Free Agency Frenzy

Corp000085

Not sure why the hate:

T-bo 12 games played 3.31 GAA .869 Save percent

Auld 9 games ---- 3.54 and .880

LaLime 32 Games 2.82 and .897

Right on. The hysteria over not getting guys like Auld and Cujo is pretty silly.

Not sure why the hate:

So he's slightly better than the crap we had as backup last year. I'm psyched.

FWIW - Auld versus Buffalo: 2-0-1, 1.62, .949.

Not sure why the hate:

Yup, they are all the same crappy guy who may or may not have a better season next year ... I swear they could trade jerseys and no one would notice. If Miller does not return to form, none ofthese guys was saving the season anyway.

No no no no no no no no no. This would be the most idiotic move of all.

:thumbsup: HA - I was only kidding on Enroth. He's very fresh and not ready.

Not sure what to make of the Lalime signing. He can be great one game, garbage the next. Well, at least its not T-Blow!!

Not sure why the hate:

Still waiting for more confirmation of La lime (as the song "you put de lime in the coconut and shake it all up" goes thru my head)

Your numbers on Auld are incomplete. He played 9 games for Phoenix (the numbers you posted were right for his time in AZ) and 23 for Boston, where he was 9-7-5, 2.32, .919, 2 SO.

For the season - 32 GP, 12-13-5, 3 SO; 2.68 GAA, .907 SV.

Not sure why the hate:

Still waiting for more confirmation of La lime (as the song "you put de lime in the coconut and shake it all up" goes thru my head)

So, ummm... you conveniently left out Auld's 23 games with Boston.

So, ummm... you conveniently left out Auld's 23 games with Boston.

Yep. Here's the numbers (I had to edit a couple times while I calculated the totals):

Played 9 games for Phoenix (the numbers she posted were right for his time in AZ) and 23 for Boston, where he was 9-7-5, 2.32, .919, 2 SO.

Your numbers on Auld are incomplete. He played 9 games for Phoenix (the numbers you posted were right for his time in AZ) and 23 for Boston, where he was 9-7-5, 2.32, .919, 2 SO.

I'll edit

SV% .907 GAA 2.68

So he's slightly better than the crap we had as backup last year. I'm psyched.

FWIW - Auld versus Buffalo: 2-0-1, 1.62, .949.

And he's only slightly worse than the crap we had as starter last year. I'm psyched!

I'm sure he's the veteran backup everyone was thinking of who could help mentor Ryan a little and will earn the trust of Lindy and the staff.

Miller's a veteran now. It's laughable to think he needs someone to come in and show him the ropes. I think with Miller, at this stage in his career, what you see is what you get. It is what it is.

And he's only slightly worse than the crap we had as starter last year. I'm psyched!

Miller's a veteran now. It's laughable to think he needs someone to come in and show him the ropes. I think with Miller, at this stage in his career, what you see is what you get. It is what it is.

Ah, the ridiculous rantings I had come to miss. No, wait...

Yep. Here's the numbers (I had to edit a couple times while I calculated the totals):

Played 9 games for Phoenix (the numbers she posted were right for his time in AZ) and 23 for Boston, where he was 9-7-5, 2.32, .919, 2 SO.

The strange thing is that I know this same mistake was made with Auld's stats here at some point earlier this offseason. Do some sites out there actually list the Phoenix stats below the Boston ones in their summary? That seems like a stupid approach.

He is backup goalie..Bottom line...He is suppose to be able to beat the bottom teams we play when we play them..Our franchise goalie should be able to play 60-65 games No problem and hold up his end..If he doesnt hold up his end for the games he plays our backup doesnt mean squat...Who were the Sabres going to sign as a backup that was anybetter..They all are the same..Maybe we can coax Hasek out for a yr..We can send him him a western union...DOM.our franchise goalie cant stand the heat..Can you help us out??? I expect Miller to have a way better year this year and I dont think our backup is gonna make a difference anyway..If we dont improve our weak ass defense it isnt gonna matter who is in net anyway...

The strange thing is that I know this same mistake was made with Auld's stats here at some point earlier this offseason. Do some sites out there actually list the Phoenix stats below the Boston ones in their summary? That seems like a stupid approach.

I went to Yahoo Sports' player page for Auld and it lists Boston first, then Phoenix. LINK

QUICK EDIT: Had I gone to NHL.com I would have found his entire season's stats already calculated for me on his Profile page; and on his career page they have the correct order (PHO then BOS.)

He is backup goalie..Bottom line...He is suppose to be able to beat the bottom teams we play when we play them..Our franchise goalie should be able to play 60-65 games No problem and hold up his end..If he doesnt hold up his end for the games he plays our backup doesnt mean squat...Who were the Sabres going to sign as a backup that was anybetter..They all are the same..Maybe we can coax Hasek out for a yr..We can send him him a western union...DOM.our franchise goalie cant stand the heat..Can you help us out??? I expect Miller to have a way better year this year and I dont think our backup is gonna make a difference anyway..If we dont improve our weak ass defense it isnt gonna matter who is in net anyway...

Not trying to say anything here, but...I have no idea what you just wrote and how it relates to my post about Auld's numbers.

Lalime ???? should we also sign jay mckee to maybe a 7 year deal. Lalime- was fair back when Ottawa and the Sabres used to play 2-1 and 1-0 games.

Hence the reason he's a back up goalie now and will only play 15-20 games unless he's another T-Blo and Miller plays 70 games again. Be happy, we have a back up now. Who cares if he sucks, kinda the definition of a back up.

I went to Yahoo Sports' player page for Auld and it lists Boston first, then Phoenix. LINK

QUICK EDIT: Had I gone to NHL.com I would have found his entire season's stats already calculated for me on his Profile page; and on his career page they have the correct order (PHO then BOS.)

Not trying to say anything here, but...I have no idea what you just wrote and how it relates to my post about Auld's numbers.

Sorry I was just adding to the conversation about his signing and meant to hit the other button..I have been up since 430 am and have been workin the but off today am tired and cranky..And I hit the wrong button..lol

Sorry I was just adding to the conversation about his signing and meant to hit the other button..I have been up since 430 am and have been workin the but off today am tired and cranky..And I hit the wrong button..lol

No worries, I've been doing the same thing (working since early this a.m.) and that might be why I had no idea what you were posting. :thumbsup:

Archived