Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Anyone else notice that Philly is over by 4 million and Chicago over the cap by 2? I know they've got time, but is there someone there we want to take off their hands cheap?

Also noticed Buffalo is second from the bottom insofaras percent of salary on defenseman. (I guess because of multiple UFA's)

Anyone else notice that Philly is over by 4 million and Chicago over the cap by 2? I know they've got time, but is there someone there we want to take off their hands cheap?

Also noticed Buffalo is second from the bottom insofaras percent of salary on defenseman. (I guess because of multiple UFA's)

I noticed they also cut Gauthier..He is a tough defensive defensman that could help us besides Jason Smith

If we're going the trade route to find a defensemen, we should look to Chicago to see what that asking price is for D Duncan Keith. He has to be somewhat expendable now that Campbell is the #1 offensive guy. He'd be a nice fit here in Buffalo.

Also Bouwmeester is an obvious trade candidate as Florida still can't seem to get him signed.

I think that Chicago would have to move Khabibulin, or Havlat or a D-man.

They need 2 or 3 forwards and have to dump money.

Afinegonov for Havlat??? :D

If we're going the trade route to find a defensemen, we should look to Chicago to see what that asking price is for D Duncan Keith. He has to be somewhat expendable now that Campbell is the #1 offensive guy. He'd be a nice fit here in Buffalo.

Also Bouwmeester is an obvious trade candidate as Florida still can't seem to get him signed.

Would be interesting if we could swing Bouwmeester and Greg Campbell (I know he has terrible numbers but he's a young center that could help us out if he progressed).

I noticed they also cut Gauthier..He is a tough defensive defensman that could help us besides Jason Smith

Gauthier is terrible. Sure he is a tough d-man but he would end up watching a lot PP goals against in the box or maybe a tan from all the red lights coming on while he is on the ice in his own zone.

2 July 2008: TSN reports the Sabres have just signed a lifetime contract with Mr Goodwrench to service and repair the Zamboni. The move, a first of its kind, has been hailed by GMs across the NHL for its forward thinking and cost cutting. While other teams were being distracted by escalating UFA prices on Canada Day, the Sabres maintained perspective and locked up this maintenance contract. LQ was overheard boasting that at least the Zamboni will be locked up long term.

Archived