would take to get back to the main road, she sat there in reverse, yelling at people to back up and get out of her way. By then all of the cars had bottled up back to the main road, where I'm waiting to turn left. Luckily I'm paying attention and not joining in on the mess, but of course the idiot behind me has to lay on his horn even though he can see exactly what I'm seeing.

Oh, and Crosschecking, the idiots have also crossed over into your brotherhood of truck drivers. This one isn't really as much of a complaint as it was hilarious. It was one of those intersections where the turn is ridiculously sharp, so there's usually right turning lane that branches off early at a much more doable angle. Well the truck missed that lane, so he decided to try make the sharp turn. So I sit back at the red light on my road watching this guy do the whole, turn, reverse, turn, reverse, turn, reverse game. I wound up missing 3 full green lights because he had the whole thing blocked and I was laughing the whole time. It wasn't physically possible to make that turn in the truck, but he was stubborn enough to keep trying. Luckily he gave up eventually.

My complaint for the week is why am I only limited to two pickups per week in the SabreSpace Gold league? I took over one of the inactive teams and I have to play with injured/open spots in my lineup until next week cause I can only make two moves.

It's gonna take a long time to rebuild if I only get two moves a week... :angry:

OK, real complaint:

I have a relatively new car. Last Friday (I think), I must have nicked a curb and gouged up both right-side rims, to the point that I probably should replace them. The front has a chunk out of the tire's sidewall, so I'll probably be tossing an 11,000 mile old tire too. The rims will be at least $100 each to repair, or significantly more to replace. Then, Saturday I was parked on the side of a road at a party and the neighbor backed out and hit my car. At least that one only damaged the bumper and tail light and I don't have to pay for it. The car was nearly perfect before this. :censored:

OK, real complaint:

I have a relatively new car. Last Friday (I think), I must have nicked a curb and gouged up both right-side rims, to the point that I probably should replace them. The front has a chunk out of the tire's sidewall, so I'll probably be tossing an 11,000 mile old tire too. The rims will be at least $100 each to repair, or significantly more to replace. Then, Saturday I was parked on the side of a road at a party and the neighbor backed out and hit my car. At least that one only damaged the bumper and tail light and I don't have to pay for it. The car was nearly perfect before this. :censored:

Your bike has a voodoo car doll.

Your bike has a voodoo car doll.

The bike is pretty jealous, I haven't ridden in a week or two and she's filthy from the trips before that. I'm giving her a sponge bath this weekend. Not quite as dirty as the picture, but still a bit.

Why in the hell does it take so damn long to buy a house! Stop dragging your feet and get it done before the damn snow hits! :angry:

I had a very unpleasant home-buying experience a few years ago and we had to deal with a mortgage-lending agency. Then, we found out that our mortgage got sold to Wells Fargo and that it was standard practice for these "no name" mortgage lenders to turn around and sell them to these thieves.

I wish I'd found out back then that this was a trap waiting to happen. I can only advise those of you who have yet to buy your first house to stay away from these places. If you find out it's been sold to Wells Fargo, refi ASAP!!! Otherwise, if you have to shortsell or you run into trouble, they WILL stab you in the back.

I wish I'd found out back then that this was a trap waiting to happen. I can only advise those of you who have yet to buy your first house to stay away from these places. If you find out it's been sold to Wells Fargo, refi ASAP!!! Otherwise, if you have to shortsell or you run into trouble, they WILL stab you in the back.

Same thing happened to me, but I was warned. I haven't had any issues with WF though, good to know.

I had a very unpleasant home-buying experience a few years ago and we had to deal with a mortgage-lending agency. Then, we found out that our mortgage got sold to Wells Fargo and that it was standard practice for these "no name" mortgage lenders to turn around and sell them to these thieves.

Wells Fargo is one of the dirtiest, if not THE dirtiest, financial institutions in this country. They are soley responsible for the swing to credit unions around here. My wife had an account with them for a few years, during which we racked up more overdraft fees in the 2 years we were with them than our entire lives combined pre- and post-marriage. We were with Key Bank, and WF swept in and bought them out. Key's policy was to immediately make your funds available on any deposit. WF's strategy was to hold your checks for 3 days to "verify that the funds will clear the issuing institution." Horse sh**. The reason for the hold was because they knew that Key's policy was to make them available immediately, therefore any pending transactions would clear. WF also knew that, if you assume that the policy would remain in effect, you'll continue to make little purchases that go against whatever balance you currently have--NOT including the deposits. So when we deposited our work checks, we went shopping, out to eat, made some other various little purchases and what-not ... then got slammed with approximately $250 in OD fees. When I approached them about it, they made absolutely no attempt to explain or apologize "for the inconvenience." No credits, no refunds ... nothing. So we moved to our current credit union. Not one overdraft in 9+ years of being with them.

Then there was the debacle with her open account that had a 0 balance. They conveniently lost our mailing address after we moved, even though we know good and well that we gave it to them at a local branch. My wife maintained her account with a 0 balance for years. Then out of nowhere, they instituted this policy of account management for balances with less than $25 in them. One day, we got a collections notice indicating that we owed them close to $400. This was after months of charging for the under $25 balance AND THEN slapping us with an overdraft fee. for 8 months, we were assessed $50 for those fees. No notice of policy change, no statements--monthly, quarterly or otherwise. Just this collections notice. I went to the local branch and let them have it. In no uncertain terms, I informed their branch manager that I would not leave that building until a) the account was closed and zeroed out, the fees reversed, and I could physically see on their system where the account was permanently closed. He got pissy, I got pissy back. He threatened to call the cops, and I said I would call every news channel in Utah and tell them about their "policies." After I said that, it took him less than 3 minutes to forgive all the fees, close the account, and show me on screen and in printed receipt that the account was indeed closed and finalized.

Wells Fargo is flat-out evil. I know everyone wants to rail on BoA for trying to charge $5 a month for debit card use, but I'll tell you what--at least they were up front about it. WF would have never told you, and your account would have just been debited the $5 every month without any kind of information being passed to you.