Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I would bet money that they know English just fine. It’s just easier than telling you they don’t care.

I heard the English before I said a word to them. If they’re out there again today, I already have the more creative responses cued up. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shrader said:

My neighbors across the street are building an extension on their house. They started the framing yesterday. During their break, the workers were laying down napping in my yard. I went outside and told them they were in the wrong yard and one responded “what did you say?”.  I said it again and then got nothing but “no English”.

We stayed at a condo complex in Florida for a few weeks this winter.  Wife had told me the ladies room bathroom in the pool area had an empty soap dispenser for several days.  So the next morning I see one of the staff that cleaned the pool bathrooms daily.  I said to him, “the ladies room bathroom…”, he cuts me off and replies…”no speak english” and walks away.   🖕🏻

Edited by LabattBlue

I’m driving through a Costco parking lot right by the front entrance. This guy wearing obnoxiously large headphones no look walks out in front of my car, tapping away at his phone. Really, it’s no big deal, I’m paying attention and I full expect to stop in front of stores. This douche then proceeds to stop right in front of my car in the middle of the crosswalk and continues to tap away on the phone. I have so little hope for the future of mankind. 

17 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Starbucks I can't stand sitting in line ordering a fancy ass coffee 

I miss the good old days just black coffee with a little cream now it's all b*******

I don't like the taste of Starbucks, but you can order regular brewed coffee there and put your own cream in it.  It is still the oily tasting Starbucks that people like to love, but without all the foof.   

They tell me that when you get older you start to think that everything sucks, less is more, and "the good old days" become so much better than they really were.  

44 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I don't like the taste of Starbucks, but you can order regular brewed coffee there and put your own cream in it.  It is still the oily tasting Starbucks that people like to love, but without all the foof.   

They tell me that when you get older you start to think that everything sucks, less is more, and "the good old days" become so much better than they really were.  

It's going for the wife that irritates me and it's like she thinks I should know the exact details of the drink.

If they all close down you wouldn't see me cry

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Can you share what your current line is?  

Education basically (not k-12). My team changed and the veterans have been pushed to the side for newer ppl who are Yes men. I'm sick in explaining why things won't work or trying to fix all the screw ups. I'm over it and want to move on so I'm looking. I want to work in assessment either education or Healthcare but jobs in Buffalo are slim.

Edit: Oh and there was some things done behind the teams back with one of newbies that hurt what we do but was initiated by management. I got slapped down pretty hard and unprofessionally when I questioned it and tried to show them the issue. The trust is broken and it's never coming back. 

Edited by LGR4GM

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

It's going for the wife that irritates me and it's like she thinks I should know the exact details of the drink.

If they all close down you wouldn't see me cry

Imagine if she ordered via the app for pick-up and you just walked in and grabbed the cup.  You might suggest it.

I had 3 different cars make left turns into my lane yesterday at maybe 5 car lengths maximum on 55-65 mph roads and proceed to go 35. I’m trying very hard not to teach my son certain words but these idiots make it tough. So far he is a big fan of my sarcastic horn, laying on it for a good 30 seconds. 

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

You're talking about old people here that have trouble with the electronic board on the fridge that my lovely daughter thought we would love

My wife keeps turning off the ice maker because she pushes buttons on the fridge that don't need pushing.  

I told her when she picked this fancy-dancy model out that the electronic buttons on the door will eventually fail and cost a fortune to fix. 

They did and it was. 

Edited by Pimlach

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Education basically (not k-12). My team changed and the veterans have been pushed to the side for newer ppl who are Yes men. I'm sick in explaining why things won't work or trying to fix all the screw ups. I'm over it and want to move on so I'm looking. I want to work in assessment either education or Healthcare but jobs in Buffalo are slim.

Edit: Oh and there was some things done behind the teams back with one of newbies that hurt what we do but was initiated by management. I got slapped down pretty hard and unprofessionally when I questioned it and tried to show them the issue. The trust is broken and it's never coming back. 

Oh, get out of there if you can. Management is not setting the old team up for good outcomes.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I was thinking a high school history teacher.  Don't know why.  

Veteran employees being pushed aside is common.  Probably always has been.   I know I saw it and since I still consult part time, I see it even more.   Some of it is employee resistance to change which is a normal thing, but quite a bit of this problem is an unhealthy and growing trend in our country to discount older people and not value the wisdom that comes from experience.   You are not alone.  

The Chinese tour groups are everywhere, and their culture is just..... Um... Rude (putting it lightly) 

A local family was walking my way with a crying 4 year old and this old Asian man (part of tour group) starts mocking the kid, crying and kneeling down, maybe he honestly thought he was funny, but it was one of the most akward things I've seen In a while. 

This is a recurring theme, in about 85 of the 92 countries I've been, I've run into a tour group of them and they are always just a mess. 

45 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

A surround sound receiver?  How old?   What is not compatible, does it lack HDMI inputs?  

Surround sound. Had it hooked up with 5.1 at my old place. HDMI. It’s about 12 yrs old. 

looking at a Denon 5.2 now. 5 hdmi. Bluetooth. 3 optic cables. 

• Like (+1) 1