Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I hung in there until the end waiting for it to get better. One of the dumber things I've ever watched on youtube and certainly not worthy of 18,000,000+ views. :thumbdown:

Don't forget that 18,000,000 is in Metric since they're French; so that really is only like 432 views.

My pickup truck, which was perfect for use in Florida, is absolutely horrible in Northeast Ohio winters.

People who drive in Northeast Ohio without Bridgestone Blizzaks on their pickup trucks in winter!

I am also going to complain about the low quality of the youth hockey in this area, and the lack of games. I have 6 games this month to officiate. In Virginia (yes, VIRGINIA), that would be a solid weekend for me; here it's a frigging MONTH! Come on, we're in the north, play some hockey, and play some good hockey while you're at it. Note to coaches - it's not football on skates. Forearms to the head are penalties, as are hits where the puck is no longer present. Learn the damn rules before you start screaming at me, you moron!

There, phew!!!

At least I get to see a good game this weekend when I got to Buffalo to see my Bantam Major nephew play for the '95 Regals AAA team.

I bought a new jacket during Christmas time. It has that flap of fabric over the outside of the zipper. I hate when they do that because that fabric almost always ends up jamming the zipper if you're not paying attention. You'd think that after all these years companies would have figured out this problem.

That flap is there to keep the wind from going through the zipper and also to keep water out. But yeah, I hate when it gets stuck!

People who drive in Northeast Ohio without Bridgestone Blizzaks on their pickup trucks in winter!

I am also going to complain about the low quality of the youth hockey in this area, and the lack of games. I have 6 games this month to officiate. In Virginia (yes, VIRGINIA), that would be a solid weekend for me; here it's a frigging MONTH! Come on, we're in the north, play some hockey, and play some good hockey while you're at it. Note to coaches - it's not football on skates. Forearms to the head are penalties, as are hits where the puck is no longer present. Learn the damn rules before you start screaming at me, you moron!

I've been living here for 16 years now and I can't stand the apathy towards hockey in this area. It is just another item in the long list of items that makes me hate living here.

My complaint: Not being able to move away from North East Ohio. My wife and I were given (yes given) 10 1/2 acres of land and we built on it. I'm attached to the land but I hate that it is in Ohio.

It's complaint clearing house here.

1. Can't find skates that fit.
  2. Long-term girlfriend is leaving.
  3. Slow leak in one of my car tires, so I have to inflate it every couple days.
  4. Left my Thermos in Buffalo last visit.
  5. I haven't seen a home Sabres game since the late 90s. I've been to several away games though.
  6. Too much salt on the roads to ride my bike.

My complaint: stupid LTs who go to Korea, fall in love with a juicy girl(prostitute), Mary her, bring her home and get upset when he learns that half his platoon ran a train on her when they were over there.

Hey, LT, YOU DON'T MARRY THE HOOKERS!!!!

Complaint 2: Kids who marry a local girl that he's known for two months right before deployment and are surprised to learn she spent all his money the year he was gone, ran up thousands of dollars in credit card debt, and is divorcing him.

Hey, kid, DON'T GET MARRIED RIGHT BEFORE DEPLOYMENT!

I hung in there until the end waiting for it to get better. One of the dumber things I've ever watched on youtube and certainly not worthy of 18,000,000+ views. :thumbdown:

Apparently that dance they are doing with the arms around the head is all the rage in France and Quebec right now. Those guys, known as the Tecktonik dancers, just go to clubs and put on shows where they dance to europop. It's...weird.

Here's the original without dudes dancing. Even if you don't dig the music, Yelle is pretty easy on the eyes. :thumbsup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmLjZrH0VlY

Don't forget that 18,000,000 is in Metric since they're French; so that really is only like 432 views.

:lol:

1. Too much salt on the roads to ride my bike.

Indeed - I started wearing my Harley jacket despite the fact that the bike will not come out of winter storage until all of the salt has been washed off the roads (so, prolly not 'til April....grr.)

BTW, nice looking bike...the pic is too small for these old eyes to discern what brand/model.

OK, got a closer look - is that a BMW? Very nice - I had an R1200CLC, but now I have an Ultra Glide.

My complaint: stupid LTs who go to Korea, fall in love with a juicy girl(prostitute), Mary her, bring her home and get upset when he learns that half his platoon ran a train on her when they were over there.

Hey, LT, YOU DON'T MARRY THE HOOKERS!!!!

Of the over three thousand posts in the thread,.. this might be my favorite.

For any of you who have been through Chicago, whoever planned and developed some of the roadways around there needs a refresher course in civil engineering.

Case in point: I was driving eastbound on I-90 before I got to the I-290 Interchange toll booth. There are four toll lanes, but only one lane to get through afterwards. Talk about a cluster :censored: on a daily basis! :angry:

Complaint 2: Kids who marry a local girl that he's known for two months right before deployment and are surprised to learn she spent all his money the year he was gone, ran up thousands of dollars in credit card debt, and is divorcing him.

Hey, kid, DON'T GET MARRIED RIGHT BEFORE DEPLOYMENT!

Part of that problem is that some of those girls were Army brats! <_<

I know. I haven't had it happen to me, but I've seen it happen.

There, phew!!!

At least I get to see a good game this weekend when I got to Buffalo to see my Bantam Major nephew play for the '95 Regals AAA team.

I doubt Blizzaks would help my crappy winter truck one bit, but in any case, I'm not spending $500+ for snow tires on a vehicle I am trying to pay off and trade in - not when I have a ~1-mile commute to work. I'll load up with sandbags, go slow and do some fun donuts in the parking lots and work to pay it down as fast as possible.

And I know what you mean about the hockey. I had hoped that I could pick up some extra cash covering HS hockey games for the paper, but they barely cover anything here outside of football and HS basketball. I go from decent extra cash in the fall (football) to almost none the other 8 months of the year.

I've been living here for 16 years now and I can't stand the apathy towards hockey in this area. It is just another item in the long list of items that makes me hate living here.

My complaint: Not being able to move away from North East Ohio. My wife and I were given (yes given) 10 1/2 acres of land and we built on it. I'm attached to the land but I hate that it is in Ohio.

We've been in NEO for three years now and I am surprised at the apathy towards hockey.

And I am hoping we don't get stuck here permanently. I am hoping my next career move makes me a "halfback" - and we can move halfway back down South. Maybe North Carolina.

It was beautiful here today. 40 degrees with sunshine and the sound of melting snow. Thing is...I know it's fake. The tease of the January thaw.

I know what is coming at us until April and this "fake spring" just pisses me off.

Yep. Although I am glad to see some of the snow go away, even if it is a temporary reprieve. It's a couple days I don't have to shovel, and I can get into the backyard and clean up some of the dog's land mines before the next round of snow...

• 2 weeks later...

Basement finishing project underway, somehow stepped on a metal sliver that lodged in the heel of my foot. My complaint; no help available this am and forced to do my best side show circus contortionist act to extract it w/o breaking my own leg. Just maybe I should have taken that old Girlfreinds Yoga encouragement more seriously.