Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

If Dan Boyle ends up a Sabre I'll drive my fat a$$ down to the arena for the press conference and dive at his knees. :censored:

:D :D :D :D

Thanks, made me laugh to start my day. Always a good thing!

Is Bouwmeester a physical defensemen? I thought the point was to make the Sabres defense tougher and more physical. Bouwmeester doesn't represent either of the characteristics. He has 1 major in 389 games.

He's not that physical. But neither is Lindstrom.

If they can land Boumeester that would be a huge coup.

This is one rumor I hope is nothing more than that(at least as far as Buffalo goes)....

Boyle Deal Imminent (e4) on yet another huge day at HB.com

July 3, 2008, 10:43 AM ET [221 Comments]

Quick Hit.

Five teams that I am hearing are involved...

Ottawa

Philadelphia

San Jose

Buffalo

Montreal

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16067

This is one rumor I hope is nothing more than that(at least as far as Buffalo goes)....

Boyle Deal Imminent (e4) on yet another huge day at HB.com

July 3, 2008, 10:43 AM ET [221 Comments]

Quick Hit.

Five teams that I am hearing are involved...

Ottawa

Philadelphia

San Jose

Buffalo

Montreal

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16067

The Boyle-to-Buffalo makes no sense on so many levels that I might seriously lose my mind if we trade anything of value to get him. The only way I would even remotely accept a deal like that would be if the Sabres were able to unload all their crap on Tampa, especially Max and TC.

The Boyle-to-Buffalo makes no sense on so many levels that I might seriously lose my mind if we trade anything of value to get him. The only way I would even remotely accept a deal like that would be if the Sabres were able to unload all their crap on Tampa, especially Max and TC.

Considering we wouldn't sign Orpik for under 4 I highly doubt they will sign Boyle for over 6.

Considering we wouldn't sign Orpik for under 4 I highly doubt they will sign Boyle for over 6.

Boyle's already signed, which is why the deal really doesn't make sense. We wouldn't pay Soupy (our own Boyle) $6M, and now we're going to trade assets to Tampa to get someone else's offensive defenseman?

I'm partially frustrated because the rumor is an Ek rumor and doesn't make any sense, and I'm ticked at the possibility that this could even be considered.

Per RDS Canada..

Pittsburgh signs Miroslav Satan, 1yr, $3.5 mil

Pittsburgh signs Ruslan Fedotenko, 1yr, $2.5 mil

UPDATE (hope you can read French): http://www.rds.ca/hockey/

Here is what the good old translator at Altavista.com gives us:

Quickly replaced Hossa Thursday July 3, 2008 RDS.ca To print Answer Miroslav Satan (Photo Getty) Penguins de Pittsburgh did not put much time in order to stage at the loss of Marian Hossa. Penguins engaged for one year the autonomous players Miroslav Satan and Ruslan Fedotenko, according to what RDS learned Wednesday. Satan goes empocher 3,5 million $ US, while Fedotenko will touch 2,25 million $. In addition, the Qu?b?cois goalkeeper Marc-Andre Fleury signed a seven year old contract of a value of 35 million $. The three players are customers of the agent Allan Walsh. More details to come

e

First, I doubt there is anything to do the Boyle deal, but I disagree that it doesn't make sense.

1) It is the same amount they offered Campbell albiet for two more years

2) He is a right handed shot for the power play

3) It allows them to bring Sekera along as a fourth or fifth defensemen insuring that he will not post Mike Green numbers and thus allowing them to sign him to one more contract at a reasonable rate.

Also, with all their forwards, there is no way Tampa wants Connolly or Max which is the biggest reason I can't see this happening.

e

First, I doubt there is anything to do the Boyle deal, but I disagree that it doesn't make sense.

3) It allows them to bring Sekera along as a fourth or fifth defensemen insuring that he will not post Mike Green numbers and thus allowing them to sign him to one more contract at a reasonable rate.

Also, with all their forwards, there is no way Tampa wants Connolly or Max which is the biggest reason I can't see this happening.

Tampa has too many of everything right now. They are probably just trying to free up cap for picks or prospects.

And Jason Smith is a right handed shot too for probably 2 million less (if not more).

e

1.) Link? I haven't seen anything that shows more than $5M per for Soupy. Even if they did, why was it a bad idea to offer the 29-year-old Soupy two additional years but now they are OK with those extra years for a guy who is three years older and coming off an injury-plagued season?

2.) I will grant that he is an upgrade on the PP.

3.) Sounds like a bit of a conspiracy theory there.

This is absolutely ridiculous tidbit...

A video on TSN.ca's main page confirms Hossa was signed for $7.4 because GM Ken Holland promised Nicklas Lidstrom that he'd be the highest paid player on the team (at $7.5 mil).

Are you kidding me? Is this a lie, or is Lidstrom really that small at this point in his career? Would he sit in a corner pouting if Hossa made more than him? I understand catering to your veterans, especially a future Hall of Famer, but come on!

Also, if it is a three to five team deal, who know who else is involved????,

I wouldn't worry, Regier will get cold feet in the end.

I know there have been 3 team trades in the past, but I don't ever remember a 5 team trade. :blink:

1.) Link? I haven't seen anything that shows more than $5M per for Soupy. Even if they did, why was it a bad idea to offer the 29-year-old Soupy two additional years but now they are OK with those extra years for a guy who is three years older and coming off an injury-plagued season?

2.) I will grant that he is an upgrade on the PP.

3.) Sounds like a bit of a conspiracy theory there.

1) There are one hundred links with regard to them offering Campbell a three year deal worth just under $6 million per year.

Sources tell TSN Marc-Andre Fleury has signed a seven year, $35 million extension.

The deal includes a no-move and limited no-trade clause that triggers in 2010-2011

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242381&amp...os=topStory_nhl

I wonder how that impacts Ryan's negotiations. Miller has a little more experience and a better GAA, while Fleury has more SO and slightly better playoff numbers:

Regular Season

Miller - 205 GP; 112-68-1-19; 2.69 GAA, .908 SV, 7 SO

Fleury - 173 GP; 76-67-2-17; 2.95 GAA; .905 SV, 11 SO

Playoffs

Miller - 34 GP; 20-14; 2.40, .915, 1 SO

Fleury - 25 GP; 15-10, 2.30, .922, 3 SO

Archived