Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

53 minutes ago, Night Train said:

I guess birthdays are great for kids...but when you're well into your 60's, they look at you like they're shocked you're still around. 

Sorry, I still have some plans...

Just don’t buy green bananas.

I remember a time when a piece of gear would break at work. I'd call a guy at a place and ask him if he could fix it. He'd say yes. I would send it to him with a sticky note on it telling him what was wrong. He'd fix it and send it back. He'd charge us what it cost and we'd pay him. Simple.

Now when something breaks, I have to email three different people, fill out a form online with model numbers, serial numbers, what the issue is, and get approval so they can send a Return of Merchandise Approval form, send one back to them with the gear, then forward a copy to our guy so he can approve paying for the repair, all so everyone can track information. And in the end, the guy on the bench is still just going to read the sticky note that that I put on the gear.

I truly wonder how much money gets wasted tracking spending in the guise of saving it.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I remember a time when a piece of gear would break at work. I'd call a guy at a place and ask him if he could fix it. He'd say yes. I would send it to him with a sticky note on it telling him what was wrong. He'd fix it and send it back. He'd charge us what it cost and we'd pay him. Simple.

Now when something breaks, I have to email three different people, fill out a form online with model numbers, serial numbers, what the issue is, and get approval so they can send a Return of Merchandise Approval form, send one back to them with the gear, then forward a copy to our guy so he can approve paying for the repair, all so everyone can track information. And in the end, the guy on the bench is still just going to read the sticky note that that I put on the gear.

I truly wonder how much money gets wasted tracking spending in the guise of saving it.

Everything is a hassle nowadays. How many things actually go smoothly or as intended? When it does happen our reaction is "WOW"

Edited by KC Scouts
  • Like (+1) 1

7 teenagers talking through the entire showing of One Love this weekend. Absolutely ruined the event.  Movie wasn’t spectacular by biopic standards but nevertheless.  No one to complain to at the Theatre.  I saw one kid both scanning and helping at the kiosk where you buy tickets. Will we have theaters in 25 years? I can say I have no interest in going anytime soon. 

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

The power of analytics.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Have you looked at that one?

absolutely 🌽 bread which readers do not need to waste their busy day on. 

I did. I posted there.

If the thread sucks, then let the democratic process of inattention do its work. The thread will just fade away, if, as you say, it’s not a worthwhile thread.

Also, is that the criteria for locking a thread around here, @SDS? A mod’s subjective belief that the thread isn’t worthwhile? I’d have thought the criteria would be more directed to inappropriate content (abuse, demonstrable lies, misuse (selling something)).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I just found out that Lowest Point in Sabres history thread wasn't locked, it was scrubbed from the site.

There was a lot of good historical info and context in it.

My Gaslit at 3 a.m. thread also went away.

I actually messaged chz and said I wasn't going to get upset about the gaslit thread bc I have mellowed with age.

But now I AM getting ticked off.

There's a weird trend at play.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

The Mods on this forum make it difficult for me to continue to come back.  
I visit other boards and no other mods act like this.

They’ll probably lock and erase this soon enough.  They don’t like criticism.  

Edited by Mr. Allen

I commented on the Britney Spears subreddit asking the worst thing she had done post conservatorship. I responded with calling out her children multiple times on social media. Not her adult children, but her children children. She has been a bad mother. 

It got deleted with a message from the mod "RESPECT BRITNEY". 

I think this is a good line in the sand for thread and comment deleting. "Does deleting this thread make me more similar or less similar to Britney-stans". 

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

I commented on the Britney Spears subreddit asking the worst thing she had done post conservatorship. I responded with calling out her children multiple times on social media. Not her adult children, but her children children. She has been a bad mother. 

It got deleted with a message from the mod "RESPECT BRITNEY". 

I think this is a good line in the sand for thread and comment deleting. "Does deleting this thread make me more similar or less similar to Britney-stans". 

The fact that you post on the Britney Spears subreddit is the most important thing I have learned here today. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4