Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Atlanta signs Hainsey 5 for 22.5

EDIT:TSN says Atlanta and sportsnet says Columbus???

tsn

sportsnet

I'm pretty sure it's Atlanta because he played for Columbus this past season. Seems odd that Columbus would wait till after he became a UFA to re-sign him, but I guess anything's possible. I'm pretty sure it's Atlanta, though. Either way, it looks like the last of the puck moving defenseman are off the board. I'm not sure there's anyone left at blueline for the Sabres to sign now besides Orpik and given what was said in the Buffalo News yesterday, I highly doubt he's signing in Buffalo. Oh well, let's see what the bargain basement sales bring in next week.

Strike Atlanta from the Orpik derby..

Teams who have paid handsomely for D help and are probably out of the Orpik Derby also include:

NYR, Columbus, CHI, TOR, NJD, WAS

Why do I get the feeling he'll be either a PEN or a SEN????

I'm pretty sure it's Atlanta because he played for Columbus this past season. Seems odd that Columbus would wait till after he became a UFA to re-sign him, but I guess anything's possible. I'm pretty sure it's Atlanta, though. Either way, it looks like the last of the puck moving defenseman are off the board. I'm not sure there's anyone left at blueline for the Sabres to sign now besides Orpik and given what was said in the Buffalo News yesterday, I highly doubt he's signing in Buffalo. Oh well, let's see what the bargain basement sales bring in next week.

Probably right since Campbell didn't take their offer.

Anyone else notice that Philly is over by 4 million

nhlnumbers.com does not show Rathje as being on LTIR. That would be $3.5 million off of their books.

I'd take Braydon Coburn of their hands for a draft pick or prospect to help them get below.

nhlnumbers.com does not show Rathje as being on LTIR. That would be $3.5 million off of their books.

I'd take Braydon Coburn of their hands for a draft pick or prospect to help them get below.

Would you now? Awfully generous of you! Perhaps you'd take Richards as well?

What do you think of this idea...

Ducks need depth up front, and they need to clear some space. Why not send Max+ their way, and grab Schneider and Drew Miller? Then we can use Drew as a bargaining chip with Ryan.

Cuz Schneider is a 5.6 mil cap hit. TG: "GET YOUR HANDS OF MY PENNIES!!!"

Ducks need depth up front, and they need to clear some space. Why not send Max+ their way, and grab Schneider and Drew Miller? Then we can use Drew as a bargaining chip with Ryan.

I think that Max is pretty much the opposite of everything Brian Burke likes in a hockey player, starting with his place of birth.

If players like Bertruzzi and Tucker are getting waived, I don't think there is a market for Max.

Alright....can one of you photoshop whizzes help me out and see how this would look as the Sabres new logo on their jersey?

I think you're being too tough on the Sabres.. I think this logo is more in keeping with where they're at fiscally....

post-505-1215032263_thumbgif

Sources tell TSN the Columbus Blue Jackets and New York Rangers have completed a trade. The Rangers will get Nikolai Zherdev and Dan Fritsche, with Fedor Tyutin and Christian Backman going to Columbus.

What a lopsided trade that is...

Less than I thought he would sign for. I wonder how high the Sabres were willing to go?

Probably not over 3 which is pretty cheap. I really hope Darcy had his hands tied on this one otherwise he, in my opinion, screwed the pooch on this one.

Archived